Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 37 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 36 37
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

If Jesus wants to show up at my house tonight, that would be great.

He doesn't ask permission......He asks for an invitation.

NO invitation was required when Jesus appeared these times...
to Mary Magdelene at his tomb
to the disciples - thomas absent
to the disciples indoors when Thomas was now present.
to the disciples on the shore of Galilee.
to the disciples on the rd. to Emmaus.

Jesus just turned up out of the blue, suprising them all.

Christians would be better to at least rely on their faiths scripture,
rather than their own imaginings.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
BP-B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Well, more yada yada.

There is a difference between wisdom and intelligence. A clue here: Wisdom is superior.

Also, you are still faced with a decision about you and Jesus. Your denial of that does not change reality. What you believe about Jesus will not change Him.

Calvinism aside, you still have the choice.

Ive seen several who had no fear of death, full of talk, untill it grabbed them by the throat.

Yep, my father told me: "They won't see the light until they feel the heat."

More with the threats?

TF does seem to play the eternity-in-Hell card sufficiently often enough to give the impression that it is a significant driver for his beliefs.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You still can't separate religion from spirituality. That ignorance is shown by your "nones" statistic.

Over ninety percent believe in a Higher Power, Spiritual in nature.

Google it yourself since you are the cut and paste King.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by curdog4570

If Jesus wants to show up at my house tonight, that would be great.

He doesn't ask permission......He asks for an invitation.

NO invitation was required when Jesus appeared these times...
to Mary Magdelene at his tomb
to the disciples - thomas absent
to the disciples indoors when Thomas was now present.
to the disciples on the shore of Galilee.
to the disciples on the rd. to Emmaus.

Jesus just turned up out of the blue, suprising them all.

Christians would be better to at least rely on their faiths scripture,
rather than their own imaginings.

My position on the matter is supported by Scripture and experience of myself and others.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by carbon12

TF does seem to play the eternity-in-Hell card sufficiently often enough to give the impression that it is a significant driver for his beliefs.

When a person only devotes themselves to Jesus on the basis of wanting to wrangle oneself out of the compulsory final judgement process
God has in store, it does not sound like someone being obedient to what Jesus calls the "will of my father".

Christians who dont know that Jesus will be the one to Judge them, sound like people who dont really know Jesus.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Threats?

Hardly. I do note though that you are most comfortable with "rhetorical" questions.

Debating Bible prophecy and Calvinism, etc is fine, but the central question before you in this life is simply you and your relationship with God.

Starman seems to quote many verses, I would assume that he is a "born again" Christian. If he is, he would likely agree with my statement.

C12 obviously does not like the idea of a decision in this life that has eternal consequences. So, he goes after me and somehow concludes that escape from hell fire is a primary motivator. He also misses the point.

I will submit that one's relationship with God may be the one paramount relationsip/decision one can make in this life. This is not to say the other relationships and deeds are not important. But, the fact remains, if God is real and if He cares about you and wants a relationship with you, that's a BIG DEAL.

The point is that for AS, TF49, Starman and C12; the most important decision in this life is "What do I do with God?"

You can divert to other discussions and ignore the question all you want. You can hammer away while you can. But this decision that is before you is the most important decision in your life.

Don't like it? OK, go your own way. That is, in itself, a decision.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by carbon12
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Well, more yada yada.

There is a difference between wisdom and intelligence. A clue here: Wisdom is superior.

Also, you are still faced with a decision about you and Jesus. Your denial of that does not change reality. What you believe about Jesus will not change Him.

Calvinism aside, you still have the choice.

Ive seen several who had no fear of death, full of talk, untill it grabbed them by the throat.

Yep, my father told me: "They won't see the light until they feel the heat."

More with the threats?

Yea,

he only plays it when he's loosing, kind of as a last feeble resort.

I think it's been thrown out about 3 or 4 times in this thread, so one every 100 posts isn't bad.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/22/17.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
But, the fact remains, if God is real and if He cares about you and wants a relationship with you, that's a BIG DEAL.

