-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The polarcare isn't NEEDED. It's just FAR more effective in pain relief and reducing swelling.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I know of two people who died from blood clots after knee replacement.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Wound up having to have a total replacement instead of partial. I guess it's probably better in the long run. Thanks for all of the help.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Sure hope you are up and about soon!

Yeah, probably saved you another surgery and replacement at a later date.

Let us know how things are going!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've not had a replacement, yet. Someday? I'm thankful we don't have to just grit out all the ailments like our grandparents had to.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Sure hope you are up and about soon!

Yeah, probably saved you another surgery and replacement at a later date.

Let us know how things are going!
+1 Hang in there with the PT.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JG- Hope your rehab goes well. I know you'll put the effort into and get good results..and cuss everyday in the gym. smile

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
TAG

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey JG, hope all is going well. Hope all of the tips guys have given help your healing.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JG-

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All the best in your recovery. We fully expect to learn of you chasing those big west Texas Mule deer this fall.

Wayne

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I had a total replacement on my left knee 5 years ago.It will be my last one.It works fine,but is not as good as what God gives you.My Barber had Stem cell injections in his knee and hip which were scheduled for total replacements.He had them done at Mayo Clinic .First they take a plug from your hip to grow the stem cells.Then you come back and get the injections.This is called experimental so insurance does not pay for it.He paid $7,500 for the procedure.Now 6 weeks later he can not believe how much better his knee and hip are.No more knife for me,Huntz

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I had TKR in 2008. It is tough. Very painful.
You need to do all your physical therapy. They have an electric powered machine that you take home that bends your knee for you, I was using that about an hour a day.

Plus I got an exercise bike to ride. The docs love for you to ride a bicycle.

It took about three months to get back to halfway normal.
I had a very good result and am glad I had it.

Good luck. Your new friend will be Mr. Vicodin.

One Vicodin with a double gin and tonic* and your pain will go away.

* do not try this at home can cause liver damage

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"If they will do it without giving you a spinal block, do that. Everybody that I know with Sciatica real bad, has had one of these. Mine is being treated, but little helps and it does not show up for a few years. They gave me an option to not have it, but said the DR. really preferred one. I had one, and it might not have caused the problem, but again all that I have talked to have had the spinal. miles"

They want you to do the spinal block. Because there is less chance of the anesthesiologist getting sued with the spinal block.
Because, sometimes under general anesthetic people have a reaction and die.

So they will try to push the spinal block on you. You need to know your rights, you have the right to insist on general anesthetic.

I have a friend who got the spinal block for a vascetomy and he had migraine headaches so bad he couldn't work for 2 weeks.

My anesthesiologist tried to get me to do a spinal block for my TKR. I told her I didn't want the 2 weeks of migraines. I insisted on general anesthetic and that is what I got.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
JGRaider

I had knee replacement in 2010. I worked hard in rehab and found that within a year I felt better and could do more than in the previous 10 years. The actual physical recovery was more like 6 mo. to back to normal and the next 6 mo. was for me to realize I could do it and get mentally over the years of not being able to do it.

Work hard in rehab and good results will follow.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How did it start JG? Never had an issue but lately UP the stairs is a real challenge. Working that rail like a pull up champ!!

Thanks and Godspeed!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
3 days out. How ya doin?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
"If they will do it without giving you a spinal block, do that. Everybody that I know with Sciatica real bad, has had one of these. Mine is being treated, but little helps and it does not show up for a few years. They gave me an option to not have it, but said the DR. really preferred one. I had one, and it might not have caused the problem, but again all that I have talked to have had the spinal. miles"

They want you to do the spinal block. Because there is less chance of the anesthesiologist getting sued with the spinal block.
Because, sometimes under general anesthetic people have a reaction and die.

So they will try to push the spinal block on you. You need to know your rights, you have the right to insist on general anesthetic.

I have a friend who got the spinal block for a vascetomy and he had migraine headaches so bad he couldn't work for 2 weeks.

My anesthesiologist tried to get me to do a spinal block for my TKR. I told her I didn't want the 2 weeks of migraines. I insisted on general anesthetic and that is what I got.

You've come to a lot of wrong conclusions and are giving out false information.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
No, my information is correct and my conclusions are true.
You must be a doctor.

Hate to tell you, it says "MD" after your name, not "GOD"

You are, hate to tell you, not infallible.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
JG, Hope you are doing well. I just had Orthoscopic knee surgery and I'm still sore. I think the guys that said lots of ice are giving great advice. I didn't do that, and after 3 weeks and starting to. Makes a big difference.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,325 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,661
Posts18,455,712
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.