Hop To
Page 28 of 37 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 36 37
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by CCCC

WEAK ! Now you are down to describing what a person is "implying" - pretending that you have the power to read their mind and announce their intent.

WTF?....me noting peoples written or spoken words is not mind reading!
how do you come to such an absurd batcrazy conclusion?...your desperation is showing.

Why not take responsibility for your own digestion, interpretations and feelings rather than trying to lay false
guilt on those who explain their own beliefs?

repeat for dummies-
When someone tells another they will burn in hell for not following anothers beliefs and that anothers
beliefs are insufficient , they ARE claiming superiority....plain and simple.

Why not take responsibility...

how about christians keep their peabrain mythology to themselves?

Disgusting. When people quote the words of condemnation written in scripture, you blame them rather than Him.

Hitch yer britches and curse Him. I double dog dare ya.

You too will bow your head and bend your knee. Now curse me when its His words you read.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/26/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Some folks do keep their beliefs and convictions to themselves, rather unlike the guys who post here to attack Christians.

Ive heard lame ass christians claim victim status so many times its pathetic, they will gladly go sprouting their mythology
but then also think they should immune from any rational scrutiny. just like you they love using the self pity 'attack' word.

you remind me of the snowflake jews, that use the word antisemite whenever something doesn't suit them.
always playing the pathetic cry wolf victim card.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Among the many Christians I know, never have I seen one profess that his/her belief is superior to that of another person. The declaration of "myth" can be a tool for use in pointless argument. The experience of a conviction is something entirely different, and profound.

Than you don't know very many Christians.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Among the many Christians I know, never have I seen one profess that his/her belief is superior to that of another person. .
Over the yrs there has been a fair share on various gun forums telling how non-believers will burn in hell for eternity. and that to avoid such you must believe what they believe

If one were to assume that you are correct in making that statement, it would be correct to note that you are not there citing any statement of "superiority" - none at all. If a person explains a belief and advises you regarding consequences based on that belief, you are being informed.

Such consequence need be of no importance to you if your beliefs differ, and no superiority is involved. If the noted consequence is a bother to you, you may be tempted to accept the expressed belief or, at least, look into its credence.

With regard to spirituality, no human Christian has any authority over you or your consequences, and no person is superior by virtue of a belief.

There are many Christians in government, and other positions of authority who attempt to legislate their beliefs onto others.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570
The events you describe took place BEFORE Jesus ascended.

LOL..so what!...Jesus was already in spirit form upon resurrecting and leaving the Tomb.
and was then around on earth for 40 day period appearing to people before ascending.

so again, Why do you consider your invisible Jesus experiences superior to those visual and aural ones
of Mary and the Disciples when spirit risen Jesus appeared and spoke to them?

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Strange to see those who profess to be unbelievers become active characters in the prophecy of the Bible by taking up the cross of Satan by becoming active participants as his henchmen, trying to tempt us believers from the Truth just as Satan tempted Jesus.

There you go CCCC.

One of your believers equating non-believers with Satan.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by TF49
You missed the point. Could it be that AS posts on Christian threads for a reason? Did he ever say why?

All so typical of pompous attitide christians who carry the delusion that others are somehow required to justify their actions to them.

Opening post of this thread:

But.......if Miles is settin' in a chair next to me, I can guarantee you he is alive today, and that's what's important to me.

You can actually see Jesus next to you?..can you describe him?

There exists a form of Spiritual Contact which is more certain ,and thus superior to, any contact made thru our five senses.

God becomes The Great Reality and The Great Fact in our lives. All else pales in comparison.

But.....it must be experienced, not explained.

St. Peter claimed it is more certain than "the word of the prophets" or even eyewitnessing Christ's Transfiguration.He likened it to a light shining in a dark place.

It is an experience available to all.

Sounds like just another un-falsifiable claim to me.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Strange to see those who profess to be unbelievers become active characters in the prophecy of the Bible by taking up the cross of Satan by becoming active participants as his henchmen, trying to tempt us believers from the Truth just as Satan tempted Jesus.

There you go CCCC.

There you go again. Attributing things to me that He said. Surely you remember "See if they be for or agin me."

Sorry, there are two camps, His and Satans. You take your pick.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/26/17.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
If one were to assume that you are correct in making that statement, it would be correct to note that you are not there citing any
statement of "superiority" - none at all. If a person explains a belief and advises you regarding consequences based on that belief,you are being informed.

When a christian tells another their life is not complete without the belief they have in God (and a burning in hell consequence for not having the same beliefs )
they are implying their choice of belief is the better one, - -

WEAK ! Now you are down to describing what a person is "implying" - pretending that you have the power to read their mind and announce their intent. What YOU feel and what YOU take upon being so informed is YOUR action, not something done by the purveyor. Why not take responsibility for your own digestion, interpretations and feelings rather than trying to lay false guilt on those who explain their own beliefs?

Believe as I do or my god will burn you forever?

That's "just sharing their beliefs".

BS. It's a cohesive threat as part of their attempts to convert the weak minded to their religion.

It's the Mafia Boss technique:

Nice afterlife you got there. It would be a shame if something were to happen and it was to go up in flames. Tell you what, I got my boy Jesus here. You give over all your beliefs to him, and I'll make sure nothing happens to it for you.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I think that religion is a very personal thing.

Then why do Christians have to go around threatening their god will burn people for ever if they don't convert?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How sad..

Everyone needs to say a prayer for Antelope Sniper, add him to your church prayer list.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Where in the Bhagavad Gita Quran is that written?

Last edited by carbon12; 04/26/17. Reason: oppppps. wrong holy book
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I think that religion is a very personal thing.

Then why do Christians have to go around threatening their god will burn people for ever if they don't convert?

There you go CCCC.

There you go again. Attributing things to me that He said. Surely you remember "See if they be for or agin me."

Blaming your invisible friend doesn't change the fact that you wrote it.

Try stoning someone to death and telling the jury it wasn't your fault because it wasn't your will, but Gods will, and see what happens.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

There you go CCCC.

So all Shinto's are with Satan?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Give ita rest. You are ashes to carbon and dust to dust. You , you fortunately, were meant to be more than a popcorn fart in the wind of eternity. You you chose the flesh rather than the spirit.

How less is a dead dog lying by the road?

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Disgusting. When people quote the words of condemnation written in scripture, you blame them rather than Him.

OF course I blame them ....because Jesus is not the one going around threatening people like your fellow christians
feel the need to do on a regular basis.

There is no real need for your wacko god club buddies to go around doing that to others.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Give it arest. You are ashes to carbon and dust to dust. You , you fortunately, were meant to be more than a popcorn fart in the wind of eternity. You you chose the flesh rather than the spirit.

How less is a dead dog lying by the road?

If this your way to try and silence me?

Have you been sampling some of Colorado's finest agriculture product, because your last sentence makes no sense at all?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

OF course I blame them ....because Jesus is not the one going around threatening people like your fellow christians

There is no real need for your wacko god club buddies to go around doing that to others.

So, if you believed something that was not true, would you want to know it?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

So, if you believed something that was not true, would you want to know it?

Obviously you don't.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
You missed the point. Could it be that AS posts on Christian threads for a reason? Did he ever say why?

I've said numerous times.

I guess you weren't paying attention.

No, that is not the case at all. It is Starman that misses the point an seems to have an attention issue.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Page 28 of 37 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

706 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 60 invisible), 2,528 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,149
Posts18,465,009
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.