Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
HB1321
There is a bill working it's way thru the legislature and if past will double all license fees for residents. From fishing/small game/youth all the way to elk.

The press releases state "could be doubled" and CPW is saying they would be phased in plus an adjustment for inflation.Guaranteed CPW will go after the biggest jump they can get as the 50% increase has be touted for two years now. They are looking to double their income in resident fees

It doesn't just hit residents though. All application fees for draw hunts will be $20 ,instead of $3

Also, park fees,camping fees, use fees anything coupled with COW is going to increase. Replacement of lost licenses etc will also increase.They have already increased the Return of Tag Fees

Two weeks to go in the current session

Last edited by saddlesore; 04/18/17.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It still won't be enough to replace the Pittman Robertson fund decline so expect this to just be the start.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 30338
It still won't be enough to replace the Pittman Robertson fund decline so expect this to just be the start.

Are you referring to the decline in firearms and ammo sales due to DJT being elected or am I missing something?

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Us out of state guys aren't coming to hunt in Colorado as much...

So someone has to pay for all that skier Mounties ...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jmgraham1986
Originally Posted by 30338

Are you referring to the decline in firearms and ammo sales due to DJT being elected or am I missing something?

Yes sir.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll still buy & go elk hunting. What I might give up is small game hunting. I buy a license to go grouse hunting--really an excuse to look for elk. I can just camp & hike and do my scouting. I turn 65 in a couple of years----fishing will be at a discount.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The bill you're referring to proposed up to a 50% increase not 100% increase in license fees. The only thing I saw that more than doubled was the outdated fishing ticket fine.
So $60ish elk license, $45ish deer, $375 sheep moose goat.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I sent Colorado over 2k in application fees 3 weeks ago so for me to think non residents are getting by cheap.....no

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought weed fixed all of Colorado's financial problems.

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I stand corrected on the 50% increase.However,papers are reporting doubling. At least the article in the Gazette.
Everything else still holds.

From CPW....Doug Vilsack, Dept. of Natural Resources <dnr_cpw.infostate.co.us>

This bill proposes to:
Phase in increased park fees and resident hunting and fishing license prices, generally by no more than 50 percent of current levels, and allow for adjusting prices to keep up with inflation.

Sets the fee for an annual senior fishing license at no more than one-half the price of annual resident fishing licenses.

Increase application fees for limited hunting licenses allocated through a drawing to $20.

Create registration fees for motorized and non-motorized watercraft to help pay for the Aquatic Nuisance Species program.

Last edited by saddlesore; 04/18/17.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by exbiologist
The bill you're referring to proposed up to a 50% increase not 100% increase in license fees. The only thing I saw that more than doubled was the outdated fishing ticket fine.
So $60ish elk license, $45ish deer, $375 sheep moose goat.

Wat about the $20 application fee that is $3 going to to $20.
You are not reading the entire bill or you are drinking the CPW Kool Aid.

An example.Bonny Res.was a state park. When all the water was drained, it was turned into a SWA. Who do you think pays for all that maintenance now?

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by tedthorn
I sent Colorado over 2k in application fees 3 weeks ago so for me to think non residents are getting by cheap.....no

I agree with you Ted.I was against the big rise in NR licenses

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Extra fee's will help park service establish wolf reintroduction.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Wolf reintroduction is one thing that won't happen.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Wolf reintroduction is one thing that won't happen.

Wolves would get lead poisoning in my hunting area

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted by saddlesore
Sets the fee for an annual senior fishing license at no more than one-half the price of annual resident fishing licenses.

Vince:

I've been getting a free fishing license since I turned 65. Does this mean that now I have to pay for my fishing license again?

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, it will be at a reduced rate. $18.75--if I remember correctly.

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by KC

Originally Posted by saddlesore

Vince:

I've been getting a free fishing license since I turned 65. Does this mean that now I have to pay for my fishing license again?

KC

Yep, Most believe it will only be 1/2 of the present rate,but it will be half of the new rate which brings it up to almost today's regular fishing license cost.

I was at Home Depot today,and a CPW officer pulls up in brand new Ford Super Duty $60,000 truck,loaded which doesn't include all the special gear.Yea,they sure need that fee increase

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One good thing may happen is that it may stop a lot of guys applying for limited turkey tags.

New cost of spring tag-------$30
New application fee----------$20
Habitat stamps---------------$15
______

total $65

I think I paid $125 as a NR in KS for 2 birds last year.

If it stops some from applying it may be good for us diehard gobbler hunters.

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by colorado bob
One good thing may happen is that it may stop a lot of guys applying for limited turkey tags.

New cost of spring tag-------$30
New application fee----------$20
Habitat stamps---------------$15
______

total $65

I think I paid $125 as a NR in KS for 2 birds last year.

If it stops some from applying it may be good for us diehard gobbler hunters.

Might be better to go out and call some in, take a few photos and then go buy a good eating one for $15.
I think this might very well back fire and end up with no more money than they have now. I know I won't be buying anymore deer,pronghorn small game licenses anymore and will only by one elk tag instead of two.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

623 members (12344mag, 160user, 19rabbit52, 10Glocks, 219DW, 16penny, 63 invisible), 2,046 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,239
Posts18,447,871
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.