Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Hi guys,

New bow time for me and I want to finally splurge a bit and get a Hoyt.

I have played around with my friends and I know what I want, I want to order from a place that has a good reputation and get it all set up perfectly for me.

I just dont really have the opportunity to go to a shop as I wont be in town again for several months and I want to get it fairly quickly so I can do tons of practice and get used to it before next season.

For the record, I want a defiant carbon and I want the bone collector black out.

Thanks!!!

BP-B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Places I have dealt with:

http://www.lancasterarchery.com

Probably not the cheapest, but they stand by their sales and service in my experience.

This vendor is not a Hoyt dealer, but they are good for anything you want to put on the Hoyt.

https://www.eders.com

Your challenge is that most of the stocking dealers for the upper end bows are required to maintain a certain price-point on the bows, the annual discount sales are dictated by the manufacturer, not the bow shop.

Typically, this is why on you'll see some high-dollar bows on E-bay NIB for less than anywhere else on line. it generally indicates that the seller is getting out of the dealership line for the manufacturer, and dumping the remaining inventory.

Your other source is Classified ads on Archery Talk, you can snag a sweet deal there if you are watching.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Interesting, thanks for the advice.

I checked out lancaster archery, that seems like a great shop but it looks like they cant ship some bows (mathews, hoyt).

Ill give the archery talk classified adds a look.

Thanks again!!!

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Having been stationed at Wainwright, I hear you on the shipping, Alaska is a challenge for some goods.

However, your bow purchase wouldn't be the first to be shipped twice, from the L48 - to the last frontier.

It's a pain, and the extra cost sucks, but your location probably makes up for it.

Last edited by AH64guy; 04/18/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
New Hoyt bows have to be purchased at an authorized dealer. For mail order it will have to be 'used' and your warranty will be voided. If you are fine with that, then Archerytalk.com has hundreds of used bows, some great deals.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
As stated, new ones have to be bought at a pro shop.
But there are some for sale on Gunbroker, I believe last years models.
Check it out.
Also the Archerytalk forum has a classified section where used ones pop up.

NRA Patron
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I may have to get a used one or hopefuly a brand new previous years model.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a Carbon Defiant in Ridge Reaper camo. Great bow but to be honest I spend more time shooting my Satori Recurve.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Full Curl Archery in Anchorage sells Hoyt. It might be worth a call to see how much they would charge to ship one to you.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by greyghost1
Full Curl Archery in Anchorage sells Hoyt. It might be worth a call to see how much they would charge to ship one to you.

I'll give them a ring, I'll be in town in a few months, would be cool to try out a few before dropping the $$$

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought my Hoyt from Weaknecht archery

http://www.weaknechtarchery.com/

Its a little archery shop out of a basement in Kutztown, PA but they've been there for years. I remember when I was a kid getting into archery in the 90's they had a mail order catalog that went around. Not sure if they'd ship a Hoyt or not, my guess is probably no. I will say they're one of the only shops in the area that actually gives a price break on Hoyts. Everyone else seems to just be at MSRP and that's it.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Hoyt and Mathews are no-no's as far as shipping goes. I've seen more than one dealer lose the line for shipping. Both of those companies take it seriously and honestly, I like that.

FWIW -- we don't sell Hoyt or Mathews at MSRP -- but we won't ship one either. Visit some Hoyt dealers in your area. I'd bet they may have them listed at MSRP, but they'll cut you a better deal. You may have to travel a little, but it should be worth the savings.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Thanks for the tip, Ill be visiting family down south soon, so I should have the chance to go to some shops and see whats up.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
701 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 70 invisible), 3,026 guests, and 1,410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,680
Posts18,399,622
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.