Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
As a person who loves a good prank, here are two of my favorites.

The first year I hunted in a lease in 1975, we bunked in a very old building. It was full of rats, nothing to have one scurry across your sleeping bag. There was one old guy ". My age now" that was deathly afraid of rats. Every night he drank until he couldn't hardly walk. We tied a wig on a piece of monofilament fishing line. We put a couple of eyes in the wall behind his bunk so we could jerk the wig out of his bag. Sure enough, old Billy came to bed drunk. Once the light went out and he settled in, the guy jerked the wig out. Billy was screaming and flopping until he fell out on the floor. We laughed our asses off.

About 4 years ago I had two old plastic gun cases that were cracked and beat up. I put a few bricks in each one. It was opening weekend of deer season. We put one on the edge of the road going into the lease. There are several leases on that road. We were hiding in the bushes. The first truck passed it up, but the second slammed on his breaks, the passenger jumped out, grabbed the case. We could hear him yell" it's heavy, must have two guns in it"

Same thing happened on the second case, except it was a young boy. "Its heavy Dad, it's got guns in it". I would have liked to have seen them open the cases.

I'm sure I'm not the only prankster here???

GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I like a good clean joke, or gag myself, but remember, the tables, they can be turned.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was hunting in CO. In the seventies with a group that had two brothers and their cousin. Cousin left camp and saw a buck chasing a doe right down the trail he was on.

He stepped out of the trail, threw his rifle to his shoulder and watched as the deer ran by him.

The brothers had placed black tape across the objective lens of his scope.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
propped up a dead black bear that I shot that evening behind the cabin in up in northern Ontario and yanked the screens off the windows after smacking the cabin. There had been a problem bear in camp. Lights went on and things got lively

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We hung a mounted buck's head, at the end of a farm lane, in a grove of trees. It is not approachable, except right down the road. (Open field all the way to the dead end.)
My uncle set up in position and waited an hour for that buck to take just one more good step....lol.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I think one of the best pranks I ever heard was from a deer camp my dad went to (75% in attendance now in the great hunting grounds in the sky). Those boys would mess with each other relentlessly...and not sure how much hunting really went on.

Legend has it that one night 'Hose Nose' decided to play a prank on 'Dupa'. He waited until he was passed out drunk and mixed a handful of fine central Wisconsin sand into Dupa's jar of Noxema. Stirred it in just so.

Now, Dupa wasn't using the Noxema for his complexion. He had developed a case of the 'roids and took to slapping a handful in the ass and taint region every morning before taking to the trail. Helped to smooth out the walk apparently...well until the day Hose Nose mixed in the sand. Story goes he was on the ground crying about 10 yards into the walk to his stand.

Hose Nose got figured out being the only left handed guy in the group. Dupa, retired police chief as he was, started an investigation. Turns out the swirl pattern in the jar was counterclockwise and the perpetrator was caught...Dupa was still mighty butt-hurt about the whole thing and a proper fistfight broke out.

20 years later it was told in the duck blind to me, a wide eyed boy with a love for stories...but always by Hose Nose, Dupa never enjoyed the telling (or the jovial reenactments).

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buddy was camping on the banks of the Potomac with friends during spring turkey season. One big guy was very afraid of snakes, worried about one crawling into his bag. Kenny found a long limber stick, and waited for John to fall asleep. He tickled his hand with the stick a little, swatted it real hard, and hollered SNAKE. Of course John was scared [bleep], then got mad. He grabbed Kenny's occupied sleeping bag, and threw it, and him, in the river.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I like a good clean joke, or gag myself, but remember, the tables, they can be turned.

CAN be turned?

They WILL be turned!

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One trip, we also had a guy afraid of rats. The prankster went into the cabins bathroom, we heard a shout, thumping and a small fight. The door popped open, he ran out, dropping a rubber rat on the victims lap.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This one older big mouthed know it all guy that I couldn't stand went hunting with a big group. One guy had a cow tag and connected on day 1 or 2. We had him cut out the vaginal and anal patch so it made a small blanket and once he was asleep (passed out drunk) we stuffed it under his blankets but first we painted his nasty ass toenails pink. Knowing that he could always dish it out and never take it we'd hoped that he'd leave early. He did but apparently was in such a rush to get away from us that he didn't realize his toenails were pink. Some guy in a truck stop bathroom saw his pretty pinky toes (he always wore flip flops) and propositioned him thinking he was a freak at a rest stop looking for a piece of trucker ass. I still chuckle thinking back on how mad he was and how much he wanted to punch me but he knew pink toenails and an elk pusssy wasn't a good reason to die. 😉

I f'ckd with him until he finally quit and still wish I'd have just beat the f'ck out of him for the fun of it. Even his "friends" didn't like him...

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Originally Posted by wabigoon

CAN be turned?

They WILL be turned!

Isn't that what they call 'traditions' in some circles?

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Funny chit Ace smile

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Our friend Ernie brought a TV to camp so he could watch the Giants and Murder She Wrote. We all hollered and told him camp is no place for TV. So that night I went to town and got the old TV my FIL had offered to me a couple weeks before. Ernie had put tin foil between the rabbit ears on his TV so we took the foil off his and hid it. Then we put the foil on the "dummy" TV and put it outside by the brook. When Ernie stumbled downstairs in the morning he saw that his TV wasn't on the table but out by the brook. He hollered about that but I told him "it's about to get a lot worse". 3 of our members were lined up as a firing squad and on the count of 3 they executed the TV. Later that night we got Ernie's TV out of hiding. He took it home and we haven't had a TV in camp since. Good times.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
Our friend Ernie brought a TV to camp so he could watch the Giants and Murder She Wrote. We all hollered and told him camp is no place for TV. So that night I went to town and got the old TV my FIL had offered to me a couple weeks before. Ernie had put tin foil between the rabbit ears on his TV so we took the foil off his and hid it. Then we put the foil on the "dummy" TV and put it outside by the brook. When Ernie stumbled downstairs in the morning he saw that his TV wasn't on the table but out by the brook. He hollered about that but I told him "it's about to get a lot worse". 3 of our members were lined up as a firing squad and on the count of 3 they executed the TV. Later that night we got Ernie's TV out of hiding. He took it home and we haven't had a TV in camp since. Good times.

