Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
ftbt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
.... That didn't take long, did it? Starting April 24th. O'Reilly returns with a new "No Spin News" in the form of a podcast .... for .... get this: only $49.95 per year!! I am sure he has a warehouse full of "No Spin" tchotchkes that he has to get rid of.

I have to admit the guy has some "chutzpah" .... or a lot of ego / greed. Me .... I would have taken the $25,000,000.00 and be on autopilot for the rest of my life.

See:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4437542/Bill-O-Reilly-announces-return-podcast.html

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Problem is, it's not the money he's after, it's the ego feed.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have to admit, I never could stand the arrogant bastard.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
F
ftbt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
And guess what???? It seems that O'Reilly owns the trademarks for:

NO SPIN ZONE
THE SPIN STOPS HERE
PINHEADS AND PATRIOTS
DON'T BE A PIN-HEAD
BOLD & FRESH
THE BUCK STAYS HERE
RESTORE THE USA
MADE IN AMERICA AND PROUD OF IT
USA STRONG
NO SPIN
BILL O'REILLY

See:

https://trademarks.justia.com/858/74/no-spin-85874424.html

https://trademarks.justia.com/owners/bill-me-inc-1254413/

I guess no one has ever accused him of not knowing how to make $$. Oh, I love the name of his corporation: "BILL ME, INC."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
And yet the man has never produced anything in his life but hot air. Same as that worthless, broke neck, lip flapper Krauthammer.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

Its a free country, if you don't like him, don't listen to him.
By the way, I am not a fan, but you have to hand it to him, he created a lot of value for Fox, and "himself"
I just don't get my undies in a bunch because someone has made himself/herself successful.

NRA Patron
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by dale06

Its a free country, if you don't like him, don't listen to him.
By the way, I am not a fan, but you have to hand it to him, he created a lot of value for Fox, and "himself"
I just don't get my undies in a bunch because someone has made himself/herself successful.

Amen to that!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
His books about himself are garbage and his "history" books are an even bigger joke.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Problem is, it's not the money he's after, it's the ego feed.

I reckon right now hes interested in bitch slapping the Murdock [bleep].

Hes not far enough to the right for my cup of whiskey, but I woulda turned off a lot of Dims who he educated to the point of not voting for Hillzry and many who did vote for Trump due to his revealing the stupidity of the progressive movement.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was hoping President Trump would bypass the press and open Internet direct news presentation for the American people. I'm glad somebody with the name recognition has finally done this. While I'm not a big fan of O'Reilly, I might actually pay just in the hopes that It will keep it going bypassing the mainstream press.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dutch

Same here

I can sometimes handle a smart arrogant bastard, but have no use for an arrogant blow hard

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Blackheart
And yet the man has never produced anything in his life but hot air. Same as that worthless, broke neck, lip flapper Krauthammer.

Except for donating tens of millions to charity, and the majority of his charities are geared towards veterans and wounded soldiers. How many $15,000 track chairs have you purchased for Wounded Warriors? I'll give you some time to count them up and get back to me.

Regardless if someone likes his personality or not, and he certainly has some personality flaws, the man has done a lot of good with his money and held a lot of politicians accountable over the years.

Originally Posted by Squirrelnut
His books about himself are garbage and his "history" books are an even bigger joke.

Yeah that's why his recent history books alone have earned him 25 million, and his share of those proceeds which is 25 million, goes to charity. If you have knowledge that his are garbage then you should write the better one that is twice as good. 50 million would go a long ways.

I'm not defending his flaws and downfalls, but I'm gonna give credit where credit is due.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by Dutch

Same here

I can sometimes handle a smart arrogant bastard, but have no use for an arrogant blow hard

Same here.

O'Reilly just hasn't been my cup of tea for a good while now.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
He turned a lot of parents against dimocraps by calling them out for not supporting Kates Law.

Well, i guess we've seen the end of that bit of conservitive legislation.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
F
ftbt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
... Regardless if someone likes his personality or not, and he certainly has some personality flaws, the man has done a lot of good with his money and held a lot of politicians accountable over the years.

As shown in the article linked below, that is undoubtedly true.

... Yeah that's why his recent history books alone have earned him 25 million, and his share of those proceeds which is 25 million, goes to charity. ...

