Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You've heard about the group that AR is trying to get executed before their drugs expire. Here are 2 of them claiming that they aren't healthy enough to die.

2 Arkansas men set to be executed want stays for poor health
Apr 23, 2017

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Two Arkansas inmates scheduled to be put to death Monday in what could be the nation's first double execution in more than 16 years asked an appeals court on Sunday to halt their lethal injections because of poor health that could cause complications.

Lawyers for Jack Jones and Marcel Williams asked the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals on Sunday to grant them stays of execution.

Jones' lawyers say he suffers from diabetes and is on insulin, has high blood pressure, neuropathy and had one leg amputated below the knee. He is on heavy doses of methadone and gabapentin. They say he may be resistant to the lethal injection drug midazolam because of the drugs he is taking for his maladies and could suffer a "tortuous death."

Lawyers for Williams say he weighs 400 pounds and it will be difficult to find a vein for lethal injunction, so the drugs are unlikely to work as intended.

The state said the appeals are just delaying tactics and should be denied. It was not clear when the appeals court will rule.

Arkansas originally wanted to execute eight inmates in 11 days by the end of April when its supply of midazolam expires. It put to death Ledell Lee last week in the state's first execution since 2005. But four of the eight inmates have had their executions blocked by the courts.

Jones and Marcel Williams are scheduled to die on Monday and another inmate, Kenneth Williams, is set for execution Thursday. Both Jones and Williams have admitted they are guilty. Williams was sent to death row in 1994 for the rape and murder of Stacy Errickson. Jones was given the death penalty for the 1995 rape and murder of Mary Phillips.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder why no state uses a large dose of heroin, morphine or the like to just put these folks down, no muss no fuss, just lights out?

maybe a xanax an hour before to calm them down, then sayonara.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How in hell does one get to be 400lbs in prison, even someone 6'8" would have a hard time with that given proper rations.

Is he rich, do his people put lots of money on his commissary books for junk food. Does he eat all day during his 23 hrs of lockdown?

I'm amazed at some of the crap I hear.

GEno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Yer liberal buds may be why. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There are any number of drugs that would be very effective but the drug companies won't allow them to be used that way. The one vets use to put down sick animals is a classic example. I agree that some narcotics would work great if the law allowed.

― George Orwell

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sycamore
I wonder why no state uses a large dose of heroin, morphine or the like to just put these folks down, no muss no fuss, just lights out?

maybe a xanax an hour before to calm them down, then sayonara.

Sycamore

Geez Syc,

and to think, it seems to me, you sorta have a rep around here of being a little on the "left" side at times. wink

OH, by the way, my lovely mostly, ahem, liberal wife, thinks a bullet would be cheaper.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Up here we have people dying from fentanyl laced drugs, you can have all you want.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wonder why any one of a few thousand drugs are inappropriate for this endeavor, and what gives drug companies legal standing to regulate use?

OTOH.....

Hang 'em, shoot'em, toss them out of a high window. WGAF about their feelings?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Valsdad
How in hell does one get to be 400lbs in prison,

Discipline.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
...what gives drug companies legal standing to regulate use?

The fact that they make them and when they sell them everybody down the supply chain signs a waiver (contract) that they will be used for specific medical treatments. They don't make or sell them with the intent that they use be used for capital punishment and the contracts they require as a condition of their sale prohibit that use.

I'm quite sure that the states trying to obtain them for capital punishment don't give two hoots about that, but since the drug companies specifically prohibit their use for capital punishment as a condition of sale then they have legal standing.

If you make something you have a right to regulate it's use as a condition of sale. Don't agree with that use, then no sale. No one has a right to buy something, not even a government.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why don't they just use those "humane" suicide drugs they use in Oregon? Give them a couple of pills and call it a day.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Just start giving them all the heroin they want and they will take care of the issue themselves.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Spend 10s of thousands on medical care so they can kill them would be a government solution.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'm bettin they're not too sick for some .45 ball.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I recall that the French propped up somebody on a stretcher just so they could keep their appointment with the firing squad?? Wheelchair, stretcher....just put them in front of a dirt berm and let the lead fly.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
...what gives drug companies legal standing to regulate use?

The fact that they make them and when they sell them everybody down the supply chain signs a waiver (contract) that they will be used for specific medical treatments. They don't make or sell them with the intent that they use be used for capital punishment and the contracts they require as a condition of their sale prohibit that use.

I'm quite sure that the states trying to obtain them for capital punishment don't give two hoots about that, but since the drug companies specifically prohibit their use for capital punishment as a condition of sale then they have legal standing.

If you make something you have a right to regulate it's use as a condition of sale. Don't agree with that use, then no sale. No one has a right to buy something, not even a government.

But WHY would a drug company care if one more GOOD thing was being done with their drugs? Isn't that their goal, for good things to happen as a result of their products?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Okay. Am I missing something? They don't want to use expired drugs because....? What?

FWIW, FDA makes drug makers see if their drugs can handle a 2 year shelf life. If they pass that test, it is cleared for market. Most drugs are fine after that date, they just haven't been tested.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Phat fuqkers should be charged for the extra chemicals it's going to take due to their extra tonnage.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Moot issue. Both scumbags are deceased.

― George Orwell

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
They should have injected deicer like Oklahoma did.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
731 members (10gaugemag, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 21, 73 invisible), 2,693 guests, and 1,368 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,623
Posts18,398,611
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.