That's AWESOME!

But what's a brook? Is that sorta like a creek? laugh

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Originally Posted by River_Ridge

That's AWESOME!

But what's a brook? Is that sorta like a creek? laugh

Yup, brook, creek, crick, stream that we pee in before it flows into the NYC reservoir! smile

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
There were some in our youth, but I've grown past the desire for that stuff anymore.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
but first we painted his nasty ass toenails pink

So why did you happen to have pink fingernail polish in a hunting camp? Were you planning this or do you carry it everywhere?

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
A stream that's a bit bigger than a rill. We got creeks around here that other folks in other states would say are rivers.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
but first we painted his nasty ass toenails pink

So why did you happen to have pink fingernail polish in a hunting camp? Were you planning this or do you carry it everywhere?

I didn't and I don't remember who brought it or if it was paint. Parts of that trip are a little fuzzy and it was a couple decades ago.....but mostly just fuzzy. 😁

There were a bunch of hooligans on that trip.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hanco

The first year I hunted in a lease in 1975, we bunked in a very old building. It was full of rats, nothing to have one scurry across your sleeping bag. There was one old guy ". My age now" that was deathly afraid of rats. Every night he drank until he couldn't hardly walk. We tied a wig on a piece of monofilament fishing line. We put a couple of eyes in the wall behind his bunk so we could jerk the wig out of his bag. Sure enough, old Billy came to bed drunk. Once the light went out and he settled in, the guy jerked the wig out. Billy was screaming and flopping until he fell out on the floor. We laughed our asses off.

WARNING: When camping I sleep with my 1911.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Throwing a hand full of 22 rounds in the campfire livens things up....grin

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Breakfast food in a flannel sleeping bag sounds tame, but that was scout camp.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Elk hunt on a friends ranch back in the 70's. Hired hand thought he would be funny and come in the dark to our camp and steal the horses.

Somebody thought it might be a bear or a cat making the horses move around and let go with a couple of Win. Mag rounds into the trees above the horses. The hired man ran into the dark screaming "don't shoot, don't shoot!" Hit a tree in the dark. Them tables got turned.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You guys are lightweight, I say-lightweights! Not one mention of a good ol' fashioned snipe hunt! Several newbies in our camp have made the long walk to camp after being dropped off at the end of a logging road with a burlap sack and a whistle, and told to blow the whistle to lure in the wily snipe.

Another good story-our camp and the guys next to us used to have a friendly competition to see who could have the first buck hanging on opening morning. Dad and one of the guys next door both used to hunt up above camp, and fairly close to each other, and one or the other usually was first back in with a buck. One year dad dropped a spiker at first light on the first morning. His shot ran another buck right past the guy from the camp next door, and he dropped it too. Dad heard the shot, and knew the neighbor had one down. The race was on to gut the deer and see who could hoist theirs first. Both guys came down off the top of the mountain, within sight of each other, but Dad was about 100 yards behind his buddy from next door. No problem-he faced the deer head first down the hill, sat on it, grabbed the antlers to lift the head off the ground, and literally rode it down the hill. For years they talked about the crazy redneck sled riding down the mountain on a dead buck.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Someone packed a life size cardboard cut-out of a moose 2 miles in, then one night, another half mile down the meadow in the dark to position it 200 yards from my partner's stand where he would see it as it got light.

Woods are full of hooligans!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I always arrived before BIL. Placed a dozen flamingos around his stand. He was not happy at daybreak.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Throwing a hand full of 22 rounds in the campfire livens things up....grin

So do buckeyes. And if you're about 8 years old and find out they 'explode' and send out some shrapnel in the campfire you just don't stop. But you wait until the dads are good and drunk before tossing a few on the fire! Makes things lively.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well this is more of a fishing camp prank, but it was funny, and I'm one of the suckers that fell for it. We sort of have a family reunion, with a few friends of family thrown in a few times each summer. It's usually way back in somewhere where you need 4x4 to get to, and there's always a crick, usually different ones where we ain't been for a while.

Like here we are . . .

[Linked Image]

Well my cousin, Charlie, had taken some old brass and melted little drops from it and, unknown to anybody else, sprinkled a little along the edge of the crick right by camp. Nobody noticed for a day or two, but once they did, and word got out, there were people in the water trying to pan gold in frying pans, people staking micro-claims(you stay on that side of this rock and I'll stay on this side), and people talking like they had won the lottery. Charlie would sit in a lawn chair smiling and not even looking for nuggets till we figured it out.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One stunt I've heard of for deer camp, is the "deer call horn". Every nubee is to start the first hunt, by blowing that horn as loud as he can. Tradition says, the louder the blast, the bigger the buck who hears it.
The thing is, that horn is bent to face the bell at the musician. And he has no idea it has been filled with flour.....lol

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I cannot take credit for this one. I read it here before.

A guy takes one of those plastic worm bait containers and removes most of the dirt but keeps worms in there. Guy replaces dirt by taking a dump in container and mixing it up and gives container to brother. Goes fishing and asks brother to dig out a few worms for him.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Had a couple of buddies come to the NM ranch for some coyote hunting.

We had an old adobe house that was at the headquarters everyone stayed in. Problem was, it was drafty, and rattlesnakes would come in frequently. I'd killed like 3 big rattlers in that house... And I made sure to show them the pics. wink

I knew none were in the house because I checked before they got there... but I did have an electronic caller that had "rattlesnake rattles" as a sound on it.

After supper, I put that caller under one of the beds the guys were staying in.

Waited for about 15 minutes after they turned out the lights and then used my remote control to turn on the caller already set to play the rattler sounds... grin

Things got pretty lively pretty quickly. shocked

I let them holler for a minute or two, then went and turned the light on.... The guy that was sleeping on bed that had the caller was on a big table about 10 feet from the bed. I asked him how he got there?

