Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Buddy had a couple camps in Maine on a lake. We used to go there with a gang of guys, mostly firefighters. One year the owner invited a couple cops. They were good guys and everyone had an ok time. Owner found a cap gun that belonged to his grand kid, you know the kind looks like a black revolver and the caps like percussion caps. Well one of the cops started bitchin about dinner, the owner giving it right back to him... then he went into his pocket pulled the "revolver" and fired a shot... that detective grimaced held his belly and fell on the floor thinking her was shot for about 5 seconds... I almost fell off my chair laughing so hard..

In retrospect I am glad my detective friend wasn't carrying though truth be told we were better shots then they were.

GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The guys I used to hunt with took a deer hide with the head attached and placed it over a low barbed wire fence that could be seen from the road. Sure enough a truck stopped and a kid got out and took a couple of shots. The guys were sitting on the cabin front porch and busted out laughing. A couple of years later the guy and his son showed up to use the camp shooting bench. The dad looked and his son and pointed to Randy and said "there's your buddy, remember him"? The kid looked embarrassed and said YES!
Another time Randy found a dead 8 point on the hill above the cabin. It was frozen so Randy propped it up so it could be seen from the road. They were in the cabin when the shots started. They figured the shooter had to go back to town for more shells! laugh

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Several years ago my buddy and I were Elk hunting and noticed a lot of Elk “sign” and had an idea for a practical joke to play during the next years deer hunt in California. I bought a box of junior mints for the upcoming prank. My buddy and I and his wife were out hunting and I noticed a pile of fresh deer “sign”. I palmed a couple of mints and faked picking up some of the deer sign and placed a mint in my mouth and stated that I thought the sign had been placed earlier that morning and was piping hot. His wife told me where to go as she was not falling for that stunt. Later their 12 year old son joined us and while the wife was not in the vicinity I pulled the same trick only this time my buddy asked for some of the sign and he proceeded to disagree with me and told me it was much fresher. The look on his son’s face was priceless as he was horrified and thought surely we had gone completely bonkers. My buddy fessed up right away as he did not want to harm his son’s psyche. His son is now in his 30’s and that is one of his favorite memories of the hunt.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
My favorite so far is putting a roll of "no tear" TP in the crapper (with a roll of real TP within reach). One of the guys just cut off a piece of the "no tear" TP with his pocket knife and didn't even say about anything it being hard to tear.

Last edited by victoro; 04/21/17.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Went camping with 6 buddies one fall, everyone was responsible for bringing their own food.

Me and one other guy went into town and stopped at a grocery store for dinner fixins, I got steak and large portabella mushrooms.

We got back into camp late in the afternoon after the beers had been flowing for the 4 who remained.

I grabbed the package of portabella mushrooms and concealed them inside my coat, and said I wanted to take a walk in the woods. Once I was a little way from camp I took the portabella mushrooms out of the package and put them in my floppy boonie hat that I had been wearing.

I walked back into camp with the mushrooms in my hat and announced, "Look, I found us some mushrooms for dinner."

One fellow said, "What? you would have be crazy to eat those."

I responded, "No, I think these are Morels, I saw a picture of them in a book once."

Another guy said, "No, I know Morels, those aren't morels."

I said, "They look just like morels to me." I took one of the portabellas out of my hat and took a bite out of it.

One yelled, "I know Morels, THOSE AREN'T MORELS!!"

The other guy yelled, "spit it out, SPIT IT OUT!!"

A third yelled, "Don't swallow it!"

Just as I was going to start faking foaming at the mouth the other buddy who had went into town with me and knew what I was up to couldn't keep it together anymore and began laughing, and the jig was up.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by RAS
I cannot take credit for this one. I read it here before.

A guy takes one of those plastic worm bait containers and removes most of the dirt but keeps worms in there. Guy replaces dirt by taking a dump in container and mixing it up and gives container to brother. Goes fishing and asks brother to dig out a few worms for him.

Dayom, that is some kind of schidt right there. Could make for a real long day in the boat...or maybe a real short one.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by westside_benny
Originally Posted by RAS
I cannot take credit for this one. I read it here before.

