Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
We have been in the past two days.

We had a terrible day yesterday in Atlanta. Four teenage girls were killed on the south side yesterday and a fifth was seriously injured along with two more teens who were killed in Roswell.

The accident in Roswell involved a 15 year old who was a classmate and friend of our youngest boy since the 7th grade, our son is devastated. His classmate was killed in the accident along with his older brother who was a senior, they were going to the dentist for an appointment and tee-boned a school bus, not sure what happened. I just can't imagine the grief and hopelessness for the parents. A close friend lost a son years ago and it was terrible, losing two kids is incomprehensible. We're praying for the Pratt family.

GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Just devastating. frown. Prayers sent for all involved from N.C.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Doesn't get much worse than this. God's peace.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That's so sad. I'll be thinking of them in my prayers.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This happen about 4 miles from where I live. Bus full of special needs kids, though it seems as if they all escaped serious injury. Car went right under the bus. Horrible.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Terrible

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
That's terrible. Prayers to all.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My deepest sympathy goes out to all those impacted here. When I was 16, I lost my girlfriend to a drunk driver. I wasn't sure if I would, or even if I wanted to recover. Chris was an angel of a person. It happened three weeks before Christmas, and as was her style, she had all her Christmas shopping done, wrapped, and tagged. We worked together at a Howard Johnson's out on the Ohio Turnpike. We had a "party" to open the gifts Chris had so thoughtfully bought for everyone. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. She was loved by everyone. Now when I go home, (I've been in Minnesota for 29 years) and go to the cemetery, there's always fresh flowers on her stone. Even after all this time her friends and family still visit her frequently to mourn her loss.

Rest in peace Chris. You are so tremendously missed.

Last edited by gophergunner; 04/25/17.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One of my buddies lost a beautiful 2 yr. old daughter in a construction site accident. Contractor drove a truck over her. A few years later, three of his kids were on their way to school with two other friends on an icy road, slid into a pond, and all five drowned. I can't even comprehend how you get over that kind of tragedy without divine intervention.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2007/mar/02/school-mourns-for-lost-pupils/

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Sad indeed, but as I tell people "The worse thing I've ever gone through is whatever I'm going through at the time"

As bad as some things seem, if they ain't happening directly to me (which means immediate LOVED family, and one or two friends) it ain't near as bad is it could be.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
bad accidents. been several recent tragic deaths in atlanta including the 5 year old boy crushed in a revolving restuarant, and the lady killed by a car left out of gear by a valet driver.

what's truly amazing, and i'm sincere is that there aren't more of these kinds of deaths given the amount of traffic, experience of drivers, and the crowding of humans in close spaces.

peace be with all that lose family members due to whatever reason.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
My "bad day" isn't so bad after all.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No words, Damn

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I too have a close friend that has a son who was really close with one of those boys in the wreck....a lot of folks up here hit hard by it.

This is what Brady had to say about his friend...
Jim Pratt. A friend who will never be forgotten. I met Jim almost two years ago when he moved down to Georgia and enrolled in the ROTC program. A little goofy when appropriate, but he always represented a leader. He tended to stay quiet and observe rather than taking part in a situation. I learned this sort of patience from Jim, not to mention the many valuable observations he graciously shared with me. Jim wanted to be a Marine. His heart was dedicated to serving our nation. I know he would have excelled if given the chance. An instance like this shows how dear and precious life is, and how easily it can be taken away. Semper Fi Jim. You will be missed.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing
I too have a close friend that has a son who was really close with one of those boys in the wreck....a lot of folks up here hit hard by it.

This is what Brady had to say about his friend...
Jim Pratt. A friend who will never be forgotten. I met Jim almost two years ago when he moved down to Georgia and enrolled in the ROTC program. A little goofy when appropriate, but he always represented a leader. He tended to stay quiet and observe rather than taking part in a situation. I learned this sort of patience from Jim, not to mention the many valuable observations he graciously shared with me. Jim wanted to be a Marine. His heart was dedicated to serving our nation. I know he would have excelled if given the chance. An instance like this shows how dear and precious life is, and how easily it can be taken away. Semper Fi Jim. You will be missed.

Our boy was friends with the 15 year old, they were in the same class for the past three years. There is a gofundme page set up for funeral expenses with several pictures on it. It just breaks your heart to look at the pictures of those two fine young men lost way too soon. I just can't comprehend what the family is going through. Makes me want to lock my kids in their room until they are about 30.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Tragedy for sure, Prayers for the family.

When I was 15 I went on a rescue run with my dad and watched a good friend (15 also) bleed out lying on the ground with no family around. I think it helped to shape my no f'in around in cars attitude.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Tragedy for sure, Prayers for the family.

When I was 15 I went on a rescue run with my dad and watched a good friend (15 also) bleed out lying on the ground with no family around. I think it helped to shape my no f'in around in cars attitude.

This^^^
I was in a 'rollover/clipped telephone pole' auto accident just weeks prior to getting my license. It helped to shape my future as a driver.

Prayers for all involved.

FJB & FJT
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by colorado bob
No words, Damn

^^^^^^
Prayers sent.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Way beyond sad to see such lives carelessly lost. I sincerely hope God has a need for those young souls.

Last edited by 1minute; 04/26/17.

1Minute
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
+ 1,000 ^^^^^^^

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 163bc, 51 invisible), 2,247 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,604
Posts18,454,831
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.