Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I hope eventually Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke puts a stop to this lunacy!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/2...rty-rights-battle-furry-rodents-win.html

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
patients running the asylum.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is definitely an enemy.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Pocket gophers are a pest. I can't believe they're protecting them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have a great uncle that got screwed on selling some of his land for development over that. Screwed up deal for sure.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This state has become a worthless shell of a once beautiful place. Another month or so and it'll no longer be my home. Can't wait to be an Alaska resident next year.

ETA....landowners that a affected by this ridiculous kind of over reach should be compensated by the green groups that sued or those that impose these onerous restrictions. The ass wipes that endorse this crap live in the city and they think they're absolved of guilt since they live in a completely destroyed ecosystem absent any flora and fauna, except rats, pigeons and other city folk.

Last edited by AcesNeights; 04/25/17.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is definitely an enemy.

TFF...That's the same mentality that believes that electing a POTUS will save YOUR State. It won't. Only you can save your State. Or not.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
that's what they make poison and manually operated
shovels for

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ridiculous situation - that state has gone goofy. Those folks just need to clear the gophers from their property and keep them out and then it will no longer be gopher habitat. #1 - import a couple of bull snakes or king snakes. #2 - bring in a badger. #3 - other means.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
#3 whistle

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CCCC
Ridiculous situation - that state has gone goofy. Those folks just need to clear the gophers from their property and keep them out and then it will no longer be gopher habitat. #1 - import a couple of bull snakes or king snakes. #2 - bring in a badger. #3 - other means.

WTF difference does a gopher make? We have them everywhere. The greenies make a difference there because they CAN.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
D
DW7 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Used to get $.75 for a pair of front feet growin up in Minnesota. Hell on a hay bind blade.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I say a few bull snakes would take care of that. Or a 22 and a can

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kevinJ

Not to hijack the thread, but it takes a lot of patience and a really good hunter to kill a pocket gopher with a rifle. It can be done though.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The state hasn't gone goofy. Just parts of it. This is happening in Thurston county where the state capitol is. Almost as far left as Seattle.

I know I could post lots of similar stuff about Austin, Missoula,etc. Doesn't mean Texas and Montana have gone goofy (yet)...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by kevinJ

Not to hijack the thread, but it takes a lot of patience and a really good hunter to kill a pocket gopher with a rifle. It can be done though.

Gotta use a .270 for best results. wink

[Linked Image]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Brazos
The state hasn't gone goofy. Just parts of it. This is happening in Thurston county where the state capitol is. Almost as far left as Seattle.

I know I could post lots of similar stuff about Austin, Missoula,etc. Doesn't mean Texas and Montana have gone goofy (yet)...

Very true. Most counties in Washington are conservative oriented but the population centers are chock full of communists and anarchists. They are the ones that have destroyed this place. Thurston county and Evergreen state college along with criminal city (Olympia) are as radical left as anyplace in this country.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
This state has become a worthless shell of a once beautiful place. Another month or so and it'll no longer be my home. Can't wait to be an Alaska resident next year.

Sorry to hear you are moving .... just as we are fixin' to move your way. Looking at a house-w-a slip in Lagoon Point (and a trawler to go with it).

I'm sure you will enjoy Alaska.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
“Gophers are fantastic animals,” says Dunn, “They’re really critical in these ecosystems.”

I don't live in that area but I've never seen a fantastic gopher in my life. I'm sure the predators think they are fantastic, but the only thing they are good for in my estimation is target practice. An elk, that's a fantastic animal. These people are utterly psycho.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We have tons of pocket gophers around here and they are super destructive. I trapped over 120 in my hay field last year. One of my buddies got a burrow buster, and it is a hoot. The O2 is pretty expensive, so I am back to traps and poison. The idea that development could be stopped because these pests are present is a real head scratcher. In my county, I can call a phone number and people show up with poison and traps to kill them. Truly liberalism is a mental disorder.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 58 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,638
Posts18,455,306
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.