Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 23 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 22 23
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
1998, I did it doggie style on the rim of Crater Lake.

Helluva view!

[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Top or bottom?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Last year I booked a trip in the Republic of Congo to hunt buffalo, with a guide. The guide was to help with the logistics etc. After a couple of days of traveling first by plane, then vehicle, then dugout canoe, then on foot we arrived at a Pygmy village. My guide fell ill. I left him in the village and hunted for two weeks in the rainforest on foot with Pygmy porters and a tracker that could speak a little English. It was a great experience, unfortunately the guide passed away. There us much more to the story but I doubt very few if any hunters will ever do a self guided hunt like that again.

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I've jerked it on 6 continents. Drank beer on 5.

Pretty proud of that, myself.

I banged hot bitches on all nine continents.....

Ace

I banged hot bitches on all 10 continents......

P.S. Also note the periods behind my statement please.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=Anjin

Less interesting to you guys, I was one of four lawyers in a London conference room who invented financial derivatives in the late 1970s, which not long after that, grew into a multi-trillion dollar industry larger than most national economies. Did I make a lot of money from that? Well, of course not, but the investment bankers sure did! [/quote]

Less interesting my azz !

Dude that's today's equivalent of having worked on the Manhattan project developing the A bomb!

And may prove yet to be as or more catastrophic.

We've banged chix, killed animals, but you? You've been part of changing history ! shocked

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by SamOlson
True story.

Trailed cows down main street at 4AM.

Cow chit all over the lawn at the high school.

Its weird how freaking cows on the loose always head to town. Unreal.

In my home town somebody had the bright idea of putting one of the busiest sale barns in Wyoming one block from the high school, just a few blocks from the middle of town (actually the town grew around what was once the biggest sale barn in the world, or so the signs around it claimed) and back in the days before marshal law ruined Halloween, nearly every Oct 31st, there would be hundreds of cattle out trick or treating all over town. I never had anything to do with them getting out of their pens, but saw Main Street, well most all streets, swamped with cattle several times.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Had an 8' hammerhead shark pass right in front of me while i was sandbagging a pipe crossing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
With the exception of my contributions, this thread reads like scripts for the next 10 year's Dos Equis commercials.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I was bowhunting and glassing another spot from my stand one evening and seen lots of deer coming out of a cornfield into a bean field about 3/4 mile away. I decided too move the next day. It was HOT out.

I put my stand up above a rock pile, took off those clothes and wiped down with scent killer. I changed into my camo and put my sweaty clothes in a black garbage bag and hid it under a wild plum tree near my stand.

Later, I had a forkhorn buck come out of the cornfield and walk straight up the rock pile and look back and forth at me for 5 minutes. Then he went and nosed around and ended up picking up the bag with my sweaty clothes and starts shaking it back and forth. Then the little fugher runs across the bean field swinging that garbage bag back and forth and kicking his heels in the air like he had just found the greatest toy on earth and drops it out there.

That was fun trying to find later in the dark...

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jacques_La_Rami
I pumped out all of my wind-shied wiper fluid and filled the reservoir with gas I siphoned from my old 72 f250 several times one evening. I undid the tubing to the squirters and stuck the end of it in the carb and clamped it down with the air filter lid. Fuel pump had quit, dead deer in the back of the truck, and it was 60 some miles home before the days of cell phones. It would run a bit when I primed it so I just kept priming it with the window wash button. My first plan was to stop at the nearest ranch and call for help, but it worked so good for the first 15 miles, I just kept refilling the washer tank every 10 miles or so, and kept on going. It was all about thumb timing, by the time I got home, I was pretty good at it.

That's awesome. You must have lived in TN at some point.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Made the AP wire and papers myself. Had chicken pox and the measles at the same time. In 1964, I think.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Would living in the Sahara for awhile count, if not how about being run out of the Dead Sea by a flash flood

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I've been to 57 states.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by persiandog
got arrested for farting , my buddy opened the car door and farted , not knowing there was a police officer standing there.

P.

Isn't that a mating call in the Bay Area?

