Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 37 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 36 37
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC

If one were to assume that you are correct in making that statement, it would be correct to note that you are not there citing any
statement of "superiority" - none at all. If a person explains a belief and advises you regarding consequences based on that belief,
you are being informed.

When a christian tells another their life is not complete without the belief they have in God (and a burning in hell consequence for not having the same beliefs )
they are implying their choice of belief is the better one, but you can pretend otherwise If you wish.

Christians pissing in peoples pockets and then telling them its raining is nothing new.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[/quote]
Originally Posted by jaguartx
They think you show superiority just because you post or quotd scripture. It makes them feel inferior and they perceive truth as being superior to lies.

The amount of claimed to be christians that don't know their own scripture is astounding.
more specifically, the stuff they are completely oblivious about concerning Jesus directly.
Ive had Christians tell me their Bible is the real one and mine fake.... now thats wacko!

Originally Posted by curdog4570

There exists a form of Spiritual Contact which is more certain ,and thus superior to, any contact made thru our five senses.

Yet Jesus found it necessary to appear visually to Mary and to the disciples numerous times.
but you think your invisible contact with Jesus is superior to theirs...why would you think that?

To me it sounds like they received & experienced something extra special.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by TF49
You missed the point. Could it be that AS posts on Christian threads for a reason? Did he ever say why?

All so typical of pompous attitide christians who carry the delusion that others are somehow required to justify their actions to them.

Opening post of this thread:

But.......if Miles is settin' in a chair next to me, I can guarantee you he is alive today, and that's what's important to me.

You can actually see Jesus next to you?..can you describe him?

There exists a form of Spiritual Contact which is more certain ,and thus superior to, any contact made thru our five senses.

God becomes The Great Reality and The Great Fact in our lives. All else pales in comparison.

But.....it must be experienced, not explained.

St. Peter claimed it is more certain than "the word of the prophets" or even eyewitnessing Christ's Transfiguration.He likened it to a light shining in a dark place.

It is an experience available to all.

Well said.

That's the "proof" that Christians have. God provides proof of Himself to us.

Folks seem to be looking for their definition of proof in the physical world while the proof is there waiting for them in the spiritual world.

Last edited by TF49; 04/25/17.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If one were to assume that you are correct in making that statement, it would be correct to note that you are not there citing any
statement of "superiority" - none at all. If a person explains a belief and advises you regarding consequences based on that belief,you are being informed.

When a christian tells another their life is not complete without the belief they have in God (and a burning in hell consequence for not having the same beliefs )
they are implying their choice of belief is the better one, - -

WEAK ! Now you are down to describing what a person is "implying" - pretending that you have the power to read their mind and announce their intent. What YOU feel and what YOU take upon being so informed is YOUR action, not something done by the purveyor. Why not take responsibility for your own digestion, interpretations and feelings rather than trying to lay false guilt on those who explain their own beliefs?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Take it up with Peter. The Vatican has his addresss.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

WEAK ! Now you are down to describing what a person is "implying" - pretending that you have the power to read their mind and announce their intent.

WTF?....me noting peoples written or spoken words is not mind reading!
how do you come to such an absurd batcrazy conclusion?...your desperation is showing.

Why not take responsibility for your own digestion, interpretations and feelings rather than trying to lay false
guilt on those who explain their own beliefs?

repeat for dummies-
When someone tells another they will burn in hell for not following anothers beliefs and that anothers
beliefs are insufficient , they ARE claiming superiority....plain and simple.

Why not take responsibility...

how about christians keep their peabrain mythology to themselves?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Take it up with Peter. The Vatican has his addresss.

You made the statement not Peter
the Q still stands ....

Jesus found it necessary to appear visually to Mary and to the disciples numerous times.
yet you think your invisible contact with Jesus is superior to theirs...why would you think that?

what is so superior about yours vs theirs?

Christians are no strangers to making frivilous claims,
self delusion is a convenient and popular comfort zone.

He doesn't ask permission......He asks for an invitation.

