Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
I have a great book I'd like to pass on, not sell. It's "Turkey Hunter's Digest" by Dwain Bland. I got this book in the early 80's when I really started hunting turkeys. I've read it multiple times and the pages have turned yellow, still a great book full of tactics and information. I hunted turkeys in the 70's, but nothing like the early 80's. Back then, 5 states, all Eastern's. For a while, only used a muzzleloading 10ga. and even had some articles published in the now defunct "Blackpowder Hunting" magazine. I do get a laugh at all the new camo, I still use camo from the 80's and sometimes don't use any camo just to prove a point. Killed plenty of birds in bluejeans and a green sweatshirt. Anyway, starting to ramble, it's an age thing! If you'd like the book let me know and I'll send it to you. Would prefer a newer turkey hunter, but any turkey hunter is fine with me. I drew a mid-May tag this year and still chomp at the bit to get out there. Turkey hunting is probably my favorite hunting. Take care, Dean.

[Linked Image]

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a copy, one of a couple dozen (or more) turkey hunting books I have. It's a good one, especially for it's time. Some hunter is going to get lucky thanks to DeanAnderson's generosity.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Very Generous gesture. Hope a young man/girl can have this to help them get on the path to the most fun you can have in the springtime woods.

NB

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did you find a taker?

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
No, not yet.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought that book many years ago. Good reading.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Would love this for the boys ,if it's not spoken for.
And when they're done will pay it forward.
Will send some coin to help with shipping as well.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
No, it's your boys, my pleasure. Please pm me your mailing address. Dean

NRA life member

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
rong, are you still interested?

NRA life member

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
If rong doesn't want it, I would love to have it. I've got two boys, 5 and 7, that I'm hoping to get involved. Not to mention I could certainly use some help😉

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Hello herschel34, I haven't heard from rong since their original post and no reply to PM's either. So, if you'd like it, please PM me your mailing address and I'll get it out to you. Dean

NRA life member

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Going to rong, only one that got back to me. Enjoy!

NRA life member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
113 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 300_savage, 17 invisible), 1,373 guests, and 685 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,856
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.