Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
SKane Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Considering it for a soon-to-be-completed .270 Winchester. I've had difficulties warming up to Vortex scopes in general but I'm partial to the 1.5-8 X 32 size and could like the reticle.

Glass is equivalent to ________________???

thx.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
GB1

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I really like the G4 reticle and have been considering the 2-10 or 3-15

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great scope, better glass than VX3 in front of my eyes, killed 3 deer and 3 hogs with mine so far... slight weight penalty, but I love the ability to dial down until I can see the end of the barrel through the scope. Helps with point and shooting in thick brush in low light where reticles dissapear, just "dot the i" with the barrel for snap shooting.

Like the dot reticle too. Look for one on sale.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like the glass on my 2x10 x40 , one of my favorite scopes.

SKane Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Good feedback all, thank you.
Have any of you compared it to, say, the Swarovski Z3?

WWP53D
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by SKane
Good feedback all, thank you.
Have any of you compared it to, say, the Swarovski Z3?

In the store it looks just as good as a Z3.I have not had a Z3 Side by side outside the store. I bought that Razor last year for my 7-08 Montana and I have enjoyed it very much. Glass is better than VX3 and better than my Kahles. I had no problem loosing the reticle 30 min after sunset.

http://www.rokslide.com/gear/optics/442-review-vortex-razor-1-5-8x32-riflescope

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone know or have you tried to mount this scope on a long action? The OP was talking about mounting it on a 270, but the length is slightly shorter than the Leupy 2.5-8? Considering one of these on a Kimber 84L or Tikka Superlight with 16Bore rings.

Thanks

SKane Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Capt_Craig
Anyone know or have you tried to mount this scope on a long action?

Thanks

Excellent point - I was wondered this same thing.

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SKane

Glass is equivalent to ________________???

Looking thru the bottom of a milk glass that has yet to be washed. laugh

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Anyone know or have you tried to mount this scope on a long action? The OP was talking about mounting it on a 270, but the length is slightly shorter than the Leupy 2.5-8? Considering one of these on a Kimber 84L or Tikka Superlight with 16Bore rings.

Thanks

I mounted the 2-10x40 on my NULA model 28 I had to use a talley extended front mount to get it to work...but so far I am really liking the scope, great glass on par with vx6 great reticle and so far the dialing has been spot on!

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Thanks

When I first got mine,I mounted it on my Sako Finnlight 270 just to see if it would work. I had no issues with it and ER was fine. I've had several 3.5" ER scopes that wouldn't work for me on that rifle because I would have to crawl the stock.

The 1.5-8X32 Razor HD LH has a very good eye box. It is not critical at all about head alignment or eye relief. I would say that if it will fit within the rings then ER should be fine for you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The thing that gets me to think about the 1.5-8x32 is the FOV.

Is it really as large as Vortex claims?

I have a 1.75-5x32 Diamondback on my BLR and more expensive scopes can't touch the FOV that scope offers. In the thick brush where I use that rifle it's fantastic.

The Razor is supposed to rival the FOV of my Diamondback with much better glass.

Dan

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Dantheman

I have a 1.75-5x32 Diamondback on my BLR and more expensive scopes can't touch the FOV that scope offers. In the thick brush where I use that rifle it's fantastic.

The Razor is supposed to rival the FOV of my Diamondback with much better glass.

Dan

I haven't measured it but it's fantastic. I can see half the barrel on 1.5. The thing I like most is that the image goes right to the edge of the aluminum with zero tunnel effect. I use my Montana for a walk around thick woods rifle and the Razor is perfect in that role.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 03/30/17.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I found it to compare very favorably to my Leica. Don't own one but checked it out at Vortex and they let me do a 'walk around' in the parking lot. I'd have probably bought it that day but it was a display only at the time.

Day I checked it out was easily in the last half-hour of daylight, and overcast to boot. Still impressively crisp, great resolution.

Really liked the G4 reticle as well. I think it would make a great hunting scope.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Dan

I haven't measured it but it's fantastic. I can see half the barrel on 1.5. The thing I like most is that the image goes right to the edge of the aluminum with zero tunnel effect. I use my Montana for a walk around thick woods rifle and the Razor is perfect in that role.

The FOV sounds to be exactly like my Diamondback then. I have a custom 7x57 carbine that needs one of those Razors.

Dan

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Dan,I can't imagine why anyone needing a close range,small,light weight scope, wouldn't absolutely love the 1.5-8 Razor.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Dan

Ditto, on low power I can see the last 6" of barrel on my adirondack. Basically the barrel from the end of the stock onward is in view...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Good exchange. Thank you gentlemen. I'll check it out.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
For what is worth, I've got this scope on my 458SOCOM and it is working great. I am, naturally, partial to the reticle, but that is a personal choice.

The scope itself is likely my favourite tweener on the market right now.

As soon as I get my hands on the Leica ER5 1.5-8x32, I will do another tweener scope article most likely.

In the meantime, I am enjoying the HD LH quite a bit. It is very good optically. I doubt you will do better for the money. Critically, it has an excellent eyepiece design, so acquiring the target is very fast.

ILya

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by koshkin
For what is worth, I've got this scope on my 458SOCOM and it is working great. I am, naturally, partial to the reticle, but that is a personal choice.

The scope itself is likely my favourite tweener on the market right now.

As soon as I get my hands on the Leica ER5 1.5-8x32, I will do another tweener scope article most likely.

In the meantime, I am enjoying the HD LH quite a bit. It is very good optically. I doubt you will do better for the money. Critically, it has an excellent eyepiece design, so acquiring the target is very fast.

ILya

I look forward to the comparison to the Leica. I am a big fan of Tweener scopes and I like the Razor a bit better than my previous favorite,the Kahles CL 2-7X36.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,569 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,314
Posts18,468,326
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.