Read you scripture man , Jesus doesn't require any such invitation.

He appeared several times out of the blue to surprise Mary and the disciples and others.
but better you let Jesus know he now needs an invitation... wink

Some christians are scripture literate and actually worth listening to,
but you are a cringeworthy christian.

BUT by far the most scripture ignorant thing Ive ever heard from a christian is from TF49. for a christian not
to know Jesus Christ will be the one to Judge come Judgement, and to then to actually think they can escape
the judgement process put in place by God just by sucking up to Jesus.

How can anyone claiming to be devoted to God think thy can escape what God already has in store for them?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Starman,

Ok, let’s see if we can go over a few things. I will share thoughts on “judgment” with you.

First, it seems that you are not a born again believer. If I am wrong on this, pls correct me. It is important as the comprehension of scripture is made much easier if the Spirit is within you. Still, it is good for all of us to ask the Lord for insight and understanding when we are wrestling with an issue. So, my suggestion is that you ask for understanding when contemplating the issue of judgment. Also be aware that God can chose to act as He sees fit. We do not all have the same story and we do not all have complete understanding.

Second, here are some verses that relate to all of us:

Isaiah 55:9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

There is much that is beyond our understanding. As it should and must be.

Proverbs 25:2 “It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings.”

This simply means that not all is easily understood and work and search is sometimes required to understand.

Acts 17:27 “ ... that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;”

"Groping" is very interesting. Seems very apt. Anyway, search and you will find. If you just want to argue, vent and express frustration, you shouldn’t expect much.

So, to get started: AS posted that there a number of “Mary’s” in the bible. Quite true. In much the same way, there are a number of “judgments” in the bible. Not all are the same. So, if one just does a bible search for “judgment” there will be dozens and dozens of references found. The key to nderstanding here is to ascertain who is be judged and why.

For example, there is a judgment against Satan and the fallen angels. We, humans, are not part of that judgment. There are judgments against Israel. The Great White Throne judgment is of course the one we all hear about. The key to understanding this is to know “who” will be judged here. Also important is what the “judgees” are being judged for. This is not so easy and takes time and study to understand.

So, if you are concerned and want to understand, you will have to get started.

Last edited by TF49; 04/26/17.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The events you describe took place BEFORE Jesus ascended.

Peter's comment came After the Ascension, as does mine.

The Bible, taken as literature, describes how God's means of communicating with His creatures changed over time.

Jesus pronounced the final method of communication would be thru the Holy Spirit, but only AFTER He ascended.

It ain't rocket science, Neighbor, just Spiritual Truth.

And......you don't even have to read the Bible to receive it.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think that religion is a very personal thing.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I agree in toto - a very direct and personal relationship. What other Christians say and do may be interesting, supportive and even inspiring, but nothing they say or do involves my relationship.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I agree in toto - a very direct and personal relationship. What other Christians say and do may be interesting, supportive and even inspiring, but nothing they say or do involves my relationship.
Well said.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

WEAK ! Now you are down to describing what a person is "implying" - pretending that you have the power to read their mind and announce their intent.
how do you come to such an absurd batcrazy conclusion?...your desperation is showing.

Why not take responsibility for your own digestion, interpretations and feelings rather than trying to lay false
guilt on those who explain their own beliefs?

repeat for dummies- When someone tells another they will burn in hell for not following anothers beliefs and that anothers
beliefs are insufficient , they ARE claiming superiority....plain and simple.
Why not take responsibility...
how about christians keep their peabrain mythology to themselves?

Some folks do keep their beliefs and convictions to themselves, rather unlike the guys who post here to attack Christians.

Others state their beliefs and convictions freely. Some folks seem unable to resist the act of internalizing those statements - sometimes taking offense, umbrage, or ?? This latter behavior is an act taken solely by the receiver. Some folks are able to take responsibility for such personal actions - others, not very good at taking responsibility.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger

Best post on this thread.

Sadly, it won't stop folks from attacking others beliefs...or lack there of.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

how do you come to such an absurd batcrazy conclusion?...

