Campfire Savant
I bet they did. Be good to put by someone's deer stand

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by agazain
God bless Texas. One more reason NOT to go hunting with drunks and dangerous associates. You'd get shot on a lease. gunner500 is right.

I take hunting very seriously, more seriously than most.

What I try to not take so seriously is myself.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guiding gave me a chance to see most every type of hunter out there

The hardcore hunters, the guys that wanted to hunt but not really cut out for it and the jokesters

Have seen bou dicks placed in a guys sleeping bag, eyeballs etc

Most of the really funny stuff I've seen in the field wasn't the result of a prank, just chit that happens

Back in those days I was far too concentrated on killing game to mess with anybody

I like guns and alcohol but not together

Guys I hunt with we rib each other a bit to pass the evenings, but we don't prank each other much, normally just too concentrated on trying to get er done

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The biggest prankster and joker I have ever met in a hunting camp was a guide.
He was great. He kept everyone in good spirits when the weather sucked and the game wasn't moving. He got me good a couple times. Sadly he is retired now. The hunts I went on with him were some of the most memorable hunts of my life. Great hunting and lots of fun at camp.
I always tipped him real good. One year after I was done loading up I pulled him aside like always so I could slip him his tip and say goodby. Like always I had a wad of cash folded up to hand him. That year the wad was larger than it had been in the past. He did a quick thumb roll over it and his eyes got huge. It was double what I had ever given him before.
I made it to the state line before he realized the half of the bills were photo copy's of $100 bills.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm surprised how many take offense to this. I just can't take everything that seriously.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I'm surprised how many take offense to this. I just can't take everything that seriously.

They would really lose it if the topic was "Fish House Pranks"

Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Originally Posted by gophergunner

They would really lose it if the topic was "Fish House Pranks"
Boy, ain't that the truth! As me about the rubber boot I reeled in some time.....

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Worst part was, the sumbiches used MY BOOT!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't got excited and called for the gaff hook!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The BIL of a guy I used to hunt with thought it would be a great prank to change the windage setting of my scope while the rifle was in the camp gun rack. I gut shot a deer twice because of that. Good hold on the chest from the kneeling position at about 80 yards, got a decent group - two shots you could cover with your palm, right through the intestines, the second as it started to move. Fortunately I saw the blood on the back half as it ran off and even though I wasn’t sure what was going on gave it a huge hail Mary lead and put one lucky shot in the back part of the lungs so it didn’t get too far.

After I related the tale the BIL admitted what he’d done. Somehow I didn’t see the humor in it. Maybe others would.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Around 1960 an older fellow I worked with took me to a deer camp with he and his buddies. While there he told me about an incident from several years before. Someone shot a black bear and two of the hunters got it back to camp before the other hunters arrived.

They took the bear and propped him onto the seat in the back house. Later that evening one of their group went to use the facilities. As it was dark out he had a flash light which he shone into the back house as he opened the door. The results were predictable, but only the two jokers got to enjoy the pandemonium.

Jim

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
The BIL of a guy I used to hunt with thought it would be a great prank to change the windage setting of my scope while the rifle was in the camp gun rack. I gut shot a deer twice because of that. Good hold on the chest from the kneeling position at about 80 yards, got a decent group - two shots you could cover with your palm, right through the intestines, the second as it started to move. Fortunately I saw the blood on the back half as it ran off and even though I wasn’t sure what was going on gave it a huge hail Mary lead and put one lucky shot in the back part of the lungs so it didn’t get too far.

After I related the tale the BIL admitted what he’d done. Somehow I didn’t see the humor in it. Maybe others would.

This is not a prank, this is idiocy.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was a prank. At least the prankster thought so. He had a good laugh about it when I got back to camp with a deer with two bullet holes in the guts and was giving me a real hard time about being such a lousy shot. When he finally confessed to the deed I told him he was an ass hole and he got real offended and said I was a jerk because I couldn't take a joke.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

That's not a prank, that's a bloody nose.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

That's not a prank, that's a bloody nose.

Yep.

Don't touch my hat or my gun.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

That's not a prank in my book. A prank is harmless. It's bad enough that you gut shot the buck but imagine if you'd missed the buck of a lifetime.

Some people have no common sense.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smokepole

That's not a prank in my book. A prank is harmless. It's bad enough that you gut shot the buck but imagine if you'd missed the buck of a lifetime.

Some people have no common sense.

It may someone their life, if they were depending on that weapon for self defense.

Stupid beyond reason.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll just state for the record that, roadrunner is edible, but not particularly close to quail in taste smirk

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
best and longest running prank was from a bowhunt. Three of us made a bet that who killed the biggest buck had to buy supper on the 18 hr trip back. My buddy accidently shot a button buck just at dark and we rode him hard. We fell over laughing and said we would pass on a booner just so he could win now. My mother later that night as we were all watching TV, told him that "he should really let the little ones grow up" and all he could do was spit and sputter. He said she was cruel as she knew he could not say anything as he was in her house. We started calling him "Buttons" on the trip back and he got so mad he would not talk to us and he was always the first to rib someone else and give them grief. Only time in his life he did not talk for 18 hours. He had also taken the head and buried it in a field right next to where we process the deer after he dressed it as he knew we were going to have it mounted and presented at the annual awards banquet for a Sportsmand club.

Fast forward three years, two of us drove back to MO again with his stands and bow and he flew out. When he arrived my brother jumped his case about burying deer heads in the field and letting them "grow" to and puncturing tractor tires. He had planted an 8 point rack in the ground about half buried and walked him to it and showed him. When he got to his stand (same one he shot buttons out of) later, he found a framed picture hanging on his stand of Buttons and this title "Here lies Buttons shot by that dirty rotten bastard XXXX. Signed the deer." He caught hell again all that week and is still known as Buttons.

Last edited by BountyHunter; 04/24/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I really wouldn't appreciate someone messing with my gun and/or scope. Chances to get a deer just don't come along every 10 minutes, and Lord know's I've done a good enough job of screwing up a few opportunities all by my self. I've got to agree with the others here-while this may be a "prank" no one's laughing about this one. Keep your schidthooks off my gun.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (19rabbit52, 1minute, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 222Sako, 55 invisible), 2,765 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,710
Posts18,456,891
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.