He said he jumped. In the dark....
laugh laugh

They were kinda relieved and kinda pissed when I reached under the bed and pulled my caller out... They could take a joke though.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I don't like them, hunting is fun but can get very serious, jack-fuggin around with guns, alcohol [after the hunt] and spooled up emotions present is not a good idea.

Leave the damn jokes for the house.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunner500
I don't like them, hunting is fun but can get very serious, jack-fuggin around with guns, alcohol [after the hunt] and spooled up emotions present is not a good idea.

Mostly the guys I hunt with are light hearted, and not wrapped that tight.

The ones that can't take a joke don't make the cut. It ain't worth it...

If anyone has ever spent time in a hunting camp with a stick in the mud, you know what I'm talking about. wink

One thing I won't tolerate in hunting camp is a drunk, though.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I know what you mean, but, I'm there to kill first and foremost, either for meat or depredation/pest control, after that, light hearted relaxation with a good bottle of Scotch and Cigars is fine with me.

Good grub don't hurt a damn thing either.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Nothing like a good camp cook to improve dispositions after a cold, wet, unsuccessful hunt... smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger

Geez Grandma, we were having a good time until you showed up.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

You've got to know your audience but I agree about leaving guns and alcohol out of it.

We used to hide the bucks we'd kill from each other, and let the other guy stumble over 'em. Once I got a nice one and stashed it with the firewood under the tarp. My bud got back to camp and asked if I'd seen any and of course, I said "no, why don't you grab a couple logs for the fire?"

This wasn't really a joke, but it was funny as hell. I was hunting with a bud and we each had our own tent. I got up in the middle of the night to take a piss and there was a skunk messing with our dirty dinner dishes by the fire pit. So I started lobbing pieces of firewood at it to chase it away, I guess it made quite the racket. It ran off, so I took a leak and once it got quiet I heard my buddy say in a real tentative voice "....is that you?" When I said yes, he came flying out of the tent, said "you scared the sh** out of me, I thought it was deliverance all over again!" I laughed until I cried.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
God bless Texas. One more reason NOT to go hunting with drunks and dangerous associates. You'd get shot on a lease. gunner500 is right.

Last edited by agazain; 04/21/17.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Get shot on a lease for what? A harmless prank?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
One of the funniest things I ever saw in camp wasn't a joke.

There were several leases that had a central camp on a large ranch because it had water and electricity. Made for interesting times, for sure.

The area had LOTS of rattlesnakes. Most days a guy would bring in a huge rattler he'd killed.

Before daylight one morning, folks were stirring, getting ready to out hunting...

One guy went out to the bushes to take care of his morning business..

A short while later, that guy went to screaming and hollerin' to beat the band. Hell, we all thought he'd been snake bit.

About a half dozen of us grabbed a light, and headed his way.

When we got there, we all got the same shock HE had gotten... (Only his was worse)

He settled in to take a crap, and finished. When he pulled his camo bib overalls back on, and threw the back bib with suspenders over his shoulder, he got hit in the back of the neck by his own crap.... He'd crapped on his overalls and didn't know it til it hit him in the back of the neck... shocked laugh

sick

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Buddy had a couple camps in Maine on a lake. We used to go there with a gang of guys, mostly firefighters. One year the owner invited a couple cops. They were good guys and everyone had an ok time. Owner found a cap gun that belonged to his grand kid, you know the kind looks like a black revolver and the caps like percussion caps. Well one of the cops started bitchin about dinner, the owner giving it right back to him... then he went into his pocket pulled the "revolver" and fired a shot... that detective grimaced held his belly and fell on the floor thinking her was shot for about 5 seconds... I almost fell off my chair laughing so hard..

In retrospect I am glad my detective friend wasn't carrying though truth be told we were better shots then they were.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The guys I used to hunt with took a deer hide with the head attached and placed it over a low barbed wire fence that could be seen from the road. Sure enough a truck stopped and a kid got out and took a couple of shots. The guys were sitting on the cabin front porch and busted out laughing. A couple of years later the guy and his son showed up to use the camp shooting bench. The dad looked and his son and pointed to Randy and said "there's your buddy, remember him"? The kid looked embarrassed and said YES!
Another time Randy found a dead 8 point on the hill above the cabin. It was frozen so Randy propped it up so it could be seen from the road. They were in the cabin when the shots started. They figured the shooter had to go back to town for more shells! laugh

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Several years ago my buddy and I were Elk hunting and noticed a lot of Elk “sign” and had an idea for a practical joke to play during the next years deer hunt in California. I bought a box of junior mints for the upcoming prank. My buddy and I and his wife were out hunting and I noticed a pile of fresh deer “sign”. I palmed a couple of mints and faked picking up some of the deer sign and placed a mint in my mouth and stated that I thought the sign had been placed earlier that morning and was piping hot. His wife told me where to go as she was not falling for that stunt. Later their 12 year old son joined us and while the wife was not in the vicinity I pulled the same trick only this time my buddy asked for some of the sign and he proceeded to disagree with me and told me it was much fresher. The look on his son’s face was priceless as he was horrified and thought surely we had gone completely bonkers. My buddy fessed up right away as he did not want to harm his son’s psyche. His son is now in his 30’s and that is one of his favorite memories of the hunt.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
My favorite so far is putting a roll of "no tear" TP in the crapper (with a roll of real TP within reach). One of the guys just cut off a piece of the "no tear" TP with his pocket knife and didn't even say about anything it being hard to tear.

Last edited by victoro; 04/21/17.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Went camping with 6 buddies one fall, everyone was responsible for bringing their own food.

Me and one other guy went into town and stopped at a grocery store for dinner fixins, I got steak and large portabella mushrooms.

We got back into camp late in the afternoon after the beers had been flowing for the 4 who remained.

I grabbed the package of portabella mushrooms and concealed them inside my coat, and said I wanted to take a walk in the woods. Once I was a little way from camp I took the portabella mushrooms out of the package and put them in my floppy boonie hat that I had been wearing.

