Page 21 of 27 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 26 27
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
G dub, kudos on doing gods work! Looks fun

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Circling someone...

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Awesome pic Sam!

Here's a freshie I snagged off some show I was watching... spin it if you like a little FUNK in your life! Cool tune.

https://youtu.be/-OqrcUvrbRY

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by SamOlson
G is busy having fun in Texas...

Stick is busy having fun in Alaska...

WA, ID, etc, all having fun...

I am not having fun in Montana.

Teaching dogs how to drive is a pain in the ass...

[Linked Image]

And speaking of holes, pretty sure that was the last one left in the state.

That looks like a pain in the ass.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
...damn, Gary has gotten big.

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Fred, don't startle me like that man!

laughing

Specs on the rifle?

It's a five digit Remington 700. With a 8 twist obermeyer finishes .750 at the mussed with a bartlein 4 dupe or abouts. cerekoted sniper gray. Metal Work was done by a friend. I put the mcs-eh2 manners on it had to shoehorn the thing on. PTG bottom and the reamer was the graybull 7mm RM cut. Shoots pretty well with 162 and 175 ELD X and 150 scenars are nails.

Last edited by fredIII; 04/28/17.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by fredIII
[Linked Image]

I like the stock, but it's a poor fit for blind mag. It's almost perfectly square under the mag. I've wished I went detachable on mine. It's a nice handle for a light varmint/mid-weight sporter.

I'm pretty sure the hard-shelled possum is going make boone and crockett...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
[Linked Image]

I like the stock, but it's a poor fit for blind mag. It's almost perfectly square under the mag. I've wished I went detachable on mine. It's a nice handle for a light varmint/mid-weight sporter.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

ive seen one of those before ...

[Linked Image]

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

ive seen one of those before ...

[Linked Image]

That's a pretty ruger as well.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have a ruger that's been in progress way to long.

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The "Spot Remover"

[Linked Image]

Bobcat called in to 17 paces.Not only did that one ounce slulg knock him cross-eyed,

[Linked Image]

but removed most of his spots also!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by geedubya[s

[Linked Image]

GWB,

Glock 20?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If so, give details!

My trail gun is the big 10mm Glock, but I've never killed anything with it. Accurate sucker.

Got my Glock 22 on as I type,,, have had a problem with the [bleep] new neighbor's [bleep] big pit bull mix coming at me ON MY OWN LAND! Grrr.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Yes, that is a Glock 20 SF. I typically load it with 200 gr Hornady XTPs.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My daily carry is a Glock 43, but I do keep the G20 between the seats just in case, when I'm in town. At my lease I'm strapped from about 5 minutes after I get up and it's one of the last things I take off before I hit the sack.

Here is a story in regards to my decision to acquire it.........

I thought this one was gonna get me, rather than me, him. He was wounded and I tracked him into a cedar thicket. Seven rounds of 45 acp fmj's out of a glock 36 at 10' to 3' during a charge,when he finally succumbed to lead poisoning. We weighed him at 270 lbs.

[Linked Image]

I had taken three local peace officers and their sons hog hunting. We shot 19 hogs in three days and recovered 16. The young man who wounded this hog had never fired a rifle. I had dropped him and his dad off at an elevated blind about 20 minutes before and had gone on down to put out another man and his son. I had come back down the road and stopped my truck adjacent to the blind and was talking to them when a group of hogs came to the corn. The distance was about 130 yds to the corn. His dad instructed him where to hold on the hog and to squeeze the trigger. He was shooting a scoped 243. The hog bucked at the shot and ran off. We waited about 20 minutes. I asked the boy if he would like to track him. He said sure. I located the blood trail and we took off through the cedar, which is very dense here. It had rained that night so between the tracks in the mud and blood it was not to difficult.
We had probably gone 70 yds into the cedar and I was instructing him on tracking. I figured we would come on him laying dead.
That would not be the case. I always carry a pistol at our lease in case I need one. At that time I carried a glock 36 in 45acp with a plus one extension. I almost always carry it in a belt slide, but for some reason I had it in a breakaway fanny pack this one time.
Anyway we were following sign when I heard some grunting and this boar charged us out from under a cedar bush at about six feet away. The boy was in front of me and I was able to push him to one side, out of the way. The boar ran right between my legs. I'm 5' 8". Luckily he did not hook my femoral artery on either leg. Perhaps if he hadn't been hurt he would have. He knocked me over when he went between my legs. I did a shoulder roll and came up with my pistol in my hand. However, he did not turn and charge again, but continued running. At this point the boy said he had had enough. I said I was going to get the SOB. I tracked him another 20 yds. or so and he was laying up against a large cedar log. I yelled to the boy,Ò€here he isÒ€. When I yelled, the boar got up and started charging me again. At this point he was about 10 feet away. However, this time I had my pistol in my hand. I put seven in him and was dry firing when he dropped at my feet. Talk about an adrenalin rush. We carry radios with us at all times and so the chatter and bullshit started. These guys being officer wanted to know what the hell I was doing with a full auto. I told them that it was only a semi auto glock, but that I was just in a hurry, and that as soon as I got back to town I was investing in a high cap 10 mm.

Here is one more pix of the boy and the hog.

[Linked Image]

Anywho, I like the comfort of having 16 friends with me ( and usually carry a spare mag) when I'm out and about!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 05/02/17.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great story GWB. That's a big hog.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I wouldn't trust a 10mm either. I had a Glock 20 that I used on a polecat. Took 4 rounds to put it down. I switched to a 41 Magnum after that as my "finisher".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah... grouse hunting in the Cascades with Lucy when she was just a pup we ran into a big bear... being 9 months old and a brave soul she went towards it... the 45 ACP Kimber on my belt suddenly seemed really small. So then I got a 44 mag S&W for that stuff. Great gun, but I really had to aim it to hit anything; it didn't point naturally for me at all. The large-frame 10mm Glock fits my big mitts great and shoots very intuitively. My particular sample is very accurate as well.

I carried a Kahr P45 a lot in the woods and like everything about those in terms of bang/weight ratio but under stress I found I again shot it poorly. That long trigger pull.... I'd yank and miss low. Much prefer the Glock trigger and as clunky and inelegant as Glocks are... I love 'em for the great tools they are.

Carried my G22 all day again. [bleep] dog.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Carried my G22 all day again.

[Linked Image]

the Glock 43 is my daily carry!

The +1 mag extension works well for concealed carry. I carry a spare mag with a +2 extension.

Depending on the locale, and I feel like more friends would be welcome, I will carry the CZ 2075 RAMI

[Linked Image]

That and a spare mag gives me 26 rounds +/-, IIRC.

ON rare occasions, it is the G42 with light and laser. Good for taking out the garbage at night.

[Linked Image]

If I'm in a splendiferous mood, it's the 7/8ths scale Browning Black Label in 380 loaded with the Critical Defense ammo.

[Linked Image]

if I'm feeling 'ornery,

[Linked Image]

its the 44 Special

and for more formal occasions..........

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 05/03/17.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
and once in a blue moon I may head on down to Rosa's!

[Linked Image]

for a bit of card play!

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 05/03/17.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DanGilbertTX
I wouldn't trust a 10mm either. I had a Glock 20 that I used on a polecat. Took 4 rounds to put it down. I switched to a 41 Magnum after that as my "finisher".

Was this serious or in jest? Guys "trust" 10 mm up here for stuff larger than polecats...Or maybe you have really large 'cats?

Page 21 of 27 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (11point, 2500HD, 160user, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 69 invisible), 2,734 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,334
Posts18,468,644
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.