-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I just sent a detailed Private Message to Rick Bin about being hacked while online yesterday in the Hunting Rifle Board @ 24HCF's website.

Spent 4+ hours getting it finally cleaned up.
Ron

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.
GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
So how do you know when you have been hacked? Is it very obvious or are there little things to watch out for?

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How about some details.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I was scrolling down a 24hcf board Saturday afternoon, having finished reading one thread and clicked on another & my computer screen locked up with a virus message from an unknown source, supposedly from Micro Soft. That false MS page looked funny, but had a phone # on it to call for further instructions...DON'T CALL THAT PHONE NUMBER like I did....go straight to your virus protection provider PDQ right then right now.

IF you can escape the BS chain of crap from calling the false MS site's phone number it'll be several hours later... Call your internet provider or the virus protection service AT ONCE 'cause you will eventually PLUS you will need to call your I'net local service provider Help Desk as well & plan on re setting your IP addy to keep the False MS site from retaining access to your computer at a later date, or worse in having that now compromised IP addy sold elewhere and keep the merry go round spinning from multiple virus attacks.

FWIW kudos to the MicroSoft's Cust Svc guy who answered our call for help and took couple hours to kill the virus in our account, search our records for intrusions and the advice on the IP addy change, all at no cost.
Good Luck

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So really what you're saying is you picked up some "ransom ware" but you really don't know where it came from.

Last edited by Snyper; 04/18/17.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B2

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

346 members (1Longbow, 1lesfox, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 30 invisible), 2,733 guests, and 957 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,282
Posts18,467,767
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.