Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
nutsacktroller: Spoken like a TRUE, self described "turd-like person"!
The movie your turdlike brain described as "sucking" earned MORE than $215,000,000 (two hundred and fifteen million dollars) in profit for its producers - SO FAR!
Remember turd that is PROFIT - money above the costs of making the movie!
Then the movie that the turd in question here describes as "sucking" was nominated for 10 (ten!) Academy Awards and 8 (eight) British Academy of Film Awards and NUMEROUS other awards as well as these.
Add to that the fact that "I" actually (to my great surprise and pleasure!) enjoyed the Jeff Bridges version of True Grit more than the original film.
So, thats the "SO" there nutsacktroller - you ought to try to keep your ignorance a bit more of a secret - but I guess that would be impossible for a self described TURD?
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
regardless of if someone likes the movie or not, you need the dogshit slapped out of you.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by MadMooner
It means you've been through the proverbial ringer....for better or worse.

No offense intended Mooner. I am aware of the inference. But, if you dissect this statement to its literal definition it means nothing. It's just some goofy quoted jibberish from junior high that makes the others laugh.

Non taken!

JTx gets a little sideways at times. I don't take it too seriously and enjoy it.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by KFWA
Hondo is my favorite Wayne movie. I'm also a fan of Angel and the Badman.

as for Tucker, I think people are going to be disappointed with him in the long run. Well, if you are a fan of Bill O' Reilly you won't be.

The Searchers

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
For fans of special effects, wasnt it great seeing the skeletons fight in Pirates of the Caribbean? smirk

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
For fans of special effects, wasnt it great seeing the skeletons fight in Pirates of the Caribbean? smirk

Now that WAS quite a treat from the silver screen.

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
Watched Tucker and Hannity a bit, then switched over to watch True Grit.

No John Wayne, no Kim Darby, no Glen Campbell and no fuggin good.

WTF has happened to the fugging US neighborhood?

No wonder youngsters think True Grit is no good.

We're screwed because a remake of one of the classics doesn't live up to expectations? If so, then we're really, really screwed.

You're right, smokepole. We're screwed, period. frown

I Dindo Nuffin
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
"Can't hardly stand the sound of that whiny little gal in the original."

Me too. I kept hoping Wayne would haul off and knock her on her ass.

I din't know there was another version of Grit with Warren Oates. I'll have to chase that one down. I do have copies of the one with Wayne and with Bridges. Like them both.

I have all three copies of King Kong. Love the first one. As kid I though Faye Wray was hot, even with her phony Mayfair accent all Hollywood females were suppose to talk with. The second while watchable was really a stinker. The third added back scenes that were deleted from the original, mainly where they all fell into that canyon and got eaten up my nasty critters. The original directors were right if removing them. Naomi Watts made watching that one a pleasure.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Jeff Bridges version matched the book better than Wayne's version.

Not really. There were a number of scenes in True Grit II that were not in Portis' book. I.e, the entire bit of the hanging man in the tree, the "wild" man scene, etc.

Of course, in True Grit I, some of that was created through the imagination of the screenwriter. I.e., the Texas Ranger, LaBoeuf (Glen Campbell), was not killed, but after the fighting was over and Rooster had taken Mattie away for medical help, recovered the corpse of Tom Chaney from the pit of rattlesnakes and took it back to Texas.

That's just the way things are done in Hollywood. No need to try and make sense of it. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by EdM
My uncle, a cowboy, a favorite, put a bullet through his head in his back yard when he landed on not being pleased with where things were heading. He was 73. This was near twenty years ago. One would be hard pressed to find a tougher, yet kind, man.

Fascinating.

The word always reminds me of a joke. Each day, the teacher had a "word of the day", and she would call on a student to use the word of the day in a sentence. She learned right off, she couldn't trust little Johnny, because he would always use the word in a "dirty" sentence. So she had to be careful about calling on him. Well one day, the word was fascinate. She thought to herself that Johnny couldn't really do much with fascinate, so she called on him. "Johnny, can you use the word fascinate, in a sentence", she asked. "I sure can" said Johnny. "My parents bought my sister a beautiful sweater that has 10 buttons on it, for Christmas. But, her phokeing tits are so big, she can only fasten 8. See you Monday, teacher".

35 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I watched In Harms Way last night.
Another great John Wayne movie!
I thought True Git II was ok.
I liked Jeff Bridges in Thunderbolt and Lightfoot also.

Last edited by 35; 04/22/17.
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Never read the book, "True Grit". And I watched John Wayne portray "Rooster" several times before I saw him in "True Grit".

John Wayne is the definitive "Rooster" to me. Anyone else attempting to play the part makes for a damned poor substitute.

And I loved Kim Darby as the spoiled little rich girl standing up and becoming a woman to do her duty as she saw it.

I finally watched the Jeff Bridges version of "True Grit" when it came out at Red Box. I was sorely disappointed in the film, but then, I had expected to be.

I don't think I have ever agreed with the critics on any film. That should not be any surprise, as I view films from a very different perspective than the critics. The critics are, as a group, priviliged, liberal, elitest ass holes. Just like the actors, producers, and directors.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I really enjoyed the remake and appreciate Hollywood doing good westerns. Westerns are rare these days and I'd really like to see more of them so I'll try to support them for their westerns rather then run them down. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

as for Tucker, I think people are going to be disappointed with him in the long run. Well, if you are a fan of Bill O' Reilly you won't be.

The Searchers

I like The Searchers, and Red River, but to me , no movie personifies John Wayne like Hondo. Its only downfall is it was made during the 3D movie craze of the 50's. I guess people knock it because its not a John Ford Directed Western.

Last edited by KFWA; 04/22/17.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
"We are screwed, blued, and tatooed."

??

What does this mean? Do you ever consider the words that come out of your mouth?

Actually thats what a Navy man does while on the beach.Goes back a long way in Navy History.Been there, done it!!! grin

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
"We are screwed, blued, and tatooed". Back in my Navy days 2 out of 3 of them were sex acts.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The Searchers

"The Searchers" is my favorite John Wayne Movie! And John Ford new how to film & direct, too.
If you ever get a chance to see Monument Valley up close and in person, it is unbelievably huge, and well worth the trip!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
"We are screwed, blued, and tatooed."

??

What does this mean? Do you ever consider the words that come out of your mouth?

No! grin

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by sactoller
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Jeff Bridges version matched the book better than Wayne's version.

So? It still sucked!

Did not suck,was just different.John Wayne was John Wayne no matter if he played Rooster Cogburn or Davey Crocket at the Alamo.People went to John Wayne movies to see John Wayne.As an actor he was one dimensional.He was very good at playing John Wayne.

Yeah, it was different, like quueerr. Now that we agree, GFY. wink

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Some of youse guys would be in hog haven (sp) if they remade Wizard of Oz and Gone With the Wind and Old Yeller with modern "effects".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Watched Tucker and Hannity a bit, then switched over to watch True Grit.

No John Wayne, no Kim Darby, no Glen Campbell and no fuggin good.

WTF has happened to the fugging US neighborhood?

No wonder youngsters think True Grit is no good.

Saw "Hell or High Water" this winter, it was up for an Oscar. It was a good movie, funny, western, modern and had jeff bridges in it.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
694 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 78 invisible), 2,730 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,948
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.