Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I grew up in Northern Minnesota, retired out of the Navy and got a Government job in CA.. Not where I really wanted to be, but had to make a living. CA is actually a beautiful state, it's the politics and people that screw it up. I live in a conservative bastion, Riverside county. Had Aunts and Uncles from Richardson in TX. When we went to visit they always thought I talked funny.. Often I had trouble understanding them LOL. Not sure where but going back towards the Midwest again, where for the most part people are sane. Believe it or not, most of the "illegals" are actually very good folks, just looking to better their lives for the kids. Some are not.. Those need to go, I'm sure folks in Texas see the same thing. I am not "progressive" by any means, The borders and laws need to be enforced.

The actual out the door price after taxes (8 1/4%) DROS (registration fees) was $1739.. Yes one has to pay taxes on a used rifle that most likely one all ready paid taxes on..

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
And . . . I'm waiting for my LGS to get a new pistola in so I can get it and one already waiting for me on one background check.

Texas . . . It's like a whole 'nother country!

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
True, many folks coming from Mexico just want to work, and are willing to work hard. Can't blame them.

As far as nice places screwed up by the government, Mexico has a lot of pretty country and a lot of resources.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Congrats on the 257.. I'm a little jealous. They are some sweet rifles.

Semper Fi
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Smithrjd: I am very happy for you getting that Rifle (as described) at that price!
You are on a luck streak (other than living in kalifornicationkopia!) - buy lotto!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
You know I posted this 257 Roberts to the board on 1/22/17, I wasn't really interested in it at the time. Every time I went in there it was talking to me sitting on the wall. A late 20's S&W 6" I frame 32 Long in almost perfect Nickel sat for over 6 months before I finally bought it. I am friends with a couple of the folks at the LGS and they know I'm a sucker for something old and odd..

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
This is the Winchester section, but does anyone know about older Browning FN Mausers? They have three on consignment that I know are most likely rare.. Two are what I would call the highest grade, (Supreme?) wood, engraved etc. One is in 284 Winchester, another in 338 Win Mag. The last one is a more standard grade 22-250 all have scopes and mounts.

Last edited by smithrjd; 04/22/17.
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
That rifle would not have sat in a rack for three hours (let alone three months) where I shop for guns....

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Poconojack
That rifle would not have sat in a rack for three hours (let alone three months) where I shop for guns....

You got that right. Its funny how geographical differences affect prices..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I would agree, The Ithaca Model 37 English Ultra 20 gauge would not have lasted 10 minutes back East or in the Midwest. Another one on the rack, an early Ruger 44 mag carbine, about 98% $500. Again another market it would be gone before you were sure you saw it. One of the few benefits to living here I guess.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I am no expert, but I believe something to look out for with Browning guns of that period are "salt wood" guns. This is something you can probably look up should you need to. I think a FN Browning in .338 would be kinda cool. I wouldn't be interested in the two even shorter cartridges in a full length FN action, but that's just me.

I say buy all the good guns in Cali the mall ninjas are too stupid to care about, then get the [bleep] out! But again, that's just me! : )

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Dang! The software caught my misspelling (something engineers hardly ever do INTENTIONALLY) and "bleeped" me! Go "bleeping" figure!

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
They did not exhibit any signs of salt wood, I would have to check the serial numbers to be sure. All of the Browning shotguns in that lot are already gone, many were rare and high end. I just wish I had more money to spend..

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
When I bought the 257 Roberts I looked at an another one just coming in, a "RED 9" Mauser Bolo 1908 if memory serves. Inside the original wood shoulder stock. No idea what that one is priced at yet. There is a High Standard Supermatic Trophy with a 7 1/4" fluted barrel sitting for over 5 months now, $699. If I didn't already have a Citation..

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,544
Posts18,453,376
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.