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Spent one winter (79-80) harnessing and driving a team to feed cattle every day. I thought that was pretty cool.

Shot at and missed under a full moon on a snow field, a pair of coyotes during coitus, theirs, not mine!

Learned to drive a dozen different makes and models of tractor by the time I was six years old. Starting the summer before my sixth birthday, my days were spent driving tractor for my Dad as he bucked bales all over our community. We usually used our hay trailer and the farm owners' tractor.
Ford 8N, Oliver 33, Co-op, John Deer A and B and 50, Ferguson TO 30, Farmall C and H and M. There were Case, Minny Moline, Massy Harris, Allis Chalmers and others.

There was even one flatbed farm truck with a Clearfield elevator. Dad would whistle and I would slide down under the steering wheel so I could get my foot onto the clutch to stop the truck. Dad would whistle again and I would gently let the clutch out, then climb back up onto the seat to steer the truck and line the bales up just so to be picked up by the elevator.

I thought it was all high adventure. Especially at the end of the day, when I got my nickle for the day, and we would stop at the country store and I could pick my favorite candy bar or chocolate covered ice cream treat.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Hey Mathman. I know of an old lady that did something similar. She drained the Washer fluid out and filled it with Gin. Then she ran the outlet hose inside the car so she could sip while she was driving. All she had to do was give the washer button a squirt and she was good to go. Now that is inginuity!

Better to be over the hill than under it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
I've been to 57 states.

You and Zero are in rare air!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just remembered the crown jewel of my youth... the longest gravid female tape worm ever recorded (at the time at least) slid out of my diaper and found itself in a jug of Formalin...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I know more about moose bellies than I ever cared to. (calling from sitting positions against trees or on logs). Those things will come right up to you!

Hunted a 50 foot long bowhead whale out of a skin umiak in an Arctic lead.
Bow man had a pointy stick- explosive loaded... Almost got it too. Lots of Eskimos have done it, not that many white folk.

Caught a 5.5 pound rainbow that had been leaping up onto dry land to catch passing voles, then she would flop a couple times down slope to regain the water. She had at least 5 in her stomach, gullet, with a tail hanging out the corner of her mouth. And she took my spoon. greedy!

Went eyeball (mine) to azzhole (its) with a skunk on one very black night. Range about 2 feet....We both escaped unscathed.

Spent an afternoon "wing-shooting" cottontails bailing out of buffalo-berry thickets from 4 -6 feet up after a chinook left the frozen prairie ground several inches deep in standing water.

Got woken in the dead of night - a very dark night- by an aggresive bull moose thrashing brush 15 feet from my sleeping bag. That will wake you up!

I've heard moose roar. Twice. Absolutely hair-raising! First time I didn't know what it was, but I spent the rest of the day hunting about 2 miles away. The second time I saw the cow do it. Both sexes will do it under stress, but it is rare.

Bashed a coyote (at least I hope it was a coyote) in the face high in the Colorado Rockies when it was snuffling the side of the tent, pressing inward.

Stalked a sleeping? cow moose with her head in a bush to within rifle-length butt-poking range. I decided against it.... and eased on out of there. Sleep well Princess!

First sheep hunt was a solo backpack hunt - 18 miles in to the mountain. Killed full curl and packed it out. Two 14 hour days coming out with a pack in excess of my own 150 pounds. I was younger then. Possibly a few inches taller too! smile. Haven't gotten any smarter, just older.

Joined a wandering/feeding pre-rut group of at least 4 bulls and 5-9 cow moose for an hour and a mile or so. Moose all around me, never a time there wasn't one or several within 30 yards, often within 10. They apparently forgot just who all had been invited to the orgy....

Wouldn't have missed any of it for the world!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I rode a bull in a rodeo on a dare, shot trap with a 22 pistol and even hit a few, been tossed out of Hussongs Cantina in Ensenada.

I almost hunted on Greg Normans's ranch by mistake until I saw the sign 50 yards below the cow elk I walked a couple of miles to get a shot at.

Page 11 of 23 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1234, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1OntarioJim, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,393 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,665
Posts18,455,794
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.