Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
My email to them:

To

communicationsbiglakeschools.org

Message body
Hello,

Since your decision to single out a certain group of students has now gone national, I assume you might value input from far and wide.

My suggestion for your yearbook photo policy is to suggest that you avoid publishing pictures of anyone who isn't LGBTQ, at least 6.25% Native American, 0% Scandinavian, and blue-eyed.

Why do you support a group whose pictures are 'published' nationally (worldwide) when you refuse to allow them to be pictured in your yearbook? It is little wonder that public schools find themselves being disparaged by many!

Mark Txxxxxxx
Graduate, Bemidji State University
Public School teacher since 1982

Damn, I need to stop being snarky! laugh

Not my opinion Klik,

SNARK on brother!!

especially to those kind of folks.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Read this article. It explains specifically how our schools have been communized, not least through the assiduous efforts of the communist, Barack Hussein Obama.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/03/obamas_snowflakes.html

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My email to them:

"Dear Mr. Westerberg,

Please have your Board reconsider the decision to exclude the picture of Big Lake HS Trap Team from publication in the school's yearbook.

They are participating in a school sanctioned competitive event, and there is no egregious behavior exhibited that warrants exclusion from a yearbook designed to celebrate school activities.

If the rules are such that even a photo of firearms in the hands of a school sanctioned shooting team needs to be excluded I respectfully suggest your school board change that rule immediately.

I'm not a resident of your school district, this decision to exclude the team photo is now a national (worldwide?) news item and it is a concern of mine that these kids get all the recognition they deserve along with their schoolmates, faculty, and administrative staff, as has been done for many years in many school districts across our nation.

Thanks in advance for your consideration,

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This just in:

Kimberly Johnson <ki.johnsonbiglakeschools.org>
Today at 10:52 AM

To

Mark Txxxxxxxx

Message body
The policy has been amended and the photo will be allowed in the yearbook. Thank you.

laugh

(It's amazing how quickly people get their tails in gear when their servers start smoking! wink )

Last edited by Klikitarik; 04/27/17.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Too damn white.

Now, recruit a couple Somalians or illegals to the team and that photo would be on the cover of the yearbook.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's pretty much what I thought...Plus; what if one of 'em identified as transgender? They'd make the book for sure. Talk about insanity.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
fuggin awesome!

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another win!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the support.
This spread like wildfire on social media. These kids and the ones that follow them deserve it. This is becoming a very big sport around here. These kids are the future of the shooting sports and hunting. I was up at Reed's Gun Fair this past weekend to shoot some factory guns. There were lots of parents shopping for guns for their kids. Every manufacture had their "micro" models for them to shoot.

WCCO NEWS

The formal request on a policy amendment was approved by administration on Thursday. Here is the Policy Amendment:

All photos, written text, and artwork must conform to school policies and are subject to approval by the yearbook advisor and/or administration. Photos and artwork that violate school policy, display firearms, weapons, drugs, alcohol, inappropriate gestures or poses, and revealing or obscene clothing may be edited or excluded without permission or notification. Exception given to our school-sponsored trap-shooting team which will be allowed to have team pictures in the yearbook, team poster displayed in the school, and any approved photos taken by yearbook staff. These photos would include their firearms.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Sadly, the dukes hafta always be up.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

True but now so are our's. This is a perfect example of how we don't need to be shouted down by a vocal minority. I think we have been conditioned so long to shrug shoulders and retreat to bitch about what's wrong with the world. It had gotten to the point we felt powerless. The left has long overstepped there bounds, I don't think they are used to a little pushback...and God knows they need it.

Keep up the vigilance on the local fronts.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by westside_benny

True but now so are our's. This is a perfect example of how we don't need to be shouted down by a vocal minority. I think we have been conditioned so long to shrug shoulders and retreat to bitch about what's wrong with the world. It had gotten to the point we felt powerless. The left has long overstepped there bounds, I don't think they are used to a little pushback...and God knows they need it.

Keep up the vigilance on the local fronts.

I'm happy this situation has turned out the way it did. However, down the road your task is much more daunting. You, and others have to take the school board head on and vote them out of a job. Get your current members gone and your choices in office. One by one, but get it done.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
D
DW7 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Graduated from there back in 85. Glad they let em in!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Very true. The communistnazi liberals never, ever, disengage.

Defeat them on an issue and they merely back off, regroup, and come at you from a different direction.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Happy ending, but more battles coming.
Lets be ready.

NRA Patron
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Time to fire the school board
THIS , PUBLISH EVERY MEMBERS PHONE # ND ADDRESS AND EMAIL.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most excellent!

1Minute
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Mark Txxxxxxx
Graduate, Bemidji State University

Go Beavers!

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

347 members (1Longbow, 1lesfox, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 30 invisible), 2,732 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,748
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.