Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by plainsman456
There are 48 gallons in a barrel of oil.
That said they do not get 48 gallons of gas out of the barrel.

They crack it down and come up with various compounds,gas just being one.

Uhhhh. There are 42 US gallons at 60 degrees F and 0 PSIG pressure with zero impurities (sediment and water) in a merchantable barrel of crude oil.

As I wrote, comical.

Some answers are comical and some aren't.

https://www.ihrdc.com/els/po-demo/module01/mod_001_03.htm

I retired from Royal Dutch Shell two years ago knumbnuts. I know oil, gas and refining. You?

Shame you don't know your boys as well. Letting them be raised by a woman. At least you retired JUST in time for the last kid to leave the house. Funny that.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I spend more time with my kids in a year while working a 2x2 rotation, than the average father that works 8-5.

Funny that.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Brother_Bill
I spend more time with my kids in a year while working a 2x2 rotation, than the average father that works 8-5.

Funny that.

You sure they are all yours? Funny that...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by plainsman456
There are 48 gallons in a barrel of oil.
That said they do not get 48 gallons of gas out of the barrel.

They crack it down and come up with various compounds,gas just being one.

Uhhhh. There are 42 US gallons at 60 degrees F and 0 PSIG pressure with zero impurities (sediment and water) in a merchantable barrel of crude oil.

As I wrote, comical.

Some answers are comical and some aren't.

https://www.ihrdc.com/els/po-demo/module01/mod_001_03.htm

I retired from Royal Dutch Shell two years ago knumbnuts. I know oil, gas and refining. You?

Crap! I'm impressed. I didn't know you were a genious. I just thought you were a comedic critic.

So tell me what's wrong with my definition of a barrel of crude oil, oh Sage of the oil business. Or did your vast experience and limited potential never allow you to actually know what a barrel of merchantable crude oil actually was?

What branch of Royal Dutch was honored to have you running it? I'm betting that it wasn't a very technical part of the company. I'm also betting that you knew enough to run General Engineering the day they hired you into a maintenance crew with your vast oil and gas knowledge gained from your 2 previous years of driving a salt water disposal truck on dusty roads. grin

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Then the gouging bastads can choke on it !!"

You must be referring to the ones that manipulate the stock market price of gasoline.

IC B2

M
mohick Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Goes all the way to the idiots that think they can explore and compete in the market, with the sludge they dredge up, when foreign oil almost runs pure out of the ground. the defination of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, guess they like pi$$ing money down a rat hole and keep crying over it!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TBREW401
I am not an expert on oil, but when the price of a barrel of oil is $50 or less, there is no reason for gas to be what it is.
Maybe you can educate me-- maybe not--

Just buy the crude and try that in your engine if you think there's too much 'value-added' in squeezing out the gasoline. wink grin

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yes, you can try "cooking it" yourself, if you feel adventurous

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mohick
I didn't give a $hit where it come from when I was feeding my family and trying to make a decent living without spendin the whole paycheck on greedy bastad gas

Let's see......

A barrel of oil...42 gallons, is valued at $50 and gasoline is $2.49/gallon.

A bushel of corn... 56 pounds, is valued at $3.63 and corn flakes - the cheap store brand, is $2.49/18 ounces.

Analysis: Farmers are obviously ripping us off big time (and this doesn't even get into the "huge" profits being made by the big [Post/Kellog's] cereal companies, since their brands are much higher)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Some fairly recent reality about crude oil and gasoline.

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=327&t=9

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Ok. Going by that formula...based on crude at $50 per barrel.

In 2015, refineries in the United States produced an average of about 19 gallons of motor gasoline and 12 gallons of ultra-low sulfur distillate fuel oil (includes diesel fuel and heating oil) from one 42-gallon barrel of crude oil.

19 gallons of gasoline at pump. Minus taxes, is around $1.80 = $36.70 plus 12 gallons of diesel @ around $1.90 before taxes = $22.80 which brings the total to $59.50

Total gross profit = $9.50 per barrel.

Then subtract from that gross profit the lease, pipelines, refinery construction, labor for all of it, transportation, operating expenses (equipment and such), and the drilling bill, cost of the retail outlets...etc.

Yeah, makin' a killin' I tell ya... whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

In 2015, refineries in the United States produced an average of about 19 gallons of motor gasoline and 12 gallons of ultra-low sulfur distillate fuel oil (includes diesel fuel and heating oil) from one 42-gallon barrel of crude oil.

19 gallons of gasoline at pump. Minus taxes, is around $1.80 = $36.70 plus 12 gallons of diesel @ around $1.90 before taxes = $22.80 which brings the total to $59.50

Then subtract from that gross profit the lease, pipelines, refinery construction, labor for all of it, transportation, operating expenses (equipment and such), and the drilling bill, cost of the retail outlets...etc.

Ruh ro!! Don't let modick see that. He believes that oil companies shouldn't make a profit. He's obviously not into free love and world peace with his attitude, but I bet he believes that free gas is a God given right.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
modick has to be one of the most ignorant sons of bitches i've seen post on his site.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Ruh ro!! Don't let modick see that. He believes that oil companies shouldn't make a profit.

Hey, there's places he could live where there aren't greedy companies ripping off poor helpless consumers like him. Cuba and North Korea come to mind.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
This is mohick,remember him?
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by ihookem
At 2.35 a gallon I dont know how anyone can say they are gouging. Gas right now is very underpriced. It is truly a deal. I can run 32 mi. on a .235 gallon of gas. Cheap. I can run my 25 horse outboard all day on 5 bucks. What more could someone want. It is dirty , dangerous, and most likely hazardous to you health. Then get it out of the ground, pipe it through protesting morons, refine , transport , store and sell it retail at a gas station 24/7 for $2.35 a gallon some complain it is too high? I wish it would go to 4 bucks a gallon so I could sell some of my oil stocks. If I keep guying what is cheap, the only thing I will have is oil in my portfolio. Also, there is not a glut in Asia or Europe, they use 75 % ? of the worlds oil. USA hs a glut so we think the whole world has a glut. Not so, and when stupid investors figure it out we won't see the selloffs on oil every time some dingbat on CNN sais we have a glut.

So, you are getting 128 miles on 1.4 gallon?

How so?

32 miles on $2.35 Sorry decimal in the wrong place. Still a deal.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Brother_Bill

Funny that.

You sure they are all yours? Funny that...

Hey look!!! It's an old family reunion. grin

Nice to see you, BB.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Fuel taxes should really be on a percentage basis, as opposed to a per gallon basis. BUT- all directed to road maintenance - unlike New Mexico's seizure of oil taxes to balance the general budget!

Thank you democrats!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

A 42 gallon barrel of oil produces 45 gallons of usable resources, including jet fuel and materials used in creating plastics and other petroleum based products.

moprick's still an @sshole, but don't bullshit everybody bout the economics.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fubarski

A 42 gallon barrel of oil produces 45 gallons of usable resources, including jet fuel and materials used in creating plastics and other petroleum based products.

moprick's still an @sshole, but don't bullshit everybody bout the economics.

Where'd you get 45 gallons of product?

[Linked Image]

The economics presented isn't complete by any means. Probably after boiled down, the profit is much less per barrel.

But, just like a loaf of bread that makes a nickle of profit per loaf, the way they make money is to sell LOTS of loafs. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 2,290 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,550
Posts18,453,577
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.