Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
Is it just me? Or, is anyone else feeling "tempted" by all of the bargains floating around? Given how the rifle market has softened since Mr. Trump was elected, there "seem to be" LH and RH bargains all over the place these days. Several here on the 'Fire that I would normally jump on. However, all tapped out on play money due to other "bargains" that I've already picked up.

Had been trying to thin the herd. But having a hard time given all of the low prices. Have to keep reminding myself that I "can't buy 'em all..."

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's definitely not just you.

In the past several weeks I've seen three or four great bargains on left hand or "left hand friendly" rifles in the classifieds but like you, I just can't justify them. At least not all of them... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What we call "bargains" today....are really just over inflated markets exhaling.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Same here but I have to ask myself do I really need that 3rd 7mm RM?

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
That Tikka .243 had me close to hitting the "Buy It Now" button...........Don't need two .243's though.

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Havent looked much since the Whittakers Tikka blowout. Great deal, but then I just had to get all the aftermarket stuff my other two have. Lol.

Actually, just picked up a Henry mini for the kids to use as their first gun. At least that one can sit in the safe as is, and hope 22 ammo comes down in price.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've been temped several times. Here and even on GB a couple times. I just keep telling myself I have 3 project rifles to get completed before I buy another.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been tempted a few times.
That nice LH synthetic stock that sold in the classifieds for $125 was in my cart with an "I'll take it" ready to post but I reassessed and realized that hell, I just don't need it.

I'm done buying, nice to be satisfied.
The resale market seems terrible, I'll likely be hanging on to some of my extra LH rifles; I'm not giving them away on GB or anywhere else.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
That Tikka .243 had me close to hitting the "Buy It Now" button...........Don't need two .243's though.

A almost new in box Tikka T-3 .243 sold on Gunbroker a few weeks ago for $430.00. That was a bargain.

Doc

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Most of us are getting up in age and:

Don't need or want the redundancy of similar calibers or multiple rifles in the same calibers. Getting tired of reloading for all the different rifles.

Have several gun safes already stuffed to the gills and do not want to buy another.

I could go on and on but most of you get what I am saying.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Simple answer, "Yes".

I rationalize it by saying that I don't smoke, drink, gamble, chase women or vote Democrat.

Not sure any of this is relevant, but it makes me feel better when I buy another LH gun that I don't need.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by camdog
Simple answer, "Yes".

I rationalize it by saying that I don't smoke, drink, gamble, chase women or vote Democrat.

Not sure any of this is relevant, but it makes me feel better when I buy another LH gun that I don't need.

That's funny, I've said the same thing over the years and have thrown 'optics' into the equation as well....

O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
I am reminded of Warren Buffet's investing advice: "The best time to buy is when everyone else is selling." Now would indeed be a good time to buy LH rifles at "un-inflated" prices. Unfortunately, the only thing I have in common with Warren Buffet is a first name... cry

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Buying guns has nothing to do with need! It only concerns what do I want!😳😙

Molon Labe
Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Buying guns has nothing to do with need! It only concerns what do I want!😳😙

Sometimes you do need another gun. A 38 Special for a wife's purse. A 375 or bigger for your 1st dangerous game hunt. Etc... But I do agree with you. A lot of folks can't tell the difference between want and need. I am a wanter at the present time, not a needer. Every application that any kind of firearm would be used, I got covered. But wanting and getting makes me feel better. I want a Mauser 98 in 7x57. Always have since reading Bell. I will never have a Rigby in a 275 Rigby but a 98 is possible. Oh well. I will just want away 'til I find one.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I always wind up sending to a new home when another comes home.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

451 members (1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 160user, 22kHornet, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 1,809 guests, and 997 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,179
Posts18,465,604
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.