Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
When I read the story I thought of the book "In Cold Blood".

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by rost495
... Pay attention, its not Kansas anymore...

This is where I'm at. We live in a very quiet, rural area. Good neighbors. Trust them with the life of my family... However... Heroin is at epidemic proportions. And break-in's are increasing, even out here in the boon docks. Unlike Mr. Levitin, LEO response time to our location could be 10 minutes, or could be 40 minutes, depending on time of day and whatever else is going on in the county. None of my neighbors are going to be the least bit surprised nor worried if I show up at the door with a loaded firearm when they stop by unexpectedly.

Moreover, regarding Kansas, look up Capote's "In Cold Blood" regarding the rural family murdered in 1959 near Holcomb, KS. It can happen anywhere.

My great-grandparents lived in frontier Twin Cities in MN, where I believe he worked for Wells Fargo. His wife carried a revolver under her apron every time she answered the door. Back then, one didn't kid around.

I think it is fair to say there is reason to think that it has not changed, no matter how many wish it had.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
She was the getaway driver?

How did she reach the pedals?

From the same vein..

**Language**

What could she [b][color:#3333FF]get away from.?[/color][/b]

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh I bet she was a natural.

The only rode course she was in rendered her with chafing from the masa.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
this story is going to get weirder I think.

http://www.newson6.com/story/350162...three-burglars-shot-dead-in-broken-arrow

http://www.newson6.com/story/35019378/owasso-brothers-hope-friends-death-serves-as-lesson-to-others
[Linked Image]
BROKEN ARROW, Oklahoma -

Sources identified the three teen suspects killed in a burglary attempt in Broken Arrow on Monday.

The Wagoner County Sheriff's Office confirmed the names just before 8:00 Tuesday night as Max Cook, Jacob Redfearn and Jaykob Woodruff.

A woman who told authorities she was the getaway driver for the three teens knew the homeowner who shot them, according to court documents.

Elizabeth Rodriguez was in court Tuesday for a first appearance before a judge. Authorities plan to charge Rodriguez, 21, with three counts of first-degree felony murder for her alleged role in the burglary that led to the shooting deaths of three young men.

She was arrested after turning herself in at the Broken Arrow Police Department.

3/27/2017: Related Story: Three Teen Burglars Killed By Broken Arrow Homeowner's Son, Deputies Say

Court documents indicate the homeowner who fired the shots is Zachary Peters, 23, and that Rodriguez knew him by name. The documents note Rodriguez planned the burglary, took the three boys to the house, and was waiting in the driveway until she heard shots and left.

Wagoner County deputies said she turned herself in to give officers the names of the dead so their parents could be notified.

She was booked into jail on several complaints, including three counts of 1st-degree murder.

The sheriff says his office will release the identities once the Medical Examiner has positively identified them.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The community is going to have a vigil?

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
The community is going to have a vigil?

I hope it's for the victim, the homeowner who had to shoot them.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Must be going around. Friend of the family in Arkansas went to his grandmothers house to check on her and there was a man in the house when he came in. He tackled the guy and a fight ensued. Intruder pulled a .38 and shot him. Bullet deflected off a rib and out his butt cheek. He was in shock and chased after the guy for a second before realizing He was chasing a guy with a gun who had already shot him. He's fine now but sore. Never caught the guy he was wearing a mask and it happened too quick for any serious description.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
1. Sycamore is not a troll, he just doesn't attempt to stay in step with the "Campfire Cadence".

2. The article says it happened at 12 30 PM. That's just after noon, not dark.
Sycamore trolls here all the time Gene. I'm aware that it's normally not dark right after noon. I'm also very familiar with Broken Arrow. The news is now saying the getaway driver knew the home defender.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know about this case, but most home invasions are drug related.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
1. Sycamore is not a troll, he just doesn't attempt to stay in step with the "Campfire Cadence".

2. The article says it happened at 12 30 PM. That's just after noon, not dark.

to most normal folks, Sycamore is a troll.

Sam......

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
He needs to get a bunch more.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't know if this is legit or not..

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

[Linked Image]

Sorry man the biggest gun he could grab.
I wound not can a 22 cal. the biggest gun he could grap
He!! my 50 cal. would be the biggest I could grab but I would opt for my 357 mag to get me to my safe where I would grap one of my 308s and all would be head shots no need to let them get back up to come after my family or me again.

Dumbocrats always cry foul

But But But only if.

The MAN saved his family and deserves a HUGE pat on the back for protecting them and the future victims of these 4 so called good kids.

He deserves a reward for saving the tax payers from supporting these pieces of garbage while they are in jail as well.

Liberals have a mental disease I swear.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

[Linked Image]

LOL. Okay, note to self. Leave the AR in the safe, assess if adults or yutes', assess if only carrying bludgeoning objects/cutting tools..then go for the legs with a .22. Do we get to negotiate in between the deciding part? Not super keen on getting hit with brass knuckles or cut all to schidt but that makes me a puzzy, I guess. Or, just don't bust down peoples doors fully expecting to come out the 'victor' (for the would be door busters).

Without going 'all in' on either side, I am interested as to any connections all parties involved might have had in this one. I really hope it doesn't turn out the homeowners son was running with these thugs, cause that could make things slightly complicated.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by 325Abn
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by colodog
It's a hell of a thing to kill someone, killing three?
I hope there's someo ne he can talk to so he doesn't carry it around too long...

Ya I was concerned about the guy too, through no fault of his own his whole life just turned upside-down. Besides the killing, there's the being that guy who shot the three bad guys.

Several years ago before we moved here a retiree on my street shot and killed a teenager who had broken into his house. Totally justified.

That guy ended up moving.

Yeah, that would be tough to keep out of yer mind....

Just imagine every time you walked in that room or looked where the kid died... you'd be re-living the whole thing over and over.

No thanks... I'd move too.

Move...Why in the heck would you move...That's your house, your HOME.

Some loser tried to break into your Sanctuary...YOUR HOME....And you stopped him.

There would darn well be a bit of a party going on here...Every time....EVERY Time I looked at that spot, I'd be wishing that SOB woulda been able to clean up his own stinkin' blood.

3 completely useless individuals are dead. Good Friggin' Riddance.

Don't let the name fool Ya!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anybody hear anything more on this?

daylight home invasion,

guy at home has a loaded AR ready to go?

driver knows shooter?

doesn't sound very random.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sycamore

daylight home invasion,

driver knows shooter?

Yes, but don't have a link.

Everybody in OK has a gun, "ready to go". I've got a loaded weapon in just about every room in the house.

Driver knew the shooters father, who also lives in the house.

Perps broke into the house earlier in the day to scout it out, returned later to rob everything, didn't know the son had since returned.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Sycamore

daylight home invasion,

driver knows shooter?

Who is dumb enough NOT to have a loaded AR ready to go at all times at home? Along with a shotgun(s), a couple of handguns and a 22 rifle or two?(22s for the 4 legged vermin)

If you don't take responsibility for your own safety who is supposed to hold your hand?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (35, Bigd7378, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,373 guests, and 834 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,254
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.