While the article linked below indicates that he has made 24 million from the "Killing Books," (probably more), there is NO indication that "his share of those proceeds which is 25 million, goes to charity." If you have definitive evidence or authority for that claim, I suggest that you share it with us.

See:

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2016...ge-conservative-pundit-how-much-is-paid/

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Yeah that's why his recent history books alone have earned him 25 million, and his share of those proceeds which is 25 million, goes to charity. If you have knowledge that his are garbage then you should write the better one that is twice as good. 50 million would go a long ways.

I'm not defending his flaws and downfalls, but I'm gonna give credit where credit is due.

I read a lot of history and prefer my history books be written by actual historians who do real research and not cable TV blowhards. The inaccuracies and misstatements in O'Reilly's books are well documented, that's why the Reagan Library refuses to sell "Killing Reagan" and Ford's Theater refuses to sell "Killing Lincoln". Rappers earn a lot of money for what they do too, that doesn't mean their product is of any real value.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't imagine many people paying $50 to hear a podcast-especially when they got it free (relatively speaking) before

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ftbt
... Regardless if someone likes his personality or not, and he certainly has some personality flaws, the man has done a lot of good with his money and held a lot of politicians accountable over the years.

... Yeah that's why his recent history books alone have earned him 25 million, and his share of those proceeds which is 25 million, goes to charity. ...

While the article linked below indicates that he has made 24 million from the "Killing Books," (probably more), there is NO indication that "his share of those proceeds which is 25 million, goes to charity." If you have definitive evidence or authority for that claim, I suggest that you share it with us.

See:

Common knowledge if you pay attention. Every time he promoted any of his new books as they came out he made it known the proceeds go to charity.

A quick search produced this article from USA Today. Hardly an O'Reilly fan. The article is written in November of this past yr about his latest released book. If you read the very last line of the article from USA Today, it states that proceeds from the sales of the book will go to charity. Now if you can prove the common claim that O'Reilly's book sales go to charity is false, have at it. Perhaps you would like to call up the NY Times or USA Today to dispute it?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...e-usa-today-best-selling-books/94568206/

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

I read a lot of history and prefer my history books be written by actual historians who do real research and not cable TV blowhards. The inaccuracies and misstatements in O'Reilly's books are well documented, that's why the Reagan Library refuses to sell "Killing Reagan" and Ford's Theater refuses to sell "Killing Lincoln". Rappers earn a lot of money for what they do too, that doesn't mean their product is of any real value.

While I don't claim to know any rappers personally, unlike O'Reilly they strike me as being all about themselves. Anybody that donates the proceeds of numerous #1 bestsellers to charity with a large portion of that charity going to veterans and wounded warriors gets a level of respect from me..

F
ftbt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by ftbt

See:

Common knowledge if you pay attention. Every time he promoted any of his new books as they came out he made it known the proceeds go to charity.

A quick search produced this article from USA Today. Hardly an O'Reilly fan. The article is written in November of this past yr about his latest released book. If you read the very last line of the article from USA Today, it states that proceeds from the sales of the book will go to charity. Now if you can prove the common claim that O'Reilly's book sales go to charity is false, have at it. Perhaps you would like to call up the NY Times or USA Today to dispute it?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...e-usa-today-best-selling-books/94568206/

Nice try. I don't have to prove anything. You made the outrageous statement. Back it up. You cite one article relating to ONE child's book to support (your dubious claim) that ALL proceeds from ALL of O'Reilly's "history book" sales (25 million according to you) go to charity. While it is entirely possible that SOME profits or proceeds of O'Reilly's book sales are donated to charity, (and maybe some or all of the proceeds of ONE child's book were donated to charity), you still haven't been able to supply any facts, evidence, or credible authority (other than your bold assertion) that "... his recent history books alone have earned him 25 million, and his share of those proceeds, which is 25 million, goes to charity." Unless you are O'Reilly's CPA or tax attorney, or unless you work for the IRS and have personally seen his tax return, your statements are speculative, at best, and bogus, at worst. Come back to us when you have something meaningful to back up your claim, " ... his share of the proceeds, which is 25 million, goes to charity."

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
388 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 37 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,902
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.