I walked back into camp with the mushrooms in my hat and announced, "Look, I found us some mushrooms for dinner."

One fellow said, "What? you would have be crazy to eat those."

I responded, "No, I think these are Morels, I saw a picture of them in a book once."

Another guy said, "No, I know Morels, those aren't morels."

I said, "They look just like morels to me." I took one of the portabellas out of my hat and took a bite out of it.

One yelled, "I know Morels, THOSE AREN'T MORELS!!"

The other guy yelled, "spit it out, SPIT IT OUT!!"

A third yelled, "Don't swallow it!"

Just as I was going to start faking foaming at the mouth the other buddy who had went into town with me and knew what I was up to couldn't keep it together anymore and began laughing, and the jig was up.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by RAS

A guy takes one of those plastic worm bait containers and removes most of the dirt but keeps worms in there. Guy replaces dirt by taking a dump in container and mixing it up and gives container to brother. Goes fishing and asks brother to dig out a few worms for him.

Dayom, that is some kind of schidt right there. Could make for a real long day in the boat...or maybe a real short one.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by westside_benny
Originally Posted by RAS

Dayom, that is some kind of schidt right there. Could make for a real long day in the boat...or maybe a real short one.

Question is... Did the fish like it? laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
I think there would be a fight if I stuck my fingers in cshit.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I think there would be a fight if I stuck my fingers in cshit.

Can't be THAT much worse than some of the stink baits I've had.

Some of them... well, you didn't open in the house or your pickup. eek

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I think I'd open the container, take one whiff, and the prankster would be wearing that schidt.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

For God's sake, put a little less starch in your BVD's.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't go to hunting camp to play practical jokes or try to act like an idiot. If you have to do that to be entertained, I don't want to hang out with you, let alone hunt out of the same camp.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Back in the 80's a bunch of us went to camp for a work weekend. I invited a coworker to ride along, just to get away for the weekend. We had a camp cook at that time that enjoyed stirring things up. He'd always try to get under someone's skin. I gave my buddy a little heads-up about "Diffy" on the drive to camp. Morning after the 1st night Diffy wasn't to happy. I found later out on the ride home my buddy put a few toothpicks in Diffy sleeping bag before he crawled in knowing he'd never get blamed for it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Littered a buddy's tent inside and out with an entire 'combat assault sized' bag of Chips Ahoy cookies one night while he was on a beer run.

Had about 20 raccoons take over his campsite in the dark. crazy

Then we ratched-strapped the door shut on the porto-potty whith same guy inside of it the next morning.

Good times

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I took my grandkids, an 8 year old boy and a 10 year old girl hiking last summer. They weren't paying much attention to me where we stopped for a little break. I opened a big bag of peanut M&Ms and found a nice handful of the dark brown ones and arraigned them with the "M"s down. When they came back and we started our hike again, we went a little ways and I pointed the pile out and said "look an elk was here". I picked some up and sniffed it and said, "it's pretty fresh too," I tossed a few in my mouth and started chewing it up and said, "It was a big 'ol bull elk too". You had to see the looks on their faces right then to appreciate the joke. I couldn't help it, I lost my straight face and burst out laughing. I gave them the rest of the M&Ms in the bag and picked up the brown ones for myself. Paige told me, "Grandpa, I almost threw up", but she still was laughing too. Their new joke on me, is whenever they see a turd of any kind along the trail, they say, "Hey Grandpa, what do these kind taste like"? 😊

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Interesting thread. I've never liked people that get their jollies at someone else's expense. Tells you all you need to know about that person.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You're a barrel of laughs.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sharpsguy
I don't go to hunting camp to play practical jokes or try to act like an idiot. If you have to do that to be entertained, I don't want to hang out with you, let alone hunt out of the same camp.

This thread's turning into a real kgunt magnet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Really? I just can't take life that seriously. We're on this rock for way too few days to be so puckered about everything. There's nothing wrong with a little harmless good-natured fun. Guess we'll never hang out sharpsguy.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeez to hear some of these sour puss's whine, I guess we should all have a sign at the trail head leading into camp that says something like, NO SMILING, LAUGHING, OR FUN TIMES BEYOND THIS POINT. IF YOU WANT TO HUNT HERE, BE 101% HUMOR FREE! ANYONE CAUGHT SMILING OR HAVING A GOOD TIME WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Any one that jacks with someone else for their own amusement where I hang out and with who I hang out with could easily get shot on sight by several different people.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A day without humor is a day wasted.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Deprive me of my sleep or my grub and you got yourself a wolverine on your hands! grin

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jacques_La_Rami
I took my grandkids, an 8 year old boy and a 10 year old girl hiking last summer. They weren't paying much attention to me where we stopped for a little break. I opened a big bag of peanut M&Ms and found a nice handful of the dark brown ones and arraigned them with the "M"s down. When they came back and we started our hike again, we went a little ways and I pointed the pile out and said "look an elk was here". I picked some up and sniffed it and said, "it's pretty fresh too," I tossed a few in my mouth and started chewing it up and said, "It was a big 'ol bull elk too". You had to see the looks on their faces right then to appreciate the joke. I couldn't help it, I lost my straight face and burst out laughing. I gave them the rest of the M&Ms in the bag and picked up the brown ones for myself. Paige told me, "Grandpa, I almost threw up", but she still was laughing too. Their new joke on me, is whenever they see a turd of any kind along the trail, they say, "Hey Grandpa, what do these kind taste like"? 😊

LMAO! Thanks for the idea, my granddaughters will never forget it.....

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
On a fishing trip we had a guy that snored REAL Bad. We all sleep in tents . My brother was one of his tent mates and got a idea. About 5 minutes after the light where out. My brother rolled over and patted the snoring guys ass and said "Later baby after the guys get to sleep!" We all but him got a good night sleep!

just for Fun
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Jacques_La_Rami

LMAO! Thanks for the idea, my granddaughters will never forget it.....

Milkduds work even better, and look the part.....lol

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I took a road flare and put about 10"of cannon fuse in it. I lit the fuse and threw it into the tent with a young fellow that wasn't pulling his weight.I told him it had a 10 second fuse on it.

