Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
As a person who loves a good prank, here are two of my favorites.

The first year I hunted in a lease in 1975, we bunked in a very old building. It was full of rats, nothing to have one scurry across your sleeping bag. There was one old guy ". My age now" that was deathly afraid of rats. Every night he drank until he couldn't hardly walk. We tied a wig on a piece of monofilament fishing line. We put a couple of eyes in the wall behind his bunk so we could jerk the wig out of his bag. Sure enough, old Billy came to bed drunk. Once the light went out and he settled in, the guy jerked the wig out. Billy was screaming and flopping until he fell out on the floor. We laughed our asses off.

About 4 years ago I had two old plastic gun cases that were cracked and beat up. I put a few bricks in each one. It was opening weekend of deer season. We put one on the edge of the road going into the lease. There are several leases on that road. We were hiding in the bushes. The first truck passed it up, but the second slammed on his breaks, the passenger jumped out, grabbed the case. We could hear him yell" it's heavy, must have two guns in it"

Same thing happened on the second case, except it was a young boy. "Its heavy Dad, it's got guns in it". I would have liked to have seen them open the cases.

I'm sure I'm not the only prankster here???

BP-B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I like a good clean joke, or gag myself, but remember, the tables, they can be turned.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was hunting in CO. In the seventies with a group that had two brothers and their cousin. Cousin left camp and saw a buck chasing a doe right down the trail he was on.

He stepped out of the trail, threw his rifle to his shoulder and watched as the deer ran by him.

The brothers had placed black tape across the objective lens of his scope.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
propped up a dead black bear that I shot that evening behind the cabin in up in northern Ontario and yanked the screens off the windows after smacking the cabin. There had been a problem bear in camp. Lights went on and things got lively

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We hung a mounted buck's head, at the end of a farm lane, in a grove of trees. It is not approachable, except right down the road. (Open field all the way to the dead end.)
My uncle set up in position and waited an hour for that buck to take just one more good step....lol.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I think one of the best pranks I ever heard was from a deer camp my dad went to (75% in attendance now in the great hunting grounds in the sky). Those boys would mess with each other relentlessly...and not sure how much hunting really went on.

Legend has it that one night 'Hose Nose' decided to play a prank on 'Dupa'. He waited until he was passed out drunk and mixed a handful of fine central Wisconsin sand into Dupa's jar of Noxema. Stirred it in just so.

Now, Dupa wasn't using the Noxema for his complexion. He had developed a case of the 'roids and took to slapping a handful in the ass and taint region every morning before taking to the trail. Helped to smooth out the walk apparently...well until the day Hose Nose mixed in the sand. Story goes he was on the ground crying about 10 yards into the walk to his stand.

Hose Nose got figured out being the only left handed guy in the group. Dupa, retired police chief as he was, started an investigation. Turns out the swirl pattern in the jar was counterclockwise and the perpetrator was caught...Dupa was still mighty butt-hurt about the whole thing and a proper fistfight broke out.

20 years later it was told in the duck blind to me, a wide eyed boy with a love for stories...but always by Hose Nose, Dupa never enjoyed the telling (or the jovial reenactments).

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buddy was camping on the banks of the Potomac with friends during spring turkey season. One big guy was very afraid of snakes, worried about one crawling into his bag. Kenny found a long limber stick, and waited for John to fall asleep. He tickled his hand with the stick a little, swatted it real hard, and hollered SNAKE. Of course John was scared [bleep], then got mad. He grabbed Kenny's occupied sleeping bag, and threw it, and him, in the river.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I like a good clean joke, or gag myself, but remember, the tables, they can be turned.

CAN be turned?

They WILL be turned!

