Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You know, with good luck like that, you should pay something forward. Like sending a really cool dude in Michigan some old gun parts or something. LOL.

Really, good for you. That is a gift for sure. Now stack up with 22 WMR ammo.

Side note: If you ever sell that, send me a PM. And no, I don't expect to pay what you paid for it.

Good times...

RAS

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
always figured you'd walk the other side of the line one of these days from the stories Bob/isaac has related about you.

Public enemy # 7364

robbin the pawn shops blind

nice score Pat, enjoy!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Guys that run my local pawns know their guns/scopes. Jerks! smile

But they have a flat policy never to pay more than $100 for a gun. Don't know about scopes, but I recon they'd thry to get the scope- any scope- included.

Only one I know of that broke their rule was a pre '64 70 ultralight - cherry almost- that Norm bought for $200 for himself....

I flat out bought a Python for $175 one time. Still have it.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Browning BSS in a local shop today for $699.00 and I walked out. What is wrong with me?

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know where there is a Marlin 39D for $200.

Needs new wood and reblued, but I may take it home with me.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wow.. Screaming deal. Got some great deals from pawnshops off of gunbroker, but have never found a great deal in person. Feel bad about what the pawn shops paid the seller for the guns I got off gunbroker.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Dayom. I bought one like new 30 yrs ago for about $225. Its had a lot of use including turkey and coyote. Have a 4x leupold on it.

I just checked and saw what they are now going for. Never would have guessed it.
Heck of a deal.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RAS
You know, with good luck like that, you should pay something forward. Like sending a really cool dude in Michigan some old gun parts or something. LOL.

Really, good for you. That is a gift for sure. Now stack up with 22 WMR ammo.

Side note: If you ever sell that, send me a PM. And no, I don't expect to pay what you paid for it.

Good times...

RAS

Lol. What are you now...like 45? I know...dog years right? I completely understand.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Hey...that looks like a Win 9422 with that $450 tag. Good shape...9422M. What's the best you can do? That's it. I'll take it...didn't even look at the scope.
Leupold 2.5x8 Vari-X III...

smile smile smile

The sad part is the guy that sold it to them only got half that.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
...or at least I felt like it. I frequent a couple of local shops for fishing tackle. A $350 rod and reel normal sells in these shops for $50-$70, so it would be silly for me not to. I don't buy a lot of guns anymore, but you still gotta glance at the rack. Hey...that looks like a Win 9422 with that $450 tag. Good shape...9422M. What's the best you can do? That's it. I'll take it...didn't even look at the scope.

smile smile smile

Well, at least they probably have you on video.

Great buy!

Retired cat herder.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Most excellent snag, my friend.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Funny isn't it? When the store buys something for less than its value, they get called thieves and robbers. When somebody buys that very same thing at a bargain from the store, he's a lucky guy.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Funny isn't it? When the store buys something for less than its value, they get called thieves and robbers. When somebody buys that very same thing at a bargain from the store, he's a lucky guy.

Try to stick with the narrative please... laugh grin

LOL
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Sometimes they have good deals. Bought a Kleinguenther 300 Weatherby last year out of a pawn shop for 800.00.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
...or at least I felt like it. I frequent a couple of local shops for fishing tackle. A $350 rod and reel normal sells in these shops for $50-$70, so it would be silly for me not to. I don't buy a lot of guns anymore, but you still gotta glance at the rack. Hey...that looks like a Win 9422 with that $450 tag. Good shape...9422M. What's the best you can do? That's it. I'll take it...didn't even look at the scope.

smile smile smile

You should atone for your sins by offering the stolen item (Winchester 9422M) to those on the fire. smile

Last edited by OSU_Sig; 03/29/17.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hear ya, Fireball.

I used to work in a pawn shop, and the spectrum of what people want for items was astounding. On the one hand, lots of folks wanted to sell or pawn used (sometimes well used) items for full retail - or even full MSRP value.

But then there were people who brought in very nice things and only wanted a small amount. Sometimes to make it easier to redeem the item if pawning it, and sometimes quite possibly out of ignorance.

I distinctly recall one man who wanted to sell three guns for $200. In his words, "Two nice ones and one old one." The two nice ones were a Mossberg pump shotgun and a Marlin 60 .22 rifle. The old one turned out to be a Winchester 94, octagon barrel rifle (not carbine) in .32-40. With a serial number from the first MONTH of M94 production.

The boss nodded and handed him the $200.

Did we steal that rifle? Nope. That was the price the man asked for it. If he had asked what it was worth first, he'd have gotten several thousand dollars. But he didn't.

(The rifle went into the Boss's Winchester collection. It'll never be sold.)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm glad I didn't ever work in a pawn shop. I don't think I could look at myself in a mirror again after a screwing like that guy got.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't feel too bad, the pawn shop doubled their money also.........

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by hanco
Sometimes they have good deals. Bought a Kleinguenther 300 Weatherby last year out of a pawn shop for 800.00.

Ya my steel was a 3006 Weatherby Souryeropa (or how ever you spell it) action. The stock had a 14K gold inlay with the original owners initials engraved in it with a detachable Supra scope that was going for $1000 on the net at the time and an extra Lasermark stock with the rifle and a Weatherby case all for $1000

It was listed in an online used gun listing from my favorite gun store Corporation and I had it shipped to my favorite store.

When the manager opened the case he [bleep] a brick and told me if I did not want it he would take it. All the other salesman jumped in and I almost started an argument in the shop when I told them write it up it's mine. You guy's need to check your own listings from other stores some times.

So I purchased a scope and got the rifle and extra stock for free.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I nailed a bargain yesterday at a local pawn shop also.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11936902/Yet_Another_%22it_followed_#Post11936902

Sam......

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (44automag, 338reddog, 4xbear, 673, 444Matt, 257robertsimp, 16 invisible), 1,680 guests, and 964 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,187
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.