Sure changed his attitude

Last edited by saddlesore; 04/22/17.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
In 1980, my bother, a friend and I were drop camped into the Eagle Cap wilderness in Oregon. We were all pretty green in terms of mountain and wilderness hunting. My friends tent was close to a fire ring and cooking utensils. My brother and I shared a tent 20 yards away.
The first night, we tied a string to some of the cooking utensils and ran the string to out tent. After we all were in our sleeping bags for about 1/2 hour, we tugged on the string and rattled the cooking utensils. Then we stepped out of our tent and started firing some big hand guns and hollering "bear"
Our buddy darn near tore down his tent trying to get out of his tent. We laughed our ass off at him, but when he came out of the tent he had a 9MM in his hand. Its a wonder he didn't shoot us.

NRA Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kellory

Milkduds work even better, and look the part.....lol

Tootsie Roll.. outside the monkey cage at the zoo... grin

If you don't have one, you can substitute a Baby Ruth. whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
There were some in our youth, but I've grown past the desire for that stuff anymore.

Instead, now you occasionally make smart alecie comments on the web.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by rost495

Instead, now you occasionally make smart alecie comments on the web.

There's that word again.

You ought to copyright it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"That word. I do not think it means, what you think it means."

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
When I was a teen we used to go fishing to Canada a few weeks every summer. It was my dad and a few of his buddies, WWII vets or that age group at least, and about as many of their male kids like me. This was in the 60s and 70s so they weren't that old yet. The group would usually be 15 - 25 people and two or three boats and three or four campers. One year my dad invited his friend Ken, and that guy was a jerk. He was bitching before we got to the first town 50 miles North of home, Lusk, and bitched all the rest of the way too. We kinda had a tradition of swapping around passengers in the trucks so everybody got new people to talk to for a while. By the time we had stopped half a dozen times nobody wanted Ken in their ride anymore. My dad got stuck with him, not me I was car hopping to all the other rides.

Poor ol' Ken, he had it figured down to the penny what fuel was gonna cost, he didn't approve of playing cards for money. He knew who got the best deal and who got screwed at each restaurant when everybody just chipped in, he didn't think any joke was funny, and he knew the order from those of us who cussed the most to the least, he not only didn't approve of alcohol or cigarettes, but would even bitch when he saw someone take a chew. I guess he figured someone was gonna add tobacco and booze to his end of the expense.

We all thought my dad was going to have the longest drive ever to Lake La Ronge, but we pulled into some little bitty town near the border in North Dakota and my dad and Ken were having a heated discussion. My dad kicked him out and told him to take a bus home or call his wife or adult kids to come get him. We all left him there, looking mad, but he was used to it, he had been mad since he left home, and probably was for years before that. The rest of us went on, told jokes, played poker, caught fish, had a few drinks, and had a good ol' time. Best joke of the trip was still the look on Ken's face when we left him at the gas station. We were still laughing about that one 30 years later.

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Nothing like a good camp cook to improve dispositions after a cold, wet, unsuccessful hunt... smile

And you and Kaywoodie are 2 of the best. Definitely worth the price of admission for pulled pork, bbq brisket and more great peach cobbler than can be put away.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One thing I notice abut these prank threads (there have been others in the past) is they ALL are about "we or I or someone I know did something to someone else" and it was so damn funny, we (I) laughed our asses off.

I've read the whole thread and unless I missed it, haven't seen one mention of "some guys did something to me and I damn near broke my leg/was humiliated/shot someone by mistake/ruined a $200 pair of boots" and oh, man, it was so funny, I laughed and laughed! Geez, I wish they'd play jokes on me like that every week.

What generally happens is, someone plays a joke, the victim is humiliated and almost injured or for real injured and is madder than hell while everyone else laughs at his expense - the madder the victim the greater the laughter. So then the victim turns around and does unto others what he hates to have done unto himself.

And there endeth the Sunday morning sermon. wink

Now this will spark the counters of, "oh yeah? well I have a great sense of humor and love it when people play practical jokes on me and ruin my hunt/ruin my clothes/put my life and limbs in danger."

Too late - you'd just be responding to a challenge now. If someone were going to claim that they would already have done so without being prompted.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
Get shot on a lease for what? A harmless prank?

This. Seasoned hunters who are friends go hunt for the comradery as well as the meat. Most seriousness is saved for hunting.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I took a road flare and put about 10"of cannon fuse in it. I lit the fuse and threw it into the tent with a young fellow that wasn't pulling his weight.I told him it had a 10 second fuse on it.

Sure changed his attitude

Hahah. I wonder if he left through the door.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Great stories on here posted by many.

Great jokes and thread Hanco. Had a good laugh.

Worm crapper woulda got crap on him.

Thanks for posting Barry, Jacq, and others. I cant believe i didnt think of the morel or mm trick.

I Dindo Nuffin
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Our biggest standing prank came about by accident. In 1994 my dad, brother, and I were elk hunting in Idaho, just north of McCall. The second day of the season I shot a big 5x5 early enough in the day that I was able to gut, skin, and remove the head and still get back to camp in time to retrieve an axe and packboard to finish the job.

I didn't want the head just sitting there in an unattended camp so I put some cardboard down in the trailer and put the head in it, facing the door. It just turned out that way. When my dad got back to camp he opened the door to find a big bull head looking at him. Both he and my brother figured it was a joke, so now when one of us kills a bull we stash the head where the others will find it.

That's about it, I don't get off on screwing with family.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
I had a lot of crap done to me. I'm easily startled. I've had the SOB's grab my leg from under the truck, jump out behind bushes, they get up early to get in my stand before me " scares cshit out of me to open door and get grabbed"

We have a cowbell that makes the rounds now. You never know when your jeep is gonna be clanging. There is a magnetic gay pride sign making the rounds also.

All in fun!!! I enjoy getting as well as giving!!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The biography of William O. Douglas had some good ones in it, perpetrated by the Justice himself.

