Print Thread
Hop To
#11978444 04/17/17
ATROX Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Hey Guys,

I'm in need for a new turkey vest. What's good as far as storage and comfort? I see a lot on the market, but would like your thoughts on what y'all like ......
Thanks,
Wyman

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've only owned two turkey vests - an ancient vest given to me by a buddy 15-18 years ago - cannot remember the brand, and a Mossy Oak Elite II I bought to replace it about 10 or 12 years ago. I've used the Elite II ever since and it is fine, but I cannot compare it to other modern vests since I hadn't used them. It has plenty of pockets and a good cushion - some I see have very thin cushions or cushions that compress too easily - you want to be comfortable sitting. I see that Macks Prairie Wings in Stuttgart AR has the Elite II again (Mossy Oak must be making them again) for $59.99 - about what I paid a decade ago. Odessa

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Tagged.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have both a ol tom I beam and a alpz grand slam elite. Both are super comfortable and have well though out storage. The alpz had the removable kick stand where you can sit without a tree behind you. I took that out and have not used it. The ol tom is a little lighter for when it is vey hot and honestly has more pockets.

Having both I can say I prefer the alpz

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I wore a Mossy Oak Super Elite vest for the first time yesterday. Really like the seat and has padding in the back panel too. Super comfortable and has a VG and very ample pocket design layout. I have no idea how old it is, as it has been hanging in the back of my gear closet for a bunch of years. Mine has the NWTF logo on the front.

NB

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I quit using a vest about 10 years ago. Way too hot and I don't need a million pockets. A belt pack or a small day pack gets the job done and I can can carry heavier items like water comfortably. Clip on a butt cushion with a carabiner.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Last year I bought one of the cabelas "tactical tater" vets. With the kickstand in the back.

Plenty of pockets and wears well. Although this year I am taking out the kickstand.

I also tried one of the tenzig turkey packs. If I had the extra 300 bucks I'd get one of them

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm pretty hard on a vest and my Primos has lasted 10 years without any issues. Not sure if their current vest are the same quality, but this one has been outstanding.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Reloader7RM
I'm pretty hard on a vest and my Primos has lasted 10 years without any issues. Not sure if their current vest are the same quality, but this one has been outstanding.

I had one of the promos before this cabelas. And it lasted about 10 years. And still has some left in it

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cheap wal mart best has done well for me. I figured if it lasted a year it would be good but it's still hanging in strong. Maybe I can find another lat r this year for $20

"If you got it, you got it!" In memory of Pops, gone but never forgotten
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Natty_Bumpo
I wore a Mossy Oak Super Elite vest for the first time yesterday. Really like the seat and has padding in the back panel too. Super comfortable and has a VG and very ample pocket design layout. I have no idea how old it is, as it has been hanging in the back of my gear closet for a bunch of years. Mine has the NWTF logo on the front.

NB

I've been using the same vest for many years. Works pretty darn good.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Keep watching ebay and buy a Bob Dixon vest when one comes up. I bought one years ago when they came out and it is by far the best I have ever seen. Get ready for sticker shock though...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Yea. Spend 500+ on a bob Dixon vest!!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
For $500.00 it better shoot and load the bird into it,,ouch

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
390 members (204guy, 280shooter, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1_deuce, 46 invisible), 2,266 guests, and 1,131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,723
Posts18,400,590
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.