And if he is not real?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
But, the fact remains, if God is real and if He cares about you and wants a relationship with you, that's a BIG DEAL.

And if he is not real?

Well, there is your diversion.

So, let me ask a question. What if He is real? What happens then?

Oh, and don't start with the Pascal's Wager crap.

If He is real, where does that leave you?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Starman seems to quote many verses, I would assume that he is a "born again" Christian...

Reading or quoting scripture doesn't necessarily make anyone any form of christian .
I read, quote & reference scripture to highlight the fact that some of the claims made
by self-professed christians often do not correlate with actual christian scripture.

Christians often have no basic clue of what the core fundamental principles and requirements
of being a christian entail.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

And if he is not real?

I asked the question first.

What if the reality is that he does not exist?

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/22/17.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
[quote=TF49]

Starman seems to quote many verses, I would assume that he is a "born again" Christian...

Reading or quoting scripture doesn't necessarily make anyone any form of christian .
I read, quote & reference scripture to highlight the fact that some of the claims made
by self-professed christians often do not correlate with actual christian scripture.

Yep, I thought as so.

Last edited by TF49; 04/22/17.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

And if he is not real?

OK, if God does not exist, there is extinction of my soul or spirit at my death.

So, over to you. What happens to you if Jesus does exist and He is who He said He was?

Starman, feel free to chime in as well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TF49
Why is it you want to avoid the final judgment, when the final judgment in store for every single individual
is the divine will and plan of God? ..How would it please God if you were to skip the process?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
TF49
Why is it you want to avoid the final judgment, when the final judgment in store for every single individual
is the divine will and plan of God? ..How would it please God if you were to skip the process?

You seem obsessed with final judgment. You quote scripture about it. What do you think about it?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

And if he is not real?

OK, if God does not exist, there is extinction of my soul or spirit at my death.

So, over to you. What happens to you if Jesus does exist and He is who He said He was?

Starman, feel free to chime in as well.

And every moment on your knees in prayer will have been wasted, and all that time spent studying and praising the non-existent will have been wasted as well.

I on the other hand can continue to use my Sundays to go hunting, sleep in, or as I hope to do tomorrow, hit the range.

As for me, Hitchens nails it:

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
AS posted:

"And every moment on your knees in prayer will have been wasted, and all that time spent studying and praising the non-existent will have been wasted as well.

I on the other hand can continue to use my Sundays to go hunting, sleep in, or as I hope to do tomorrow, hit the range.

As for me, Hitchens nails it: ..."

AS,

Who cares what hitchens thinks.

That's a diversion and a cop out.

I answered your question so it is over to you.

What happens to you if God is real and Jesus is who He says He is? Obviously, this refers to your death. What happens?

You inserted yourself into an Easter thread about the Risen Lord!

C'mon Man!

What if Jesus is real and he is who he says he is? What happens to you?

edit to add: Here is what an atheist thinks of htichens:

Take a look at it: http://www.salon.com/2013/06/23/christopher_hitchens_lies_do_atheism_no_favors/

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You seem obsessed with final judgment. You quote scripture about it. What do you think about it?

Me obsessed?...lol... Im not the one who went looking for Jesus to primarily to try and avoid any final judgement.

How do you plan to avoid the F-J through Jesus, when he is one anointed by God to administer final judgement?

people devoting themselves to Jesus without even knowing that he is Gods appointed judge.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Me obsessed?...lol... Im not the one who went looking for Jesus to primarily to try and avoid any final judgement.

How do you plan to avoid the F-J through Jesus, when he is one anointed by God to administer final judgement?

So, Starman,

On what basis do you conclude that I am one who went looking for Jesus to primarily to try to avoid final judgment?

[/quote]

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Well, AS and SM seem to be diverting.

Copping out.

I'll check tomorrow to see if they come up with some remark they think is clever.

G'Night

Page 20 of 37 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
608 members (219 Wasp, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,599
Posts18,398,245
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.