Like stopping up the flue so the cabin filled with smoke, and saving a few trout heads from the previous evening's dinner to place in the bottom of the coffee mugs of his pals, so that they wouldn't find them until they drained the contents....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a good prank pulled on me. Seems the joker in question (who still hasn't come forward) used a cargo strap to lock me in a bathroom. (Wrapped around the knob, and anchored to some shelving.)
But, being that I am a belt and suspender type, (never leave home without knife, fire, and flashlight type) I still had a few screwdriver tips and a 1/4" handle in my pocket. (Never a bad idea to carry).
I disassembled the lock, exited, then reassembled the lock. Left it as I found it, and they never did find out how I got out.
I never said a word about it.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A large zip-tie around your driveshaft with the tag left long, makes for some startled looks. (Ask me how I know)

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Some of you are wound a little to tight.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I have this uncle who used the backside of an axe against the trunk of a snow laden jack pine to make for one of the most memorable group photos in camp history. The timer on the old Canon film camera snapped just in time to catch a couple hundred pounds of snow cascading down on 9 smiling guys who were about to hop in the trucks to head home after a 10 day hunt.

The time the lawn chairs were forgotten so logs were chainsawed off at the appropriate height. Except for the one for Francis, he'd been in the hooch after camp was setup and in the interest of his personal safety his chair was cut only about 3 inches tall. It seems that mass quantity of bourbon can affect depth perception and he decided to sit down in his seat. He was still pissed 20 years later.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
While hunting deer near Ft Laramie a few years ago, me and a buddy, Mark, were walking up this draw. I was about halfway up the right side and he was going up the left side, but not as high on the his side as I was on mine. I saw something move in a fork in a big Cottonwood tree about 7' from the ground. Mark was closer than I was to it but didn't have the angle to see what I was looking at. What I could see that he couldn't was a pair of coon ears and the top of a scrunched down coon head hiding in a small hollow in that tree.

"Psssst Mark," I got his attention, "Lean your rifle on that tree over there," I pointed to a different tree. And in a just loud enough whisper and hand signals I continued, "Now pick up that stick," pionting," and "Go to that tree and poke around in the fork of it just there above your head". I still can't believe he done each step that I had told him and never asked why, but he did. That coon sure was pissed when he thought he was hid but got poked with a stick. He jumped outa that tree growling and hissing right at Mark who's running backwards till he fell down, but fortunately, the coon didn't eat him, it just run off mad. Mark was kinda mad for a few. "Why did you tell me to do that"? he asked, "I just wanted to see if you were dumb enough to do it without wondering why," I told him, "Guess we both know now". "What was you expecting to happen anyway"? "I never thought about it I guess," he says. "See, that's what I mean". 😁

Later that day, I pointed out a knothole to him and said, "Hey Mark, come put your finger in this here knothole". "[bleep] you, you do it first", I patted him on the back laughing and said, "See you are a lot smarter this afternoon than you were this morning thanks to me".

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Oh heck. Too funny.

Man, it woulda been great hunting with you. Hopefully in the happy hunting grounds.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/23/17.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
One thing I notice abut these prank threads (there have been others in the past) is they ALL are about "we or I or someone I know did something to someone else" and it was so damn funny, we (I) laughed our asses off.

I've read the whole thread and unless I missed it, haven't seen one mention of "some guys did something to me and I damn near broke my leg/was humiliated/shot someone by mistake/ruined a $200 pair of boots" and oh, man, it was so funny, I laughed and laughed! Geez, I wish they'd play jokes on me like that every week.

What generally happens is, someone plays a joke, the victim is humiliated and almost injured or for real injured and is madder than hell while everyone else laughs at his expense - the madder the victim the greater the laughter. So then the victim turns around and does unto others what he hates to have done unto himself.

This is my sentiments also. Pranks are for kids until they are mature enough to realize they are not for anyone.

Everyday Hunter
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Some people don't like being fooled with. Usually it's people who are real full of themselves.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some people don't like being fooled with. Usually it's people who are real full of themselves.

Or it could be they have actually matured as they got passed junior high school.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pranks are for kids until they are mature enough to realize they are not for anyone.

This is a shocker.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Or it could be they have actually matured as they got passed junior high school.

Did you get past junior high school?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The way my group hunts they're mostly too damn tired to play silly games.
Nobody sits in a stand all day, they hunt some high hard country.
Speaking for myself I'm damn old for that kind of crap.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Any one that jacks with someone else for their own amusement where I hang out and with who I hang out with could easily get shot on sight by several different people.

I know just what to get you for Christmas.

Surprise!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by kingston

Did you get past junior high school?

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I passed with flying colors.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I was a teenager I hunted in a typical Georgia deer camp. you have several types of guys that are in every camp. In our camp you had the brother of the president who had stands in every patch of woods around. He spent the whole season trying to kill the buck others seen by positioning himself in one of his stands closest to where ever a deer was seen. One morning my friend Ralph saw a nice buck running along the ridge above the main creek. As he told the story I see the president's brother paying close attention. I immediately got in my truck and drove down to the creek. Knowing where he would be hunting the next morning, I went in and removed all of the victim's bright eye trail markers that lead to his stand and placed them in a big circle. The next day at lunch the said victim arrives in camp at lunch and says that he got lost going to his stand that morning. Only to find himself 40 yards from his truck come daylight.
The next fellow was the guy that knows every deer on the lease by name and likes giving advice on how to kill each deer. But he rarely ever kills one himself. One evening after an unsuccessful hunt. my partner and I got an idea. Knowing that Natiebumpo was leaving, we strapped a set of rattling antlers to a leather boot and positioned it even with the back door window of my buddies Bronco. When Natiebumpo approached the back end of our vehicle while driving out. We saw him hit his brights, knowing he had seen the back of our "trophy bucks" head. We rolled up the electric rear window ,speed up and away. The next day the President of the club called me and asked me if we had any luck the day before. I said "nope"!
The ever popular making giant buck sign near someones stand to keep them from wandering is always a fun one. It also tells you who will share their finding with the guys who say nothing.
The guys I hunt with all have a light heart and are there to have fun. We hunt hard but it is the laughs that we have on each others expense that make the memories. We all have nick names for each other, usually spun out of a practical joke, If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Reading some of yall's disdain for practical jokes makes me think. Gee's these guys need to lighten up. You would not last long around my crew.

