-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Initially, i apologize if this is the wrong forum for my question but felt the Writers would know what was going on behind the curtain of the great and powerful Oz.

I have been a Life Member of NAHC since the early 90's, like others i receive multiple magazine subscriptions (Handloader being my addiction since i bought the entire set back to inception) and must admit lost track of NAHC amongst the herd until tonight actually; realizing i havent seen one in many months. When i did a quick search to find NAHC's site, i was illuminated to find this has been going on for a while to many (if not all other subscribers). I read in more than one post that they declared bankruptcy but have yet to establish this personally.

However "Scout" emails, that seem to be some re-branding of NAHC seem to frequent my inbox (i have always treated them as spam). Does anyone know officially what is going on?

Thank you

~grissins

"Quis qustodiet ipsos custodes"
(Who will guard the guards?)
GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Magazine went to online only a few years back. Forum seems to have disappeared. I too get the "scout" info in my spam folder and an advertisement once in a great while for a crossbow pistol of some sort. If they aren't bankrupt, I would be surprised. They never did come thru with their promise of hunting land in multiple states. Wish I had spent my money elsewhere.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
What Joe said..............twice

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
My wife signed me up as a life member back in the 90's. The "only" real benefit I got was the jacket, which I don't wear. She meant well and I appreciated the thought,but I was never impressed by the club/magazine. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The "club" and magazine looked a little rinky-dink when they started but I decided to try it and even fell for their "life time" membership, complete with a jacket and belt buckle. When they told me they were out of the jackets and mis spelled my name on the belt buckle I cancelled my subscription and the check. I never saw an issue of the magazine afterwards that made me change my mind.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Some of the books they published weren't too bad (even Clay Harvey's grin), but the overall operation seemed pretty slipshod.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Thank you for the feedback! Guess its time to write them off for good.

I am glad Rifleman, Handloader, Rifle, Peterson's Hunting & Outdoor Life keep me current and as you mentioned the quality of the content has always been much higher.
Thank you again.

~grissins

"Quis qustodiet ipsos custodes"
(Who will guard the guards?)
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I joined with a lifetime membership way back when they started. For awhile, the magazine was good and had lots of member pics. It got worse and worse and became one big ad sheet. They finally quit sending me the magazine, but I did not care, as it was a piece of crap anyway.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I was as carter member when they fist got going. After a couple of years, I came to the conclusion that the only hunting grounds they got was for the pleasure of the honchos of the organization. Never did upgrade to a life membership and told them to stop sending me requests to upgrade. The only good thing I ever got from them was a nice folder by Blackie Colling which had my name engraved on it. They even messed that up as the did not cross the "T" in my last name. mad I figured I'd take it to a jewelers and get that fixed but never got around to it. Of all the knives I have, it's my favorite.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=PJGunner]I was as carter member when they fist got going. After a couple of years, I came to the conclusion that the only hunting grounds they got was for the pleasure of the honchos of the organization. Never did upgrade to a life membership and told them to stop sending me requests to upgrade. The only good thing I ever got from them was a nice folder by Blackie Colling which had my name engraved on it. They even messed that up as the did not cross the "T" in my last name. mad I figured I'd take it to a jewelers and get that fixed but never got around to it. Of all the knives I have, it's my favorite.
Paul B. [/quote

same here but I never got any thing from them, I looked up on it as the life membership was to fund the org. members hunting gigs. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Prob finally went tits up, was p o s from the beginning!!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I joined for 1 year about 1998.They started sending me books I did not order and then billed me.I kept the books and did not pay them.Told them to fly a kite and cancel my subscription.Most worthless organization ever.

Last edited by Huntz; 04/19/17.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Huntz
I joined for 1 year about 1998.They started sending me books I did not order and then billed me.I kept the books and did not pay them.Told them to fly a kite and cancel my subscription.Most worthless organization ever.

You too, eh ?
98 sounds about right for my recollection of an identical encounter.
.......I had an interesting chat with them about they were doing with that book nonsense, and it's legalities.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I too joined as a life member. I did get a nice Boyt gun case. a belt buckle, a cheap folding knife, a patch and some other trinkets. I figured that price of the life membership would pay itself off in a lifetime of magazines. About a couple of years into it, I noticed the magazines became increasingly crap. They tried to get you to buy more stuff by promising chances at hunts, usually with the guy that ran the thing, some guy named Bill or something, and if you upgraded your membership you wouldd receive merchandise to test. I received some small cardboard strips that were supposed to be rust inhabitant and a small package of wipes that were bug repellent. I guess the cool stuff like guns and scopes were tested by Bill himself. pretty much seemed like a scam to generate money so Ol Bill could go on another 25K Moose hunt.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

644 members (1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1minute, 1936M71, 73 invisible), 3,266 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,588
Posts18,454,274
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.