Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
If any FFL dealer charges over $35, they are just screwing over the customer, and their way at getting back for not being able to match a price or product found by the buyer.

The real bastards try to charge state sales tax of the value of the gun. I know a few local shops that say that. And, I guarantee they will never see my footprint on their carpet. Unless, maybe it's a day when I was out in the mud, cleaning up the winter's supply of 2 dog's droppings.

Some gun shops charge $100 for transfers, or more for pistols (even though there is no more work involved.)

$25 is far, and about maximum it should be. Shouldn't be too hard to find one for $15-$20.

Have a FFL dealer send you proof that the gun has to be shipped from another FFL. Don't wait too long at your computer for the email, you won't see it. It's usually dealers on the left coast and the east states that get stupid. If they say that, I tell the buyer it is an additional $45 out of their pocket. I can usually get the outgoing for $20 as well, but the dealer always charges extra for shipping than what a UPS account price would get.

GB1

J
Jgotro Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I'll never go back

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mart
Local shop charges $10 and feels it gets people in the door. He gets a lot of business other than transfers from me because of that.

My somewhat local does the same. He told me it's the easiest $10 he makes all day. I always make it a point to buy something else if I'm there picking up a gun, as well as buying some guns from him over the years.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Mine charges me $20 for the transfer coming in. But if I want to ship one out, he doesn't charge me to put it in the book. I can live with that. Apparently he's up the charge as I introduced him to a guy at the last gun show as the guy who receives guns for me, and he quoted that guy $25. Guess I'm getting the volume discount. smile

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jgotro
He is only shop that will accept from an individual.
Bullshit. Only shop that YOU know:

http://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/searchforffl.aspx
https://www.gunsamerica.com/FFLSearch.htm
http://fflgundealers.net/transfer/texas/

Jackie Treehorn: Treats objects like women.

Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Montana uses Ruger actions.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Went to get my transfer and price went from 25.00 to 95.00 !!!! It was from an individual, gun store claimed price was due to atf changes. Anyone else hear of this?
They're full of chit....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I'll never go back

Possibly as a community service you could post the business that helped you with this $95 transaction.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I pay around $35 now, $25 to the gun shop and $10 to the state. CO in their wisdom runs the same NICS checks the Feds do expecting a different result.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
The only changes that have been made were to the form 4473 and the way the questions were worded. That change happened a few months ago, my FFL told me. Transfer fees are not BATFE policy. I'm very fortunate in that I don't pay anything for transfers.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
J
Jgotro Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Jackie tree horn I have been to every gunshot inmy area none will accept from an individual.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jackie tree horn I have been to every gunshot inmy area none will accept from an individual.
Sure you have. Pull your head out of your ass and look at those links. There are beaucoup home-based FFL holders in your area and in everyone's areas who accept firearms from non-licensees.

Jackie Treehorn: Treats objects like women.

Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Montana uses Ruger actions.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
15.00 here

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's not uncommon for a dealer to refuse to accept shipments from individuals; just a business choice. My primary dealer requires you to fill out an online form for all transfers, then either accepts the shipper or not, due to problems he's had in the past. He's a reasonable guy and I accept his judgement and experience. He charges $25 for receiving and $35 for person to person transfers in-store.

Lately I've been using the tiny shop located in a nearby shooting range because it's very near. He charges $25 for both types of transfers. $95 is simply ridiculous, clearly just a ploy to get customers to buy from the shop.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Owl
Call his bluff... Tell him to show you the ATF changes.

Then find an honest dealer.

why bother... go else where and you can laugh when that guy goes out of business...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Seafire
...why bother... go else where and you can laugh when that guy goes out of business...

This!

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Some dealers just really dont want to do it
I gauge that by the price when the stocking dealer charges 50.00 its kind of a sign
One thing I believe you cant tell a man how to run his business
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
J
Jgotro Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Treehorn my head stays out of my ass , I've tried those links people tell me the same thing. Might want to pull your head out of your ass before making unnecessary comments. You must be kin to the asswipes that run the gunstore I'm talkin about!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,077 guests, and 1,099 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,080
Posts18,463,886
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.