S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ftbt
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
... Regardless if someone likes his personality or not, and he certainly has some personality flaws, the man has done a lot of good with his money and held a lot of politicians accountable over the years.

As shown in the article linked below, that is undoubtedly true.

... Yeah that's why his recent history books alone have earned him 25 million, and his share of those proceeds which is 25 million, goes to charity. ...

While the article linked below indicates that he has made 24 million from the "Killing Books," (probably more), there is NO indication that "his share of those proceeds which is 25 million, goes to charity." If you have definitive evidence or authority for that claim, I suggest that you share it with us.

See:

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2016...ge-conservative-pundit-how-much-is-paid/

Common knowledge if you pay attention. Every time he promoted any of his new books as they came out he made it known the proceeds go to charity.

A quick search produced this article from USA Today. Hardly an O'Reilly fan. The article is written in November of this past yr about his latest released book. If you read the very last line of the article from USA Today, it states that proceeds from the sales of the book will go to charity. Now if you can prove the common claim that O'Reilly's book sales go to charity is false, have at it. Perhaps you would like to call up the NY Times or USA Today to dispute it?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...e-usa-today-best-selling-books/94568206/

Nice try. I don't have to prove anything. You made the outrageous statement. Back it up. You cite one article relating to ONE child's book to support (your dubious claim) that ALL proceeds from ALL of O'Reilly's "history book" sales (25 million according to you) go to charity. While it is entirely possible that SOME profits or proceeds of O'Reilly's book sales are donated to charity, (and maybe some or all of the proceeds of ONE child's book were donated to charity), you still haven't been able to supply any facts, evidence, or credible authority (other than your bold assertion) that "... his recent history books alone have earned him 25 million, and his share of those proceeds, which is 25 million, goes to charity." Unless you are O'Reilly's CPA or tax attorney, or unless you work for the IRS and have personally seen his tax return, your statements are speculative, at best, and bogus, at worst. Come back to us when you have something meaningful to back up your claim, " ... his share of the proceeds, which is 25 million, goes to charity."

Good grief man, you got me. I'm not his CPA or tax attorney. With all the hate on the left for O'Reilly, nobody ever came after him about his constant claims and promotion that his book sales go to charity. NY Times doesn't dispute it but repeats it, USA Today doesn't dispute it but repeats it, but you do, and I'm not his CPA to prove it to you otherwise. Believe me it's not worth it. You win.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
... Regardless if someone likes his personality or not, and he certainly has some personality flaws, the man has done a lot of good with his money and held a lot of politicians accountable over the years.

... Yeah that's why his recent history books alone have earned him 25 million, and his share of those proceeds which is 25 million, goes to charity. ...

While the article linked below indicates that he has made 24 million from the "Killing Books," (probably more), there is NO indication that "his share of those proceeds which is 25 million, goes to charity." If you have definitive evidence or authority for that claim, I suggest that you share it with us.

See:

Common knowledge if you pay attention. Every time he promoted any of his new books as they came out he made it known the proceeds go to charity.

A quick search produced this article from USA Today. Hardly an O'Reilly fan. The article is written in November of this past yr about his latest released book. If you read the very last line of the article from USA Today, it states that proceeds from the sales of the book will go to charity. Now if you can prove the common claim that O'Reilly's book sales go to charity is false, have at it. Perhaps you would like to call up the NY Times or USA Today to dispute it?

Nice try. I don't have to prove anything. You made the outrageous statement. Back it up. You cite one article relating to ONE child's book to support (your dubious claim) that ALL proceeds from ALL of O'Reilly's "history book" sales (25 million according to you) go to charity. While it is entirely possible that SOME profits or proceeds of O'Reilly's book sales are donated to charity, (and maybe some or all of the proceeds of ONE child's book were donated to charity), you still haven't been able to supply any facts, evidence, or credible authority (other than your bold assertion) that "... his recent history books alone have earned him 25 million, and his share of those proceeds, which is 25 million, goes to charity." Unless you are O'Reilly's CPA or tax attorney, or unless you work for the IRS and have personally seen his tax return, your statements are speculative, at best, and bogus, at worst. Come back to us when you have something meaningful to back up your claim, " ... his share of the proceeds, which is 25 million, goes to charity."

I have no idea who is right or wrong, but you seem very convinced you're right. Whatcha' got to back it up that doesn't make you look like "your statements are speculative, at best, and bogus, at worst"?

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

See:

Good grief man, you got me. I'm not his CPA or tax attorney. With all the hate on the left for O'Reilly, nobody ever came after him about his constant claims and promotion that his book sales go to charity. NY Times doesn't dispute it but repeats it, USA Today doesn't dispute it but repeats it, but you do, and I'm not his CPA to prove it to you otherwise. Believe me it's not worth it. You win.

Do you really believe that egomaniac who is clamoring to get back into the public eye donates all the profits from his hack history books to charity? Yeah, right.

O'Reilly is a POS.

This sexual harassment stuff goes back years. Google "Andrea Mackris" his former producer from many years ago, he used to call her and harass her on the phone while he beat himself off. Bill O'Reilly is a dirtbag and a loser. Ask the azzhole windbag about "heavy weapons" and how they should be licensed and regulated. I hate that loud-mouthed stupid prick.

Last edited by Squirrelnut; 04/23/17.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut

Do you really believe that egomaniac who is clamoring to get back into the public eye donates all the profits from his hack history books to charity? Yeah, right.

O'Reilly is a POS.

[/quote]

It's not about what I believe. It's about what is common sense about claims that have been made publicly by O'Reilly for years. Pretty sure CNN and MSNBC and the NY Times would've made that the top story every day for a month if they could've made O'Reilly a liar about claims of what his book proceeds went to. You don't think they ever turned over every stone looking into that??? Talk about a slow pitch right over the plate to take out their most hated rival. That would be easy pickings. With over 15 yrs of getting beat by the number one cable news show that was their polar opposite, they had plenty to dislike about him.

But none of that matters. Personal dislike of someone will make you believe what you want. It is what it is.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Dutch
I have to admit, I never could stand the arrogant bastard.
Ditto.....and I wouldn't watch his podcast with YOUR money... Eff him.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10ring1, 52 invisible), 2,304 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,551
Posts18,453,584
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.