Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Way too much in special effects and a mere mortal could not have endured those beatings. Entertaining, but not a monumental endeavor.

1Minute
BP-B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
I damn near died of exposure watching it.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Delfarve: SO... "The Revenant" which is a multiple Oscar winning movie (plus dozens of other Golden Globe and etc type awards!) and made OVER $400,000,000.00 (four hundred MILLION dollars) in PROFIT for the producers "sucks"?
You wish you could suck $400,000,000.00 (four hundred MILLION dollars!) in PROFIT!
Sheesh!
I am not talking GROSSING $400,000,000.00 (four hundred MILLION dollars!) that is how much PROFIT that movie (that you think "sucks"!) has made, SO FAR!
Sheesh!
In my large circle of friends, relatives and acquaintances I have yet to find one person who saw the movie and was not greatly entertained by it.
I know lots of people in fact who have watched the movie several times - including myself.
No the movie is NOT perfect in its depictions and factuality but it stands on its own merits, entertainment value and successes quite easily!
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Kanye West makes a lot of money too.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Yes it did. I have no idea why people fell over themselves for that movie

Agreed. I never could figure out what was so great about this make believe story. There was so much wrong with the film that it was hard for me to even suspend disbelief in order to be entertained.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Pretty good movie. Lots of six shooters will shoot ten times, but I've never seen one in person.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by deflave
That movie sucked.

Dave

It didn't suck.

"A person that carries a cat home by the tail will receive information that will always be useful to him." Mark Twain
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Strictly for entertainment nothing historical at all !!!!!!!!!!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I find it hard to be entertained by a movie that has as much wrong with it as that one.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yeah for sure, entertaining for maybe 30 seconds, then realized W T F??

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I watched this movie but could not sit through it all. Different strokes I guess, I just did not get the hype with this movie. A great movie it was not!

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Guys shot with arrows sure died quick.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Now if someone would only make a historical movie on Canada's past, ......maybe Sir John Franklin's cross country expeditions in the North? Murder, cannabillism?

A stranger is a friend we haven't met.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
BBC or someone would have to make it,to be good and accurate , if hollyweird did it , it would be $hit as always!!!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Barryt
Now if someone would only make a historical movie on Canada's past, ......maybe Sir John Franklin's cross country expeditions in the North? Murder, cannabillism?

Who would GAF about Canaduh?

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Early scene, glass and his son shoot a moose in hostile Indian country. They are in the process of dressing it out when the shooting starts, yet Glass had not reloaded his rifle, dressing the moose leaving his gun empty. As he runs towards the action Glass dumps loose powder and spits a ball down the barrel, a mode of loading guaranteed to give atrocious accuracy and used only at point blank range and in the direst emergenc.

Early scene; Glass is sitting down and cleaning his gun when he turns to talk to his son about how folks wont like him because he's an Indian. In that shot you can clearly see Glass's pan brush hanging from the strap of his shooting bag - it is brand-spanking-out-the-wrapper new, never been used.

Then there's their choice of trade guns, Pedersoli makes a fine trade gun replica correct for the period....

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=2022&osCsid=14pltgvqi7g3kkrl03t01cnhu0

Instead they gave 'em all "Brown Bess Indian trade guns", a bogus reenactorism that isn't found, Pedersoli merely blued their Pattern 1793 Brown Bess Cavalry Carbines and hung a trade gun-style sideplate on 'em.

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=3474

I've only been able to watch the movie once, avoided it since. While we all know the "burn your open throat wound closed with gunpowder" stunt was totally bogus, I'm trying to recall if DeCaprio actually sprinkled powder from his horn onto an open flame in that same scene eek

and finally, someone explained to me why DeCaprio never gets hypothermia in that movie....

...because he became immune filming Titanic grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by hanco
Pretty good movie. Lots of six shooters will shoot ten times, but I've never seen one in person.

You gotta be $hittin'... do you have a rat running across your keyboard or are you that anxious to get into the high post count? You need to read before you post 40+ times/day.

You obviously want to post more than pay attention to what is going on. It is a $hitty movie and there were no revolvers.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Saw about 45 minutes of it on a flight to Montana last summer. Turned it off and was glad i did not pay to see it.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yep sure would have never spent money to see it!! would have been a waste

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Early scene, glass and his son shoot a moose in hostile Indian country. They are in the process of dressing it out when the shooting starts, yet Glass had not reloaded his rifle, dressing the moose leaving his gun empty. As he runs towards the action Glass dumps loose powder and spits a ball down the barrel, a mode of loading guaranteed to give atrocious accuracy and used only at point blank range and in the direst emergenc.

Early scene; Glass is sitting down and cleaning his gun when he turns to talk to his son about how folks wont like him because he's an Indian. In that shot you can clearly see Glass's pan brush hanging from the strap of his shooting bag - it is brand-spanking-out-the-wrapper new, never been used.

Then there's their choice of trade guns, Pedersoli makes a fine trade gun replica correct for the period....

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=2022&osCsid=14pltgvqi7g3kkrl03t01cnhu0

Instead they gave 'em all "Brown Bess Indian trade guns", a bogus reenactorism that isn't found, Pedersoli merely blued their Pattern 1793 Brown Bess Cavalry Carbines and hung a trade gun-style sideplate on 'em.

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=3474

I've only been able to watch the movie once, avoided it since. While we all know the "burn your open throat wound closed with gunpowder" stunt was totally bogus, I'm trying to recall if DeCaprio actually sprinkled powder from his horn onto an open flame in that same scene eek

and finally, someone explained to me why DeCaprio never gets hypothermia in that movie....

...because he became immune filming Titanic grin

It was an ELK.

Sweet Jesus, if you're gonna try to display your assume smarts, get your facts straight.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The not reloading after shooting the elk was almost as bad as Tom Hardy's character thumbing his nose at the Captain whenever he felt like it.

I think discipline was a bit tighter than that...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
277 members (1minute, 204guy, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 29aholic, 39 invisible), 2,165 guests, and 982 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,633
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.