Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
dpd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Anybody have one or have any experience with one ?

Last edited by dpd; 04/26/17.
BP-B2

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have the P380...fantastic gun. Has run 100% with everything fed. Has become my go-to gun when I can't carry the Commander...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Xtreme Defender...7 yards

[Linked Image]

Liberty shoots just a little low from POA..

[Linked Image]

The CW is just the less expensive version... I have a CW9 and it is an excellent gun...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
D
dpd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Glad to hear that . I'm looking at getting a .380 for those times when my 43 won't work . I really like the look of the Kahr .

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've got 2 Kahr 9's in my rotation. IMHO, the sub-compact Kahrs are the most easily concealed handguns out there.

Had a pawn shop guy ask me about the gun in my back pocket once (a 642).

Have never had anybody bust my cover carrying the Kahrs - holster, pocket, whatever.

Last edited by local_dirt; 04/26/17.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I almost bought one, until I saw it did not have a thumb safety, so I bought a M&P Bodyguard instead. Not sorry either. It was way less than the Kahr and I got S&W quality.

Better to be over the hill than under it.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thumb safety? Seriously?

And I love it when someone convinces their self that they got a way better gun for way less money.

We all know that better costs less. laugh

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
if your a normal person, the no safety revolver like trigger pull on the CW380 makes it an excellent small weapon. My wife has a PM380 and I have the CW380, both work fine and I am happy with both. I had a PM9, damn that was an accurate pistol but I convinced myself to trade it for a no safety shield and I like that pistol as well.

the no safety CW380 is perfect for pocket carry and my gun so far in about 400 rounds or so has worked every time.

D
dpd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Smith & Wesson Bodyguard.... by far the WORST shooting gun I've ever put in my hand.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I owned one Kahr 380acp and it will probably be my last Kahr. Loved the size, fit and finish but it was the worst functioning pistol I've ever owned/shot.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Ditto.. Excellent little pistol, but mine seems to prefer 90 gr boolits rather than the 85 gr I tried early on.

Originally Posted by NVhntr
Thumb safety? Seriously?
Beat me to it.. Simple always beats complicated.. FWIW.

Originally Posted by Nebraska
I owned one Kahr 380acp and it will probably be my last Kahr. Loved the size, fit and finish but it was the worst functioning pistol I've ever owned/shot.
Details? Ammo used?

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My daily carry gun is a CT 380, I like it better than the other Kahr models because it just a little longer in the grip so my little finger isn't dangling. I guess the down side is that it has to have the longer 7 round mag, but the extra round in the mag is nice and I just like the way it fits. It shoots and functions fine. I have to fire a qualifications course with it every year and have no trouble.

The older I get the better I was.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Redneck

Details? Ammo used?

I tried a variety of Rem, Fed, Fiocchi, Cor-Bon, and Speer FMJ and HP (varied weights too) to break it in. Out of all that ammo, Rem UMC HP was (surprisingly) the best but even with that I rarely made it through a mag without a FTF.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Details? Ammo used?

I tried a variety of Rem, Fed, Fiocchi, Cor-Bon, and Speer FMJ and HP (varied weights too) to break it in. Out of all that ammo, Rem UMC HP was (surprisingly) the best but even with that I rarely made it through a mag without a FTF.

Had the same issues with two kahr 45's. Just too much jamming. Dozen. Kinds of ammo. Had several people shoot them, same issues. Called kahr, they just said keep shooting them till they smooth out.

On the other hand, my son carries a kahr 380 and likes it a lot.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My CW9 shoots everything that is jacketed and handles/conceals great.

Regards,

Tom
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dpd
Anybody have one or have any experience with one ?

I got a CW380 because it was a good deal from a friend. He was trying Fiocchi ammo in it, and it wouldn't return to battery.

Well, google is your friend, and it is a known issue with the rim being oversized.

Runs well for me. It's a great gun to carry when you can't carry a "real" gun.

I did my research and bought it knowing that it may or may not shoot certain ammo well. I figure it's still light years ahead of my first pocket gun, a 32 Seecamp that would ONLY shoot silvertips......

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
+1 on the Kahr P .380. Guy who sold me mine lied about its reliability, but a trip back to Kahr fixed that at no cost except for shipping, with a one week turnaround. Excellent customer service. I also have a glock 42, but for a true .380 pocket pistol, there is nothing close to it.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
the trigger the [bleep] trigger .

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have two of the Kahrs now and they both have been fine. I have had a total of 4 Kahr's. I do admit that one of them was less than 100%, it was an irregular event once per box of ammo or less, but I could not figure it out. I traded it back to the gun store I bought it from for a loss.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Details? Ammo used?

Semi-autos can be a real pita at times - both in handguns and rifles.. Many end up being quite 'ammo-specific'....i.e., they like ONE maker/type and that's IT.. Kahr recommends running at least 200 rounds through for the break-in period. Guess I'm lucky.. The (5) ones I've had have all been w/o failure as far as feeding/firing/ejection.. Only ONE, my P-9, had a failure of a rail on the frame. I sent it to Kahr and they replaced the entire frame with a new S/N and accompanying letter to keep for my records. It was done quickly and free - even though that handgun is at least 7-8 years old..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I looked again yesterday, and there is nothing between a G42 and a Kahr 380 that I would carry in my pocket in a semi auto, but this is just my opinion. Everyone raves about the little cocked and locked SIGS, but I don't think they are a good idea in your pocket, lint, other pocket stuff under the hammer, safety coming off inadvertently, the triggers on the rugers and smith 380's triple suck, Keltec is an old Ethiopian word for dung etc.

I keep a magazine in my left pocket and its amazing to see what accumulates in the hollow points regards lint.

The g42 I sold was too big and also the trigger not good for pocket carry, the list is short for a decent pocket carry 380, if it were not for the Kahr I would still be carrying my titanium smith 38 in my pocket.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
95 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 13 invisible), 1,749 guests, and 736 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,727
Posts18,400,720
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.