Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm negotiating a deal now. Will post picks if I get it.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
It helps if one can do their maintenance as I do. A dealer oil change and fuel injector cleaning, a bottle of chitt I buy off net, runs $450. A twenty minute job. Plugs, air and cabin filter is $1000. A two hour job... I do my own as, in most regards, is no different than doing the same on my 73 Mach 1.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ed I'm sure there are some computer hook ups in there somewhere. grin

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barkoff

How in the hell can you guys look at that and see an ugly car?

The top picture seems to be a 2016/2017 Panamera which is not the same body geometry as 2010.
LED headlights are also different.

I thought the earlier models looked good in magazines till I saw them side-view on the streets.
The region of the rear pillar & hatch geometry just looks odd in the flesh.

http://www.caricos.com/cars/p/porsche/2010_porsche_panamera/1920x1080/5.html?

http://st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2016/09/2017-Porsche-Panamera-4S-side-profile.jpg

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EdM
It helps if one can do their maintenance as I do. A dealer oil change and fuel injector cleaning, a bottle of chitt I buy off net, runs $450. A twenty minute job. Plugs, air and cabin filter is $1000. A two hour job... I do my own as, in most regards, is no different than doing the same on my 73 Mach 1.

Ed, have fun with the air filters on a Panamera then smile.

Front bumper skin has to come off to replace them.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have a junkie old jeep.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
I have a junkie old jeep.

And????????????

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by badger
Originally Posted by EdM

WOW they sure know how to complicate something don't they?

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by badger
Originally Posted by EdM

So take off the front bumpers as required or pay someone dearly to do it. The owner
must make a choice that's all. It's more working getting access to my plugs than performing the actual swap. Same for the air filter.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
A good friend has one...scary fast...he usually has about three HP rides in the stable at any given time....seldom keeps one more than a year...must like this, he's had it almost three years. That says a lot.

Mathew 22: 37-39

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
So...?

Did you buy one?!?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Waiting for them to send me the offer sheet.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Dang, they sold that car right out from underneath me last night. Not to worry, I have two more located. I will get one of them for sure.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I will make my point once more. They are great cars but be prepared to pay an azzload to maintain (routine) it unless you can do it yourself. The latter not being rocket science. YouTube is your friend. The latest Boxster S is killing me.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great cars but....

I've owned 4 and do not think I would ever own another. The overall maintenance darn near exceeded the payments. My first was the most expensive. Seemed like it costs me $500 just to write my name on the service ticket.

In the shop the car was always on a clock. Heat up and down and up again to take readings always cost a fortune because the clock determined the billing. Forget the parts.

Had both a Jag and Mercedes that never came close to Porsche maintenance costs.

While I will keep the antique Benz (560SEL) I have now I am currently in the market for both a new SUV/truck and car. I am seriously leaning back towards GM on the SUV (have one now and very trouble free) BUT very unsure on the car. I just don't know.

But for sure it will not be a Porsche. Unless, it's another '69 911S or 914 2.0. And that would only be for weekend kicks and speed. grin Or a model that the sales rep will guarantee is not as costly as older models.

Last edited by byc; 03/31/17.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
thanks ed and byc for your advice.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OO in all honestly mine were older but aside from 2 antiques always purchased new. Loved the car but again the maintenance was killer. AND they were not Panamera's. Sorry for not mentioning that.

However, like all other modern day cars that may have changed. I just don't know. If so, then I would possibly consider another because they are definitely fun to drive and engineered like none other.

Before I did buy I would hit the Porsche forums......In fact that is true for any ride.

Last edited by byc; 03/31/17.

Go Nats!!!!

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by byc
Great cars but....

I've owned 4 and do not think I would ever own another. The overall maintenance darn near exceeded the payments. My first was the most expensive. Seemed like it costs me $500 just to write my name on the service ticket.

In the shop the car was always on a clock. Heat up and down and up again to take readings always cost a fortune because the clock determined the billing. Forget the parts.

Had both a Jag and Mercedes that never came close to Porsche maintenance costs.

While I will keep the antique Benz (560SEL) I have now I am currently in the market for both a new SUV/truck and car. I am seriously leaning back towards GM on the SUV (have one now and very trouble free) BUT very unsure on the car. I just don't know.

But for sure it will not be a Porsche. Unless, it's another '69 911S or 914 2.0. And that would only be for weekend kicks and speed. grin Or a model that the sales rep will guarantee is not as costly as older models.

I'd check with badger re: killer maintenence costs, but in all the reviews I've seen, the Toureg was preferred over the Porsche Cayenne. Go figure, right?

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup! badger would know a whole lot more than me for sure......

I may have simply chosen bad models. I know for sure one was. mad

Go Nats!!!!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 50 invisible), 3,344 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,294
Posts18,467,986
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.