Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

As long as the below person is allowed to berate and slime innocent posters we will continue to lose an incredible source of firearm's knowledge in former poster such as Shrapnel and Dober.

Meet the foe...I have him on ignore.

Larry G Mikulecky

Who is that? My first "educated guess" based on the first name would be the homunculus from Alaska. However, your description of him fits two guys from S.E. US and a couple of others of whom I can think.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
homunculus????

Great word!! grin ( had to look it up!).

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
It probably doesn't hurt to remind ourselves occasionally that we're all in this together. smile

Yep, spot on. And at the end of the race, we all end up dead-even.

It's a shame more don't get that Steve.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

As long as the below person is allowed to berate and slime innocent posters we will continue to lose an incredible source of firearm's knowledge in former poster such as Shrapnel and Dober.

Meet the foe...I have him on ignore.

Larry G

Who is that? My first "educated guess" based on the first name would be the homunculus from Alaska. However, your description of him fits two guys from S.E. US and a couple of others of whom I can think.

Yes, it is Big Dousch.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

Larry G

No one even comes close in their efforts to insult people when compared to Big Dousch.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Posting someone's name online like that probably isn't judicious.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Probably not.

However, if you asked him, first he would spend a paragraph or two maligning me with his special short-bus window-licker spelling and grammar, then tell you he didn't give a fµck in several different profane ways.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah he's a thick skinned son of a gun.

I suspect there's nothing anyone could write that would get under his skin.

Each to their own.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by bobnob17
Yeah he's a thick skinned son of a gun.

I suspect there's nothing anyone could write that would get under his skin.

Each to their own.

The only thing anyone could write that would bother him in the least is a judge writing out his punishment and the length of time he'd have to stay in prison. So, since I think he's smarter than that, I don't believe anyone could really bother him no matter what they wrote - unless it caused others to begin to dislike him or falsely accuse him of something that could cause him real harm.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
He's not posting on this thread, yet you've succeeded in featuring him prominently in it. In big red letters no less.

Congratulations?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It probably doesn't hurt to remind ourselves occasionally that we're all in this together. smile

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Be nice.....don't preach!....Read more. Speak less.......Think before you respond...Some of you would do well to remember that.

Yes Daddy. whistle

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by shootinurse

Truer words were never spoken. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
What a great show that was! "quando omni flunkus moritati"

I wish it was still on. Not much you can't do with a roll of duct tape.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by smokepole
He's not posting on this thread, yet you've succeeded in featuring him prominently in it. In big red letters no less.

Congratulations?

Yeah! Thanks!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And don't preach!
....... Some of you would do well to remember that.

LMAO! Hahahahah! laugh

This has to rate with the best of the posts here, perhaps because it applies so well and quite broadly. smile

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Hi_Vel
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Could you prevail upon Shrap and Dober to grace us with their presence, again?
I miss their common sense, and experiences.

The answer John gave you is spot on, as Kirk and I have discussed this numerous times.

I might also mention another factor--"the game of life."

My old friend Bob S., a hunter and trapper of the highest caliber, comes by about twice a week to visit while we swig down a can of root beer. He said to me one day, "it seems all i'm doing anymore is going to funerals".

This past November, one of my early mentors--Bill B., passed on. He was also a mentor for Pat (scenarshooter). As Pat said to me recently in about these words, "I've never seen anyone--whether in the field or on the range--who could handle a firearm like Bill. He was in a class all alone".

The following month, Lee B., retired orthopedic surgeon and extraordinary handgunner, also passed on. He was one of Kirk's best friends, and it was a devastating loss to him.

I visit with Kirk and Pat on a regular basis. (I don't really know Dober, even though we live in the same town, so can't comment specifically in that regard). Kirk called me on Thursday, and came by on Good Friday to visit. He had his 3 year old grandson along. He was as happy as a man can be.

When guys with skills and experience like shrapnel and scenarshooter, (and numerous unnamed others too), place a post here--a post which can call for a significant amount of time away from family and friends--their intent is to share with others, and to guide others in their journey. Yet at times and in some instances "tin horn amateurs" try to take issue with some of the valuable info they post. As folks begin to see that the sand is quickly slipping through the hourglass, one realizes that life is too short for that, so why bother.

Subsequently, Kirk is busy hunting with his kids and friends, and also busy mentoring those friends and his grandson, while Pat is busy hunting with family and friends, and mentoring his son's--and any others who have occasion to want to learn.

Just my observation based upon knowing these guys for decades...

Yep, great post Hi Vel, and one of the reason one of my favorites moved on. Keith EH76, two long range Booner goats under his belt and suckers telling him he didnt know chitt about long range shooting.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Probably not.

However, if you asked him, first he would spend a paragraph or two maligning me with his special short-bus window-licker spelling and grammar, then tell you he didn't give a fµck in several different profane ways.

And you know it is not cool to post someone's information and want to continue a very juvenile fight you ALWAYS lose...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Many, many years ago I decided that words on my computer screen can't hurt me... I've been much happier since then...

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw

Many who have freedom have no idea where they got it....
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
643 members (257_X_50, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,942 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,661
Posts18,399,311
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.