Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
So it has been stated on the 'Fire.

How many rounds could they get off if we (SK & US) decide to do a preemptive strike?

I can not believe kim has developed his nuclear arsenal to the point that he can deliver artillery fired nukes. I know US Army Reservists whom were trained to fire tactical nukes from our 155s thirty years ago. I assume those shells are still in inventory. Though I would certainly hope their use be held as a matter of last resort.

With satalite imagery and our evesdropping capabilities, we muat know the exact location of every howitzer, rocket, or missile in N Korea.

Between every aircraft SK and the US could put in the air, every Tomohawk we could launch, and the artillery in S Korea, what is the chance we could eliminate the N Korean threat as efficiently as we did The Republican Guard?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think it's impossible to stop Kim's wrath on S.Korea, he has too many locations to launch an attack...nukes not so much, but many will die with standard missiles/bombs

Last edited by Bwana_1; 04/28/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Think the question is if he or his generals have actually put together a real plan to attack SK, or just blustered about it - and does he have a delivery method ready for a nuke.

Only they know for sure, but if their nukes are so far just laboratory weapons, they may have a hard time setting one off in the field. Even dropping from an airplane isn't a trivial issue, and any plane headed south from NK is going to get shot to hell the moment it crosses the DMZ.

odds are he does have a bunch of nerve gas loaded on artillery shells, and they could kill a bunch of people. frown

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They just tested another ballistic missile. Failed again..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Some of the artillery allegedly is on rails and can be rolled back into hillsides for safety.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'd be surprised if NK has 10K artillery pieces that could range Seoul from the other side of the DMZ.

We're talking about 30 miles at the closest possible point.

Makes a good headline for the hand-wringers though.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have to agree across the board with M.Marine. 10,000? -phffft- Hit Seoul? -phfft-

If the fat midget launches an attack the question is open regarding our response. I assume that if this occurs there will be American casualties along the Z. Seriously doubt the CIC will entertain an invasion by US forces and a conventional land battle. Would not surprise me a bit he would make a simple statement to the world and erase Pyongyang, the midget and most if not all of their ability to wage war and/or govern. The Korean peninsula would likely be reunited in the aftermath.

Mushrooms are the solution to so many problems in the turd world.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How do they roll it out if the rails are damaged?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Keep Kim's foot on the gas.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Keep Kim's foot on the gas.
Yep, full speed ahead.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Korean peninsula is too small for either side to think about nuking the other. It would be akin to napalming the house you are trying to burgle.

Lil'Un would use his nukes against Japan, and any of our forces he could reach (including Hawaii and the mainland if he could get his subs there) but never Seoul. He wants Seoul. He NEEDS Seoul. He would not make the whole of the south an uninhabitable wasteland. He already has one of those.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Without a doubt we have intel on what type or generations of artillery they possess be it straight tube or mobile rocket. I agree 10 K seems a hyped exaggeration but they do have the technology to give Seoul a very bad day.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Think the question is if he or his generals have actually put together a real plan to attack SK,

I think a better question is do his generals have the authority, and the initiative, to cut loose if act one of the tussle results in chubby taking a dirt nap.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The little fat fuqk reminds me of Saddam Husein, He has no idea of the world around him nor does he have any idea of the military power other than what he posses.

He will try to launch on SK just like Saddam did with Israel.

He is going to be a problem no doubt but he will be dealt with in a very short period of time.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The Korean peninsula is too small for either side to think about nuking the other. It would be akin to napalming the house you are trying to burgle.

Lil'Un would use his nukes against Japan, and any of our forces he could reach (including Hawaii and the mainland if he could get his subs there) but never Seoul. He wants Seoul. He NEEDS Seoul. He would not make the whole of the south an uninhabitable wasteland. He already has one of those.

+1

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just noticed the cake. Happy birthday 12344mag!

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Heard this same old gloom and doom rhetoric back in 1990. Facts turned out to be much different.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 12344mag
The little fat fuqk reminds me of Saddam Husein, He has no idea of the world around him nor does he have any idea of the military power other than what he posses.

He will try to launch on SK just like Saddam did with Israel.

He is going to be a problem no doubt but he will be dealt with in a very short period of time.

You got that rigbt. The little buggers elevator does not go to the top floor.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I'd be surprised if NK has 10K artillery pieces that could range Seoul from the other side of the DMZ.

We're talking about 30 miles at the closest possible point.

Makes a good headline for the hand-wringers though.

My knowledge of artillary is about thirty years dated. To my knowledge, even rocket boosted 155 shells do not reach 30 mile targets, Is this still correct?

Of course this leaves his arsenal of rockets and whatever missiles he has managed to make functional.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember reading somewhere that the Norks can drop 500,000 rounds of artillery on the South per hour, in the early days of a fight. With 10,000 pieces that might be almost possible, but I wouldn't think it could last long. No, I don't know crap about firing artillery.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 78 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,688
Posts18,456,480
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.