Last edited by 348winchester; 04/23/17.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Hahaha. Most places i hunt dont have booners so things dont bet too serious. grin

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Back when younger in NEPA we used to set up g hogs we shot and make them seem somewhat real..... I know a few folks following behind us shot quite a few. Some would last from week to week and when shot then would vaporize like a pd. Funny stuff.

hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
The first lease I was on was all plumbers and pipe fitters. We had one fitter that had 3 sons. They were like 9,10, 12 years old. Now Gerald liked his Miller beer. He could drink a case of beer from Houston to San Antonio, another to Ozona. When they got there the 12 year old was driving cause he was so drunk.

Gerald always got up that next morning, no matter how hung over he was. Gerald had the best stand on the lease. Three canyons came together, his stand on the middle hill. It was the best because of the windmill-water trough in the bottom. They had two 30 06's, usually one box of shells. Sometimes when I heard them shooting I would go over there in my jeep to see if I needed to haul a deer back to camp. They sometimes would be down there counting bullet strikes in the dirt to see if they possibly hit the deer or not. They didn't shoot real well to say the least.

We cut a deer out of plywood,attached a nice set of antlers to it. We staked it out by the foot trough. We were all waiting on the hill for daylight. Gerald and his sons shot up every shell they had with them. They fired 18 times at that piece of plywood. He was pretty pissed, but one of the guys had another box of shells, so he was ok. There were no holes in the dummy deer. It was about a 200 yard shot.

I had forgotten about that until I read some of the other posts. My son would fall for that for sure. I may have to do that this year.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We called this dog in, Jeff shot him and when we got back to the truck we decided to leave him rather than deal with the hide. The next day we hunted the same area and he was froze solid so we stood him up, got this photo, then left him stood up next to the road.

[Linked Image]

I'm sure somebody got an adrenalin rush out of it. grin

Last edited by Fireball2; 04/23/17.

LOL
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
I bet they did. Be good to put by someone's deer stand

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by agazain
God bless Texas. One more reason NOT to go hunting with drunks and dangerous associates. You'd get shot on a lease. gunner500 is right.

I take hunting very seriously, more seriously than most.

What I try to not take so seriously is myself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guiding gave me a chance to see most every type of hunter out there

The hardcore hunters, the guys that wanted to hunt but not really cut out for it and the jokesters

Have seen bou dicks placed in a guys sleeping bag, eyeballs etc

Most of the really funny stuff I've seen in the field wasn't the result of a prank, just chit that happens

Back in those days I was far too concentrated on killing game to mess with anybody

I like guns and alcohol but not together

Guys I hunt with we rib each other a bit to pass the evenings, but we don't prank each other much, normally just too concentrated on trying to get er done

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The biggest prankster and joker I have ever met in a hunting camp was a guide.
He was great. He kept everyone in good spirits when the weather sucked and the game wasn't moving. He got me good a couple times. Sadly he is retired now. The hunts I went on with him were some of the most memorable hunts of my life. Great hunting and lots of fun at camp.
I always tipped him real good. One year after I was done loading up I pulled him aside like always so I could slip him his tip and say goodby. Like always I had a wad of cash folded up to hand him. That year the wad was larger than it had been in the past. He did a quick thumb roll over it and his eyes got huge. It was double what I had ever given him before.
I made it to the state line before he realized the half of the bills were photo copy's of $100 bills.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm surprised how many take offense to this. I just can't take everything that seriously.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I'm surprised how many take offense to this. I just can't take everything that seriously.

They would really lose it if the topic was "Fish House Pranks"

Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

They would really lose it if the topic was "Fish House Pranks"
Boy, ain't that the truth! As me about the rubber boot I reeled in some time.....

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Worst part was, the sumbiches used MY BOOT!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't got excited and called for the gaff hook!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The BIL of a guy I used to hunt with thought it would be a great prank to change the windage setting of my scope while the rifle was in the camp gun rack. I gut shot a deer twice because of that. Good hold on the chest from the kneeling position at about 80 yards, got a decent group - two shots you could cover with your palm, right through the intestines, the second as it started to move. Fortunately I saw the blood on the back half as it ran off and even though I wasn’t sure what was going on gave it a huge hail Mary lead and put one lucky shot in the back part of the lungs so it didn’t get too far.

After I related the tale the BIL admitted what he’d done. Somehow I didn’t see the humor in it. Maybe others would.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Around 1960 an older fellow I worked with took me to a deer camp with he and his buddies. While there he told me about an incident from several years before. Someone shot a black bear and two of the hunters got it back to camp before the other hunters arrived.

They took the bear and propped him onto the seat in the back house. Later that evening one of their group went to use the facilities. As it was dark out he had a flash light which he shone into the back house as he opened the door. The results were predictable, but only the two jokers got to enjoy the pandemonium.

Jim

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The BIL of a guy I used to hunt with thought it would be a great prank to change the windage setting of my scope while the rifle was in the camp gun rack. I gut shot a deer twice because of that. Good hold on the chest from the kneeling position at about 80 yards, got a decent group - two shots you could cover with your palm, right through the intestines, the second as it started to move. Fortunately I saw the blood on the back half as it ran off and even though I wasn’t sure what was going on gave it a huge hail Mary lead and put one lucky shot in the back part of the lungs so it didn’t get too far.

After I related the tale the BIL admitted what he’d done. Somehow I didn’t see the humor in it. Maybe others would.

This is not a prank, this is idiocy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was a prank. At least the prankster thought so. He had a good laugh about it when I got back to camp with a deer with two bullet holes in the guts and was giving me a real hard time about being such a lousy shot. When he finally confessed to the deed I told him he was an ass hole and he got real offended and said I was a jerk because I couldn't take a joke.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

That's not a prank, that's a bloody nose.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

That's not a prank, that's a bloody nose.

