Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
(It's Barry Bonds...)

6'2 195 is the size of an average college defensive back, receiver or kicker... i.e. football's little speedbumps. Everyone else is bigger, with the exception of some novelty running backs and shorter receivers/DBs.

Are you claiming that, without steroids, it's impossible for an otherwise fit and athletic human adult male to put on 60 lean lbs?

(I'll wait for a reply that I'm defending Bonds/McGwire and therefore stupid, from posters who have no reading comprehension.)

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Why the hell does anyone care??
She's competing against women.

Does that bother you as a woman?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RJL53
Gotta be fake news, hard to believe anyone would jump that much fugly.
not really, laura ingraham and ann coulter are just fugly and guys on here ji-zz in their lawnmower-man blue dickies over them two

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadMooner
A skinny, pencil necked, Jewish, white kid from Brooklyn.

He also is the CEO of Reddit.

Kip and LaFawnduh.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
And Mark McGuire. A 52 inch chest and 34 inch waist, suddenly hitting 590 foot home runs. Gee, who would have guessed that he was cheating. Damn guy looked like Superman.

One of my coworkers was friends with a player who played for St. Louis for a year and was then traded to the Braves. He asked about McGwire and he told him he had the smallest pecker he had ever seen on a grown man and that it was a running joke in the Cardinals locker room.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
This thread (as well as a lot of other campfire gems) is a lot like watching the view.

Well, I've never watched The View. Just the thought of Rosie and Whoopie gives me mental hemorrhoids.

Those two have same affect as salt peter.

GOA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Why the hell does anyone care??
She's competing against women.

Does that bother you as a woman?

Dave

Laughing

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
This thread is entertaining +P.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Some like a woman you could hitch to a plow some don't. i don't. They don't need to be built like a clydesdale in order to buck bales or shovel manure. wink

I care not one whit whether any given athlete juices or not. It's all pretty technical now, they're all juicing just whether what particular drug or hormone they are using has been made illegal or not is the game.

Side note, how can anyone find that critter remotely stimulating?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"6'2 195 is the size of an average college defensive back, receiver or kicker... i.e. football's little speedbumps. Everyone else is bigger, with the exception of some novelty running backs and shorter receivers/DBs.

Are you claiming that, without steroids, it's impossible for an otherwise fit and athletic human adult male to put on 60 lean lbs?"

Bonds would have been playing college ball in 1990, football players were smaller back then.

Yes, any man will put on weight between the age of 21 and 31. But he will not gain 60 pounds when he is a full time, all star baseball player. And his arms will not double in size.
And, he will not go from 20 home runs, to 65 home runs in a year.

The idea that this is normal is absurd.

I see you bending over backwards to defend the Williams brothers, and now you are asserting that Bonds was not taking steroids? You really do live in la-la land, plus you really like to argue, even when your side of the argument is patently absurd.

Come on, tell the forum how Lance Armstrong was robbed of his legit Tour de France trophies. Good, all-American kid, right?

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I can't believe so many "manly" men have so much interest in a tennis player, pro or con. Any of you ladies got a favorite for Dancin' with the Stars too?

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Some like a woman you could hitch to a plow some don't. i don't. They don't need to be built like a clydesdale in order to buck bales or shovel manure. wink

It can't hurt though.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
What exactly is it that we now know for sure?

Does anyone know for sure? Gus?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Some at the fire are just dissin...their manhood threatened...by a woman?...who can beat their a$$

V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
It's a shame that I have to spell it out for you and sportingspecialgenius.

I commented initially about strength training for women, but no woman in particular. Not defending the subject of this string, but to present the notion that focused training on a genetic outlier can yield results that are difficult to accept by those not so blessed and/or those unwilling to work. I live with an outlier, and have watched her and others train. Sounds like they would terrify you, as you've obviously never been around a strong angry woman.

I asked about strength and bulk increase for a generic fit male, sans-steroids (not Bonds specifically). I made a statement foreshadowing your exact response below. Aaaaaaand, you came through.

If you don't think that a generic, unnamed, fit athletic adult male, let alone a 99th percentile specimen like an accomplished professional baseball player, a 40/40 player (one of 4, ever), a 500/500 player, a perennial all star, can put on that sort of strength and bulk over the course of a couple years without roids, then you need to learn more and fanboy the sportingspecialgenius, less. I gained 60 lbs in college (most between age of 20 and 22), playing my last season at d-end at a lean 245lbs. I got about 50% stronger in every tested powerlift. I am by no means a genetic anomaly (unrecruited white walk-on); some freak teammates transformed even more, and faster, because they had a full ride with full cafeteria access and 98th percentile genes. No roids.

Nowhere here or before did I say that the athletes named in this thread didn't roid. You have no proof on williams. McGuire admitted, and I don't recall bonds' exact outcome beyond it seeming real shady. But your stats claim below is way off: http://baseball-almanac.cloudhostedresources.com/?ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.baseball-almanac.com%2Fplayers%2Fplayer.php%3Fp%3Dbondsba01&width=1280

Bonds dabbled in the 30s and 40s long before his big season.

You are batting about .200 or less on this thread. Keep swinging.

Originally Posted by simonkenton7
"6'2 195 is the size of an average college defensive back, receiver or kicker... i.e. football's little speedbumps. Everyone else is bigger, with the exception of some novelty running backs and shorter receivers/DBs.

Are you claiming that, without steroids, it's impossible for an otherwise fit and athletic human adult male to put on 60 lean lbs?"

Bonds would have been playing college ball in 1990, football players were smaller back then.

Yes, any man will put on weight between the age of 21 and 31. But he will not gain 60 pounds when he is a full time, all star baseball player. And his arms will not double in size.
And, he will not go from 20 home runs, to 65 home runs in a year.

The idea that this is normal is absurd.

I see you bending over backwards to defend the Williams brothers, and now you are asserting that Bonds was not taking steroids? You really do live in la-la land, plus you really like to argue, even when your side of the argument is patently absurd.

Come on, tell the forum how Lance Armstrong was robbed of his legit Tour de France trophies. Good, all-American kid, right?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
You would have less explaining to do...if you would just drop it

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
What exactly is it that we now know for sure?

Does anyone know for sure? Gus?
She has to have 2 X chromosomes to get pregnant. Theoretically, that should counter talk here on 24hr that she's a transvestite.

However...back in the 60's or 70's there was a Russian woman who was kicked out of the Olympics because she had an extra set of chromosomes. She was XXX and they figured that she was some kind of super woman. That's what set off the practice of DNA testing international female athletes. Whenever an extremely talented woman athlete starts beating all the competition, they test her for abnormal DNA, unless she's a man who's had the operation, in which case he's allowed to compete. Tennis player Renee Richardson was a man who was allowed to play big league women's tennis after being whacked.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
She may be juicing, she may not be, but she is nonetheless, a gifted athlete. She is really just not all that muscular compared to female bodybuilders and powerlifters, some of whom DO suplement. Some people are just extrordinary. Hard to tell the difference, if they are not hitting the test hard. Either way, it's still a lot of hard work.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Pretty sure my friend Kate might be "supplementing". [Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by benchman
Pretty sure my friend Kate might be "supplementing".

Don't most of those competitors? Male and female.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

714 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,612 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,146
Posts18,464,986
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.