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One trip, we also had a guy afraid of rats. The prankster went into the cabins bathroom, we heard a shout, thumping and a small fight. The door popped open, he ran out, dropping a rubber rat on the victims lap.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This one older big mouthed know it all guy that I couldn't stand went hunting with a big group. One guy had a cow tag and connected on day 1 or 2. We had him cut out the vaginal and anal patch so it made a small blanket and once he was asleep (passed out drunk) we stuffed it under his blankets but first we painted his nasty ass toenails pink. Knowing that he could always dish it out and never take it we'd hoped that he'd leave early. He did but apparently was in such a rush to get away from us that he didn't realize his toenails were pink. Some guy in a truck stop bathroom saw his pretty pinky toes (he always wore flip flops) and propositioned him thinking he was a freak at a rest stop looking for a piece of trucker ass. I still chuckle thinking back on how mad he was and how much he wanted to punch me but he knew pink toenails and an elk pusssy wasn't a good reason to die. 😉

I f'ckd with him until he finally quit and still wish I'd have just beat the f'ck out of him for the fun of it. Even his "friends" didn't like him...

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Originally Posted by wabigoon

CAN be turned?

They WILL be turned!

Isn't that what they call 'traditions' in some circles?

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Funny chit Ace smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Our friend Ernie brought a TV to camp so he could watch the Giants and Murder She Wrote. We all hollered and told him camp is no place for TV. So that night I went to town and got the old TV my FIL had offered to me a couple weeks before. Ernie had put tin foil between the rabbit ears on his TV so we took the foil off his and hid it. Then we put the foil on the "dummy" TV and put it outside by the brook. When Ernie stumbled downstairs in the morning he saw that his TV wasn't on the table but out by the brook. He hollered about that but I told him "it's about to get a lot worse". 3 of our members were lined up as a firing squad and on the count of 3 they executed the TV. Later that night we got Ernie's TV out of hiding. He took it home and we haven't had a TV in camp since. Good times.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
Our friend Ernie brought a TV to camp so he could watch the Giants and Murder She Wrote. We all hollered and told him camp is no place for TV. So that night I went to town and got the old TV my FIL had offered to me a couple weeks before. Ernie had put tin foil between the rabbit ears on his TV so we took the foil off his and hid it. Then we put the foil on the "dummy" TV and put it outside by the brook. When Ernie stumbled downstairs in the morning he saw that his TV wasn't on the table but out by the brook. He hollered about that but I told him "it's about to get a lot worse". 3 of our members were lined up as a firing squad and on the count of 3 they executed the TV. Later that night we got Ernie's TV out of hiding. He took it home and we haven't had a TV in camp since. Good times.

That's AWESOME!

But what's a brook? Is that sorta like a creek? laugh

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Originally Posted by River_Ridge

That's AWESOME!

But what's a brook? Is that sorta like a creek? laugh

Yup, brook, creek, crick, stream that we pee in before it flows into the NYC reservoir! smile

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
There were some in our youth, but I've grown past the desire for that stuff anymore.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
but first we painted his nasty ass toenails pink

So why did you happen to have pink fingernail polish in a hunting camp? Were you planning this or do you carry it everywhere?

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
A stream that's a bit bigger than a rill. We got creeks around here that other folks in other states would say are rivers.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
but first we painted his nasty ass toenails pink

So why did you happen to have pink fingernail polish in a hunting camp? Were you planning this or do you carry it everywhere?

I didn't and I don't remember who brought it or if it was paint. Parts of that trip are a little fuzzy and it was a couple decades ago.....but mostly just fuzzy. 😁

There were a bunch of hooligans on that trip.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hanco

The first year I hunted in a lease in 1975, we bunked in a very old building. It was full of rats, nothing to have one scurry across your sleeping bag. There was one old guy ". My age now" that was deathly afraid of rats. Every night he drank until he couldn't hardly walk. We tied a wig on a piece of monofilament fishing line. We put a couple of eyes in the wall behind his bunk so we could jerk the wig out of his bag. Sure enough, old Billy came to bed drunk. Once the light went out and he settled in, the guy jerked the wig out. Billy was screaming and flopping until he fell out on the floor. We laughed our asses off.

WARNING: When camping I sleep with my 1911.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
643 members (257Bob, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 70 invisible), 2,869 guests, and 1,410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,656
Posts18,399,278
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.