Yep.

Don't touch my hat or my gun.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

That's not a prank in my book. A prank is harmless. It's bad enough that you gut shot the buck but imagine if you'd missed the buck of a lifetime.

Some people have no common sense.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smokepole

That's not a prank in my book. A prank is harmless. It's bad enough that you gut shot the buck but imagine if you'd missed the buck of a lifetime.

Some people have no common sense.

It may someone their life, if they were depending on that weapon for self defense.

Stupid beyond reason.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll just state for the record that, roadrunner is edible, but not particularly close to quail in taste smirk

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
best and longest running prank was from a bowhunt. Three of us made a bet that who killed the biggest buck had to buy supper on the 18 hr trip back. My buddy accidently shot a button buck just at dark and we rode him hard. We fell over laughing and said we would pass on a booner just so he could win now. My mother later that night as we were all watching TV, told him that "he should really let the little ones grow up" and all he could do was spit and sputter. He said she was cruel as she knew he could not say anything as he was in her house. We started calling him "Buttons" on the trip back and he got so mad he would not talk to us and he was always the first to rib someone else and give them grief. Only time in his life he did not talk for 18 hours. He had also taken the head and buried it in a field right next to where we process the deer after he dressed it as he knew we were going to have it mounted and presented at the annual awards banquet for a Sportsmand club.

Fast forward three years, two of us drove back to MO again with his stands and bow and he flew out. When he arrived my brother jumped his case about burying deer heads in the field and letting them "grow" to and puncturing tractor tires. He had planted an 8 point rack in the ground about half buried and walked him to it and showed him. When he got to his stand (same one he shot buttons out of) later, he found a framed picture hanging on his stand of Buttons and this title "Here lies Buttons shot by that dirty rotten bastard XXXX. Signed the deer." He caught hell again all that week and is still known as Buttons.

Last edited by BountyHunter; 04/24/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I really wouldn't appreciate someone messing with my gun and/or scope. Chances to get a deer just don't come along every 10 minutes, and Lord know's I've done a good enough job of screwing up a few opportunities all by my self. I've got to agree with the others here-while this may be a "prank" no one's laughing about this one. Keep your schidthooks off my gun.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
It was a prank. At least the prankster thought so. He had a good laugh about it when I got back to camp with a deer with two bullet holes in the guts and was giving me a real hard time about being such a lousy shot. When he finally confessed to the deed I told him he was an ass hole and he got real offended and said I was a jerk because I couldn't take a joke.

That is a sociopath not a prankster.

Completely F'd up and on an entirely different level than eating Milk Duds in front of your grandkids.

Seriously though....

Milk Duds?

Gross!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
About the worst I can think of is pretty darned tame compared to lots of what I've read here.

We once fed a buddy a gadwall and a teal but told him it was a sharptail grouse and a hungarian partridge. He was unimpressed with our cooking skills.

Not really a prank, but still funny/cute. Dad packed up one of the younger nephews for an afternoon of deer hunting. Kid was 8-9. Dad had killed a deer in the AM, gutted it and left it in the snow to cool. Dad and the nephew were driving along and dad stopped and said, "Well, let's just take that one home." and loaded up the deer like that's how it was done, just find a dead deer with no guts and load them up.

Lots of good-natured ribbing but no other real practical jokes. Grandma's house is the closest thing we have to "deer camp" and grandma doesn't allow any sort of alcohol in the house so things stay mighty tame.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
This one older big mouthed know it all guy that I couldn't stand went hunting with a big group. One guy had a cow tag and connected on day 1 or 2. We had him cut out the vaginal and anal patch so it made a small blanket and once he was asleep (passed out drunk) we stuffed it under his blankets but first we painted his nasty ass toenails pink. Knowing that he could always dish it out and never take it we'd hoped that he'd leave early. He did but apparently was in such a rush to get away from us that he didn't realize his toenails were pink. Some guy in a truck stop bathroom saw his pretty pinky toes (he always wore flip flops) and propositioned him thinking he was a freak at a rest stop looking for a piece of trucker ass. I still chuckle thinking back on how mad he was and how much he wanted to punch me but he knew pink toenails and an elk pusssy wasn't a good reason to die. 😉

I f'ckd with him until he finally quit and still wish I'd have just beat the f'ck out of him for the fun of it. Even his "friends" didn't like him...

That was unkind!!!

I laughed my ass off until it hurt!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by agazain

In many years of dealing with different hunters from many states and more countries the worst I ever dealt with were from Texas... I agree... your chances of getting shot by someone off a lease is greater.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

For God's sake, put a little less starch in your BVD's.

Yup...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Really? I just can't take life that seriously. We're on this rock for way too few days to be so puckered about everything. There's nothing wrong with a little harmless good-natured fun. Guess we'll never hang out sharpsguy.

+1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You never mess with a man's gun, vehicle, or family. In any way. Pranks can be fun, but some [bleep] always has to one up someone, at any cost.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
You never mess with a man's gun, vehicle, or family. In any way. Pranks can be fun, but some [bleep] always has to one up someone, at any cost.
Yeah, I would never mess with a man's gun. That's just not cool.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Nope. Never fool with personal things. Most of the Yankees I have encountered don't like pranks too much. We do a lot of pranks at work. Greasing door handles, putting garbage bags of packing p-nuts in the other guys vans, jacking one wheel of their van up so when they take off it won't move. Nothing malicious, just Mickey Mouse stuff. I can't tell you how many of the big tie-wraps I've cut off my driveshaft. You don't dare leave your van running with keys in it, you will find it on the other side of building. We have a lot of fun. I guess I will never grow up. That would be very dull for me.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I had a friend in high-school who was pretty much oblivious to everything when he drove. I would often slip his auto tranny into neutral @ stoplights and around corners. That was always good for a laugh from everyone except him.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

222 members (12344mag, 2UP, 163bc, 257 mag, 007FJ, 27 invisible), 1,869 guests, and 981 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,277
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.