Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Trump Flip Flops On Obama's DACA "Dream Act" He say's "It's a case of the heart."

Until recently informed by Ann Coulter to the contrary, I was operating under the assumption that Trump undid Obama's "Dreamer Act" (executive order) within days of taking office, as he promised. I hadn't even bothered to follow up, so confident was I in his authenticity.

All these emotion based flip flops are making it appear that we elected Suzy Homemaker president instead of the hard-nosed, no nonsense, businessman, he portrayed himself to be.

A sad picture made him cry, so he launched missiles at an Assad regime military instillation, and now this. What's next?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let's use our political brains here. NO President is going to get 100% of his stuff done and passed. They are President, not King. While Trump may have wanted to boot the Dreamers out, he goes to Washington and finds out the there is no phoucing to do it practically or in theory. There is zero political support.

What do you do then, fight a lost cause? No, you move on! Next item. Let's see what I can do with that.

The one thing he can do is tighten up the Border, and you've seen the Left resist it mightily, AND there are many reports that just Trumps attempts and rhetoric have had illegals leave and interviews done in Mexico show many have no intention of returning. That is results.

Trump will not get Obamacare repealed. I see now that the Dems put a poison pill in it to make it politically impossible. The Dems GAVE healthcare to millions. Once given, no politician dares to take it away or they will get killed at the polls.

Best that can be down is allow people to shop across state lines and exempt people from having an ACA approved plan. Just have a minimum play
That stuff is the realities of politics.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hatari
There is zero political support.
Huh?? It's what got him elected. crazy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Suzy Homemaker?? I bet he don't even know how to cook.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As long as HRC isn't in the whitehouse IDGAF.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Zero political support by the people that now count - Congress!

Wise up, booting out the Dreamers is political suicide. If Trump and the GOP run off a bunch kids, the Dems will run commercials about the "poor tragic children who are here of no fault of their own and are driven away". It will be worse than those damned ASPCA commercials with the shivering sad puppies and violin music.

You might as well ask Congress " Hey, pee on this electric fence!".
Answer is: "F.U.! You think I'm crazy?"

The people that swung this election were voters in the Midwest. WVA, PA, OH, MI, WI. They want jobs. They are 1000x more interested in the coal trains running than whose gardner need deporting.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So........TRH got took by a politician.

What is the world coming to?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
looks like TRH is still a hillary fan. laughing

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

Yup. Plus at least one Supreme Court Justice.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Brazos

Yup. Plus at least one Supreme Court Justice.
That's wonderful, but drastic action was needed to save our nation from ruin, which is why we elected the man who promised it. The time is past for saving our nation by fixing the court one retired justice at a time. The time for that was thirty years ago. Too little, too late.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Dude, I just spent eight years, more if you count Bush, being outraged by everything the president did. I'm going to turn off my outrage meter for a while and accept the 80% solution for the time being.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

There it is!! 'nuff said!! Besides I put dreamers so far down the to do list. Focus on legislature and the BIG ticket items.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Trump Flip Flops On Obama's DACA "Dream Act" He say's "It's a case of the heart."

Now we know what happened to RobJordan.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Dude, I just spent eight years, more if you count Bush, being outraged by everything the president did. I'm going to turn off my outrage meter for a while and accept the 80% solution for the time being.

+1 I'll give him a chance. USA has more respect world wide than we have had in the last 10 years. The Kenyan made a hell of a mess, it will take much longer than 3 months to fix it.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
If you folks keep giving him a pass, he's going to make a habit of breaking promises.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Until recently informed by Ann Coulter to the contrary, I was operating under the assumption that Trump undid Obama's "Dreamer Act" (executive order) within days of taking office, as he promised. I hadn't even bothered to follow up, so confident was I in his authenticity.

All these emotion based flip flops are making it appear that we elected Suzy Homemaker president instead of the hard-nosed, no nonsense, businessman, he portrayed himself to be.

A sad picture made him cry, so he launched missiles at an Assad regime military instillation, and now this. What's next?
I will admit it is VERY early in his term but thus far, Trump has been THE best President since I was born. That includes Kennedy and Reagan.

Let's contrast him with Hillary...no new gun control and some edicts actually rolled back. No expansion of Zerocare and a serious attempt to repeal and replace. Serious consequences for enemies that have tried to [bleep] with us. I have no idea how many illegals have self-deported, but the numbers are significant. And finally, look at the economy. The stock market has upticked very significantly. Housing starts are up. Jobs seem to have turned around and we are at the very least talking about building stuff here again rather than how cheap it is to build [bleep] in Venezuala or some such [bleep].

Trump has been better than I expected.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
You know what, fake hawkeye, no one cares that you are pointing out inconsistencies along the way. The bottom line is that the queen b---- is not in the WH. Trump has chosen one SCOTUS and will likely do two more. That alone changes the Country for at least a generation.
You don't understand that you can't take him literary as per the norm. But you can bust your ass trying to be critical but you'll have very few takers here.
You'll get much better reception over on the HuffPo, where morons hang out.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
“There’s nothing Trump can do that won’t be forgiven. Except change his immigration policies.” - Ann Coulter

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you folks keep giving him a pass, he's going to make a habit of breaking promises.

I'm not giving him a pass on anything. But I also don't expect everything to get done in "the first 100 days!"

I believe to prioritize is pretty smart right now. Especially, when he needs to win over some friends to get the bigger stuff done.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

621 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,933 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,704
Posts18,456,820
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.