Often.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus
gosh guys. we can have two conditions with our binary wired brain can't we?

knowing and not knowing.

and if not knowing, we can work to fill the gap w/faith can't we. that'd be helpful in and of itself, but not exacting at all.

once someone makes the leap to equate faith & knowing as one, then that's a risky undertaking under current conditions.

Gus,

Faith, or pretending, is not a substitute for not knowing.

Wouldn't be be more honest to say "I don't know", instead of making up a story and calling it "faith"?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
You claim there is a difference between " can never be known" and "unsettled"? If so, then use Huxley's words and it doesn't change the definitions I gave.

And my definitions have the advantage of being in common usage.

But......you proved my point. Science didn't drive you to Atheism, you chose it.

Makes you feel "Special", doesn't it.

No,

It's your make believe friend that makes you feel "special". I'm very aware that I'm just an unremarkable biological organize in an immense Universe that can kill us all in a blink of the eye.

As for my rejection of theistic claims, that's rooted in skepticism, logic, and reason.

And yes, "unsettled" just means not known at this time. That is not the same as "can never be known". But then again, subtle differences were never your forte.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
You missed the point. Could it be that AS posts on Christian threads for a reason? Did he ever say why?

I've said numerous times.

I guess you weren't paying attention.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

All so typical of pompous attitide christians who carry the delusion that others are somehow required to justify their actions to them.

Opening post of this thread:

But.......if Miles is settin' in a chair next to me, I can guarantee you he is alive today, and that's what's important to me.

You can actually see Jesus next to you?..can you describe him?

God becomes The Great Reality and The Great Fact in our lives. All else pales in comparison.

But.....it must be experienced, not explained.

St. Peter claimed it is more certain than "the word of the prophets" or even eyewitnessing Christ's Transfiguration.He likened it to a light shining in a dark place.

It is an experience available to all.

Well said.

That's the "proof" that Christians have. God provides proof of Himself to us.

Folks seem to be looking for their definition of proof in the physical world while the proof is there waiting for them in the spiritual world.

It appears to me that some have lost their spirit before their life on earth is over. They cling to their life on earth as you would expect of the walking dead.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
You are still avoiding the question of why you chose to be an Atheist.

Your claim of "no evidence to support it" is B.S.

The default position regarding God is Agnosticism, not Atheism.

Why did you choose Atheism, not Agnosticism?

Gene,

The modern use of Agnostic and Atheist have evolve since the term agnostic was coined by Thomas Huxley in 1869.

Today it's common to separate the two categories to belief and knowledge to better explain a persons position.

When doing so,

atheist/theist deals with believe,
agnostic/ gnostic deals with knowledge.

So as an example, a gnostic atheist is someone who knows there is no god, where an agnostic theist is someone who has a belief in theistic claims, but does not claim knowledge. In other words, this is the state of a good many Christians in this country who believe in God, but cannot tell you why, and probably haven't even read their Bible. This is probably the actual default position for most Americans. We live in a Christian dominated society where "everyone knows there is a God", so most grow up believing before they've every really studied or examined the issue. Some begin as an agnostic who does not automatically accept the theistic influences around them. Since they have not accepted the theistic claims, they begin as agnostic atheist. In other words, the true default position is one of atheism, not theism.

So when I say I'm an atheist, all that means is I reject theist claims. Since it is the Theist making the positive claims, it is they who have the burden of proof, and and this point, to me, all theist claims, Christian or other wise have failed to meet this burden of proof.

I can't say I'm Agnostic, because I'm very knowledgeable on the subject, so you could classify me as a gnostic atheist. One with knowledge who does not accept any theistic claims.

For me, the question is all about reason and evidence, an to date, you have presented no independently verifiable evidence to support your theistic claims, let alone any extraordinary evidence to match your extraordinary claims.
Thinking themselves wise, they became as fools.

Whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Matthew 5:22

Page 27 of 37 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
752 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 77 invisible), 2,953 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,716
Posts18,400,413
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.