Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
It's been parked next to my motorhome for the two years I've been here...the guy who owns it had only been here once the entire time, so I asked the lady who owns this place about it...told her I thought it was a shame that he was letting it go to hell...(carpet and tires are rotted)

Well apparently she put a note in the customers invoice telling him I might be interested in buying it. The guy calls me and before you know it, I'm handing him a check for $2K... shocked

Supposedly it's been sitting for the last six years since his wife died and he lost interest...it turns out that the guys son recently got in a bad accident and is going through rehab and the guy has taken on another job to cover the bills...he was more than happy to get rid of it.
I had no idea if it would run...I hooked up a battery and nada...no clicks...no ticks...nothing...I kept turning the key off & on....off and on, probably a dozen times before it finally spun the engine...ok....so I sit there and think about it a bit...I figure I better check things before I actually try to start it or even contemplate working on such an old engine...(it's a 1972 50 hp Evinrude) first off I checked compression...150 and 152...cool...so I check for spark at the plugs...no spark...hmmm...change plugs...clean the ignition switch and recheck....SUCCESS!!! spark!!! Hook up water...hook up a fuel tank and turn the key...spit...cough...chug...chug...die... grin go back & find the choke lever...1/4 choke...turn the key again...running but missing...I go back and disconnect the fuel line because I'm pretty sure the water pump ain't working...while there I dick around with the choke....it smoothed right out till it ran out of fuel and died... cool

It's a 24' Kayot...pontoons are in excellent shape...I'm gonna replace the transom wood and mount my 15 hp Johnson as a backup motor before I take it out...this summer might turn out to be pretty nice... wink

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Nice

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Cool. Have fun.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good Snag!

cool

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looks nice. They are great fishing platforms, lots of comfy fishin' to be done!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Add rodholders, use that 15hp kicker as a trolling motor. Add a Helix 7 series w/SI&DI, GPS.

I like your 'toon 'cause it is utilitarian to my eye.

GOA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like fun.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Set it up for camping on the water and avoid the crowds. Anchor in shallow water way out of range of loud music and generators.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Set it up for camping on the water and avoid the crowds. Anchor in shallow water way out of range of loud music and generators.

That's a big reason I wanted one...with my disabled brother and two Jack Russels, trying to set up a campsite while watching them was more than I could deal with and fishing out of a 13' valco was impossible...this should work out nice... cool

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You can outfit that sucker with all sorts of extras from ebay for 10 cents on the dollar.

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Enjoy that boat, and boat safely.
PS, Catch a big stringer for me.

PM, PM, can you cook on board? (That me be a stupid question, but I've yet to be on a pontoon)

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Sure you can cook. Just take a gas stove and the other gear.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Bad ass!

When can I come down and what are we fishing for?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Another thing about it is you could mount a .30 Browning on it and be on a par with the NORK Navy.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Ummmm.is it too late to get your money back?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Another thing about it is you could mount a .30 Browning on it and be on a par with the NORK Navy.

Why stop there? Strap a torp on either side. Take out an intrusive jet-skier or two!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
$2k = great buy.

Regards,

Tom
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
$2K??? Yipes!

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by wabigoon

PM, PM, can you cook on board? (That me be a stupid question, but I've yet to be on a pontoon)

Actually, I've never been on one either. I've watched a lot of them on the rivers and lakes though and have seen them set up with small propane refrigerators, porta potties, running fresh water/sinks, stove tops, BBQs etc. (I even seen one that had a trampoline mounted up high for a forward sun shade)

I haven't got any grand plans at doing anything to it other than to recarpet, clean it up and mount the kicker motor...maybe mount a small gas bbq ...the only bench seat is in the rear along the rail...lots of open floor space....I think folding camp furniture will work fine.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Alaskajim
$2K??? Yipes!

Around here, it's a good buy...in Wisconsin, it would be steep... I looked on line for a while. The good thing is, I didn't have to drive to Wisconsin...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1234, 11point, 160user, 10ring1, 72 invisible), 3,010 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,336
Posts18,468,682
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.