A guy takes one of those plastic worm bait containers and removes most of the dirt but keeps worms in there. Guy replaces dirt by taking a dump in container and mixing it up and gives container to brother. Goes fishing and asks brother to dig out a few worms for him.

Dayom, that is some kind of schidt right there. Could make for a real long day in the boat...or maybe a real short one.

Question is... Did the fish like it? laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
I think there would be a fight if I stuck my fingers in cshit.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
I think there would be a fight if I stuck my fingers in cshit.

Can't be THAT much worse than some of the stink baits I've had.

Some of them... well, you didn't open in the house or your pickup. eek

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I think I'd open the container, take one whiff, and the prankster would be wearing that schidt.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500
I don't like them, hunting is fun but can get very serious, jack-fuggin around with guns, alcohol [after the hunt] and spooled up emotions present is not a good idea.

Leave the damn jokes for the house.
For God's sake, put a little less starch in your BVD's.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't go to hunting camp to play practical jokes or try to act like an idiot. If you have to do that to be entertained, I don't want to hang out with you, let alone hunt out of the same camp.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Back in the 80's a bunch of us went to camp for a work weekend. I invited a coworker to ride along, just to get away for the weekend. We had a camp cook at that time that enjoyed stirring things up. He'd always try to get under someone's skin. I gave my buddy a little heads-up about "Diffy" on the drive to camp. Morning after the 1st night Diffy wasn't to happy. I found later out on the ride home my buddy put a few toothpicks in Diffy sleeping bag before he crawled in knowing he'd never get blamed for it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Littered a buddy's tent inside and out with an entire 'combat assault sized' bag of Chips Ahoy cookies one night while he was on a beer run.

Had about 20 raccoons take over his campsite in the dark. crazy

Then we ratched-strapped the door shut on the porto-potty whith same guy inside of it the next morning.

Good times

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I took my grandkids, an 8 year old boy and a 10 year old girl hiking last summer. They weren't paying much attention to me where we stopped for a little break. I opened a big bag of peanut M&Ms and found a nice handful of the dark brown ones and arraigned them with the "M"s down. When they came back and we started our hike again, we went a little ways and I pointed the pile out and said "look an elk was here". I picked some up and sniffed it and said, "it's pretty fresh too," I tossed a few in my mouth and started chewing it up and said, "It was a big 'ol bull elk too". You had to see the looks on their faces right then to appreciate the joke. I couldn't help it, I lost my straight face and burst out laughing. I gave them the rest of the M&Ms in the bag and picked up the brown ones for myself. Paige told me, "Grandpa, I almost threw up", but she still was laughing too. Their new joke on me, is whenever they see a turd of any kind along the trail, they say, "Hey Grandpa, what do these kind taste like"? 😊

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Interesting thread. I've never liked people that get their jollies at someone else's expense. Tells you all you need to know about that person.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunner500
I don't like them, hunting is fun but can get very serious, jack-fuggin around with guns, alcohol [after the hunt] and spooled up emotions present is not a good idea.

Leave the damn jokes for the house.

You're a barrel of laughs.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sharpsguy
I don't go to hunting camp to play practical jokes or try to act like an idiot. If you have to do that to be entertained, I don't want to hang out with you, let alone hunt out of the same camp.

This thread's turning into a real kgunt magnet.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sharpsguy

Really? I just can't take life that seriously. We're on this rock for way too few days to be so puckered about everything. There's nothing wrong with a little harmless good-natured fun. Guess we'll never hang out sharpsguy.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeez to hear some of these sour puss's whine, I guess we should all have a sign at the trail head leading into camp that says something like, NO SMILING, LAUGHING, OR FUN TIMES BEYOND THIS POINT. IF YOU WANT TO HUNT HERE, BE 101% HUMOR FREE! ANYONE CAUGHT SMILING OR HAVING A GOOD TIME WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

121 members (358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 22 invisible), 2,227 guests, and 902 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,649
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.