Campfire Oracle
B

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
The problem with Paul Craig Roberts and was those like him, and I have definitely been guilty of this myself, is that he assumes that he is smarter than everyone else. Look, no one believes Assad is guilty of using chemical weapons. And many don't even care. It isn't as though the deep state is fooling anyone. If you want to thank Trump for one thing, thank him for the fact that his candidacy and subsequent win pulled the mask off the media more clearly than anything else could have. Soviet citizens had more faith in Pravda than many Americans do in any media source today.

As for Trump's actions in Syria. He bombed an airfield. What is an airfield? It is in essence a glorified pasture. He didn't hit infrastructure, power plants, road junctions, barracks, government buildings or anything else that would actually harm the Assad regime. AND he warned the Russians and the Syrians in advance just to make sure we wouldn't hit anything important.

And what has been the result? In Syria, Assad is still in power. Assad and the Russians are still winning. Assad grows stronger every single day. ISIS gets weaker every day. In America? The howling media firestorm of "muh Russians" was silenced practically instantly. It is no longer a story at all. Trump is moving ahead and appears ready to make major progress on repeal of the ACA and tax reform, not to mention getting his pick installed on SCOTUS.

The future will tell the tale and there will be lots of bumps in the road and misdirections, but it may turn out that instead of being captured by the deep state, the Syria strike was the day he check mated it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I don't see any way that any one person could come into being POTUS and not be overwhelmed by the Deep State/Elite presence that exists. They've been building this for 80 years+. How would one fill all key positions while avoiding the status quo?
At least we have a POTUS that is not 100% on board. But I don't see how it can be quelled in one term, much less 100 days.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Trump a captive of the deep state

So, whose job is it to liberate him?

Seems like responsibility falls squarely in the shoulders of American citizens.

When enough of them have had enough of this schidt, things will change.

Might take a few bullets. May involve some hangings, but things will change.

But, for most, it's much easier to sit back and watch and bitch.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

So, you got your rocking chair warmed up?

Hilarious

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
[/quote]

Hilarious

[/quote]
See^^^, the backers have infiltrated everywhere.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Hilarious

What is hilarious is that you liberals believe that all of us will sit back and watch. grin

Keep thinking that.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
"Tell them what they want to hear. Earn their respect. Then when you are in control do whatever the hell you want." Art of the Deal - Chapter 4

Some would say that applies to what Trump did to us and the election. It could apply to Trump and the deep state. Time will tell but remember, Trump's whole mode of working requires confusion, outrageous demands, conciliatory gestures, and concealment of his real purpose.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This Paul Craig Roberts dude thinks he's William F. Buckley pontificating to the Ivy League Libertarian crowd -as if there is one.

Dig this:

When the gullible and insouciant American public and the presstitutes who participate in the deceptions permitted the Deep State to get away with the fairy tale that a few Saudi Arabians under the direction of Osama bin Laden, but without the support of any government or intelligence agency, were able to outwit the entirety of the Western Alliance and Israel’s Mossad and deliver the greatest humiliation in history to “the world’s only superpower” by making the entirety of the US government dysfunctional on September 11, 2001, Washington learned that it could get away with anything, any illegal and treasonous act, any lie. The gullible Western populations would believe anything that they were told.

Not only insouciant Americans, but much of the world accepts any statement out of Washington as the truth despite the evidence. If Washington said it, Washington’s vassals in Germany, France, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Netherlands, Belgium, and Japan assent to the obvious lie as if it were the obvious truth. So do the CIA purchased media of these vassal states, a collection of whores who prefer CIA subsidies to truth.

Let's start with two of longest run on sentences I've seen in print. Take a breath! Next, he uses insouciant twice, as if he just discovered this synonym for "unconcerned" and is infatuated with it.

Pressitutes? Don't see that one outside of an SAT prep course. Our President settles for the term "fake news" Good enough for me.

This looks like a guy who likes to hear himself talk. I can see him writing lines for John Caradine and his basso profundo voice to recite in some movie that has a courtroom.

I think I'll send him a copy of Ken Water's "Make Every Word Tell".

His prose obfuscates his message. wink

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep. Reads like it was written by an edgy college kid working on a poly sci degree. smile

Next article in line was on the evils of capitalism.

Amazing what you can find on the innanet, ain't it?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I've met this self inflated turd many times before, just different names.

The ivory tower draws em and spawns more.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Yep. Reads like it was written by an edgy college kid working on a poly sci degree. smile

Next article in line was on the evils of capitalism.

Amazing what you can find on the innanet, ain't it?
More amazing their crap actually gets read.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I've read about a quarter of it, and so far the author is spot on. I'll get back to it when I get a chance. Seems excellent.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
"Tell them what they want to hear. Earn their respect. Then when you are in control do whatever the hell you want." Art of the Deal - Chapter 4

Some would say that applies to what Trump did to us and the election. It could apply to Trump and the deep state. Time will tell but remember, Trump's whole mode of working requires confusion, outrageous demands, conciliatory gestures, and concealment of his real purpose.

This is very interesting indeed.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The scary thing is that people are just discovering what the POTUS has shown, and told, them he was for half a century.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i can easily summarize things in my own personal understanding.

1. there is a deep state/status quo/establishment that's dug-in.
2. trump was far better than the alternative for potus.
3. trump sold everybody a lot of stuff to get elected. enough bought it to place him in the whitehouse.
4. he'll change some things, but not a lot of things.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ltppowell
The scary thing is that people are just discovering what the POTUS has shown, and told, them he was for half a century.

All well and good, but.
The alternative was Hillary.
Nary another GOP candidate would have beat her.

FJB & FJT
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Raeford
But I don't see how it can be quelled in one term, much less 100 days.

And one term is all he's going to get.

Trump spent 18 months reuniting the GOP, then split it again in 90 days.

The Nationalism that's growing across the U.S. and Europe is mostly youth oriented. There will be 3rd and maybe 4th party Nationalist candidates in 2020 which will take the youth vote which would have gone to the GOP.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I felt all along that DT would be a one term POTUS.
We have seen slightly over 16% of his[4 year] term. Much can and will happen over the 80+% left. Good, bad who knows?

We have the SCOTUS back to some degree. This alone will last most of my life.

"Trump spent 18 months reuniting the GOP, then split it again in 90 days."

I disagree, seems that *most* of the GOP left us several years back. Not only did they leave us, they shot us the bird on their way out.
The deep state/Elite are not going to roll over easily.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by ltppowell

All well and good, but.
The alternative was Hillary.
Nary another GOP candidate would have beat her.

Show of hands. Who here would have voted for Clinton if Trump wasn't the nominee?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (160user, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 49 invisible), 2,575 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,361
Posts18,468,985
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.