Campfire Outfitter
S

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
My wife was 'drug' by a logging truck for 2-300 yards several years ago. Driver apparently shifted from left lane to right lane while she was there. Some of the metal rigging on the pony trailer ripped into and attached itself to the car. After bouncing across several curbs along the sidewalk they finally broke free.
To this day she is horrified to ride alongside an 18 wheeler.

FJB & FJT
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
I've been lucky....come within 1 foot of being right where he was.....dang he is lucky!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Raeford, Thank god your wife is ok. I too won't travel next to an 18 wheeler or logging truck. I won't pass a big truck unless I can pass it completely. Around here most of the truck drivers have towel on their head and can't even brush their tooth let alone safely drive a big rig.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Raeford
My wife was 'drug' by a logging truck for 2-300 yards several years ago. Driver apparently shifted from left lane to right lane while she was there. Some of the metal rigging on the pony trailer ripped into and attached itself to the car. After bouncing across several curbs along the sidewalk they finally broke free.
To this day she is horrified to ride alongside an 18 wheeler.

We all should be.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't know who got the trucker's attention, but hope someone got involved.

1Minute
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
We have these big shiny things called mirrors on the outside of our big trucks, they are about 22 inches high.
I guess this driver never heard of 'em.
Good Lord, I am checking my mirrors about every 3 seconds while driving down the road.

This driver is so inept, he must have been stoned or drunk.
Random drug tests have weeded out most of the dopers and drunks but this guy has slipped through the cracks, until today.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
How in the world did that trucker not see the car in his side mirror? There's no way he could have missed it?

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Happened here in WV and he killed the fellow in the vehicle. Driver was a Ukranian

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And the CHP says there was nothing criminal about that.

Dude.......

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I don't like passing big trucks at all

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Holy cow, how could you not notice!

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
We have these big shiny things called mirrors on the outside of our big trucks, they are about 22 inches high.
I guess this driver never heard of 'em.
Good Lord, I am checking my mirrors about every 3 seconds while driving down the road.

This driver is so inept, he must have been stoned or drunk.
Random drug tests have weeded out most of the dopers and drunks but this guy has slipped through the cracks, until today.

I know I'm weird, but I believe the driver knew the car was there and enjoyed the experience. Then when it's obvious to others he claims, "I didn't know..." whistle

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FreeMe
And the CHP says there was nothing criminal about that.

Dude.......

At least the guy in the car didn't leave the scene of the accident. crazy

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
I don't like passing big trucks at all

Same here. If I pass one, I do it right smartly, get around him without delay. I will not run alongside one for any reason, if I have to slow down to avoid it , that's what I'll do.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Raeford, Thank god your wife is ok. I too won't travel next to an 18 wheeler or logging truck. I won't pass a big truck unless I can pass it completely. Around here most of the truck drivers have towel on their head and can't even brush their tooth let alone safely drive a big rig.

I am sure you are referring to all the Trucks driven with BC plates, by Pakis and other Ragheads....I 5 is a zoo with them in spots...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
And when I went to the Campfire Rondy down in AZ in February, there was that Mexican who had an illegal license from CA who didn't want to stop where they were doing road construction... had it down to one lane with a Pilot car on old US 95....

Hit 5 or 6 parked cars...at the site was told he killed 5 people and then Wageslave posted an article about it saying the death toll was like 3....

Driver was here illegally.. and had spent jail time for doing the same thing once or twice before...

not to insult the truckers on the campfire, but there are plenty of places our highways aren't safe because of the lax enforcement of traffic laws on these truckers any more...
especially all the foreign ones...

and most truckers aren't the courteous drivers on the highways of this nation 40 and 50 years ago...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
mean while up in Newfoundland, Canada....

huge Iceberg off the shore....

http://nypost.com/video/massive-iceberg-stops-canada-tourists-in-their-tracks/

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One of our Techs, just missed becoming a pancake, when a rolling flatbed semi, lost his load of a piece of heavy earth moving equipment. Chains snapped, and the piece rolled off the trailer in a construction zone. 4 lanes were narrowed to two already, and the crash closed it all down.
He was just past it, when it happened.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Had one force me into the median when he decided to move into the left lane without looking.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

615 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 16penny, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,032 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,272
Posts18,448,347
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.