Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by deflave
As an American, I am thrilled to see Bristoe and TRH drop their support of Trump.

Dave

Not for nothing, but you've been Dave all night.

GFY.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Totally uncalled for.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The Bristoe/Trump relationship was doomed to failure, red flags all around, from the start.

Before Trump, Bristoe's guy was a murderer that got away with it. Good qualification for president, but not gonna catch a lotta good press.

Remember, Bristoe liked Trump because he thought Trump would blow the place up, politics-wise.

President Trump has tried to blow the place up, but has run into the constitutional wall - the President of the United States, as far as legislation is concerned, is just some guy in a nice house.

No power, can't even introduce legislation. Can shoot it down, but that's not a factor at this point.

The libertarian non-intervention side gets pissed beyond all control when Presidents launch attacks, of whatever scale, and without regard for the reason, short of an attack on the US.

So, some people are upset.

But I don't remember candidate Trump sayin: "I'm gonna be a pussy like O'Buckwheat."

Fact is, he said the opposite, includin: "Peace through strength", bout a million times.

Candidate Trump also said he'd let the generals decide how to achieve the military objectives, rather than tie em up with BS ROEs.

So claims that President Trump violated a promise when kickin ass and takin names don't fly. President Trump has done exactly what candidate Trump said he'd do.

Also don't justify postin crap that ends up lookin like the returna RobJordan. They say sometimes ya gotta hit bottom, to realize where you're at. When the real browneye's +1'n ya alla time, it's time to cork the bottle.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Totally uncalled for.

That's what she said.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus
i can easily summarize things in my own personal understanding.

1. there is a deep state/status quo/establishment that's dug-in.
2. trump was far better than the alternative for potus.
3. trump sold everybody a lot of stuff to get elected. enough bought it to place him in the whitehouse.
4. he'll change some things, but not a lot of things.

That makes perfect sense.
Gus...are you sober?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Before Trump, Bristoe's guy was a murderer that got away with it.

Who?

Originally Posted by Fubarski
President Trump has tried to blow the place up, but has run into the constitutional wall - the President of the United States, as far as legislation is concerned, is just some guy in a nice house.

But I don't remember candidate Trump sayin: "I'm gonna be a pussy like O'Buckwheat."

Fact is, he said the opposite, includin: "Peace through strength", bout a million times.

Candidate Trump also said he'd let the generals decide how to achieve the military objectives, rather than tie em up with BS ROEs.

So claims that President Trump violated a promise when kickin ass and takin names don't fly. President Trump has done exactly what candidate Trump said he'd do.
Total agreement.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeBob
... but it may turn out that instead of being captured by the deep state, the Syria strike was the day he check mated it.

LOL. a real estate mogul one step ahead of the DS...now thats funny...then to suggest it was even a master stroke by him.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by Gus

3. trump sold everybody a lot of stuff to get elected. enough bought it to place him in the whitehouse.

Gus...are you sober?

i probably recieve a small stipend to write gobbeldy-gook. for the possibly sensible stuff, not a red cent.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
As an American, I am thrilled to see Bristoe and TRH drop their support of Trump.

Dave
I support what he stood for, and to the extent he sticks to it, I support him. He's looking good on gun rights issues, and I give him a C+ on the border and immigration (better than the F- Obama, Hilary, or most of the other Republican hopefuls would get from me). He's done some good things, but has apparently totally caved on foreign policy to the deep state neocons. On that he gets an F.

I've never been a cult of personality type of supporter of political candidates, as some of you apparently are vis-a-vis Trump. For me, it's always about the extent to which they are America-First/conservative/nationalist vs Israel-First/leftist/globalist.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by Gus

Gus...are you sober?
Yeah, nothing crazy about that post. Perhaps it's not really Gus behind the keyboard.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Trump is sticking to his promise to find the next Patton and kick some foreign ass.

And he has always supported Israel.

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 04/28/17.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I support what he stood for, and to the extent he sticks to it, I support him. He's looking good on gun rights issues, and I give him a C+ on the border and immigration (better than the F- Obama, Hilary, or most of the other Republican hopefuls would get from me). He's done some good things, but has apparently totally caved on foreign policy to the deep state neocons. On that he gets an F.

I've never been a cult of personality type of supporter of political candidates, as some of you apparently are vis-a-vis Trump. For me, it's always about the extent to which they are America-First/conservative/nationalist vs Israel-First/leftist/globalist.

You don't have the first damn clue about much of anything and I'm glad to see you and your fellow kooks move away from Trump.

We don't (and never did) need you.

Dave

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

You don't have the first damn clue about much of anything and I'm glad to see you and your fellow kooks move away from Trump.

We don't (and never did) need you.

Dave
I don't think Trump would have made it without the America-Firsters/anti-globalists, Dave.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Enjoy your complaining.

Dave

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Enjoy your complaining.

Dave
Not only do I not enjoy it, it causes me untold grief that he has reversed himself on so much we were counting on and hoping for. The latest is NAFTA.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
The good part of this whole clusterfug is, I don't have to be interested in politics any longer.

When a wealthy candidate like Trump waltzes across country for 18 months talking loud and proud about Nationalism/Populism, then comes into office and declares himself a Globalist, I know that we're well and truly fugged and there's no reason to concern myself with any belief that any answer to the country's problems can be obtained via politics.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does this mean the end of threads with manipulated titles and the body simply saying "A good read" with a link to some arcane kookista with a new roll of tin foil?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The good part of this whole clusterfug is, I don't have to be interested in politics any longer.

When a wealthy candidate like Trump waltzes across country for 18 months talking loud and proud about Nationalism/Populism, then comes into office and declares himself a Globalist, I know that we're well and truly fugged and there's no reason to concern myself with any belief that any answer to the country's problems can be obtained via politics.

Bristoe, with all due respect.. WTF are you talking about?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Bristoe, with all due respect.. WTF are you talking about?
"Globalism refers to a group of ideologies that advocate the concept of globalization. It tends to advocate for such policies as (1) increases in immigration, (2) free trade, (3) lowering tariffs, (4) interventionism and (5) global governance. It is typically viewed as opposite of nationalism, and has become increasingly divisive in politics in many developed countries, such as the United States." - wikipedia

He campaigned as anti-globalist, but has been compromising (and in some cases reversing himself) on all points associated with globalism since he took office.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No. He hasn't. That's what I'm talking about.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,680 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,216
Posts18,466,338
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.