-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
O
Looks like a nice bike ! I have owned Harleys all my life & still ride my 1982 FXR Harley . It's not what you have it's the fun you have . Never get old & keep buying all the toys you want.

Ron

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Reminds me of the 80s Honda Sabres

Who is John Galt?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nice ride! Just remember we don't heal like we did when we were 20! grin

Oh yeah, you could have taken glamor shots like this...... [Linked Image]

You'd probably look great in a bikini.

Last edited by 12344mag; 04/29/17.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
...You'd probably look great in a bikini.
Be careful what you wish for, I could make that happen... sick laugh

[Linked Image]

And in less frivolous matters, I am acutely aware we don't heal like we used to. shocked I'm not paranoid but am definitely not the immortal Motorcycle Lord of my youth. To be honest I doubt I will ever use more than 50-60% of what this machine is really capable of, but even that much is a whole ton of fun.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Originally Posted by 12344mag
...You'd probably look great in a bikini.
Be careful what you wish for, I could make that happen... sick laugh

[Linked Image]

Lol, you got bigger hooters than the chick I posted! 'Cept for the hair............

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or, it's spring and an old man's fancy turns to thoughts of new motorcycles, part too.

Picked up a 2017 Yamaha FZ07 sport bike today and if it can be described in three words, those would be FUN FUN FUN. 689cc vertical twin, 400 pounds wet, 75 hp and flat torque curve around 50 ft/lbs throughout the rpm range. Not so powerful to get me in trouble but plenty of go for the highway and local canyons, plus this thing handles like a dream. It has a more upright seating position than a super sport with those low clip on handlebars but it's not up straight, it's really just perfect for me. With the light weight and sport bike geometry it is just as maneuverable and nimble as I could want.

Had a Honda CB500X, an "adventure bike" and while it was a great re-learner, it just never felt that sure footed on the highway. When you leaned into a 45 mph (posted) corner it would say to me, "uh, maybe you better obey that speed limit". This new one says, "are you kiddin' me?!" Really, I have no death wish and don't try to see how fast I can bomb around corners but this thing is rock solid. From the dealership I immediately headed out to our local twisty run, Idaho 21 for those in the area, and it tracked those corners with an assurance the Honda just never had. Plus it has lots more get up and go than the old one - twist the throttle anywhere from 3500 rpm on up in any gear and it pulls away strong. It reminds me more than anything of my old Norton 750 Commando but more powerful and about 100 times more refined.

We might get old but we're never too old to play with new toys... wink

Me giving my verdict on the new motorcycle. The color coordination wasn't by accident, I figured I had to get a red and black bike since I already had the red and black jacket. It's no different than buying a new rifle because you already have a box of ammo for it...

[Linked Image]

Glamour shots.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This odometer reading didn't last long at all.

[Linked Image]

Looks nice too, but that seat looks like a numb ass on a long ride.

My buddy and I had a couple of these back in the early 80's, we actually took 250 mile rides to Tahoe on them. He decided he wanted another one, bought one in good shape, then restored it the rest of the way...now I'm jealous. One of the first sport bikes.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Or, it's spring and an old man's fancy turns to thoughts of new motorcycles, part too.

Picked up a 2017 Yamaha FZ07 sport bike today and if it can be described in three words, those would be FUN FUN FUN. 689cc vertical twin, 400 pounds wet, 75 hp and flat torque curve around 50 ft/lbs throughout the rpm range. Not so powerful to get me in trouble but plenty of go for the highway and local canyons, plus this thing handles like a dream. It has a more upright seating position than a super sport with those low clip on handlebars but it's not up straight, it's really just perfect for me. With the light weight and sport bike geometry it is just as maneuverable and nimble as I could want.

Had a Honda CB500X, an "adventure bike" and while it was a great re-learner, it just never felt that sure footed on the highway. When you leaned into a 45 mph (posted) corner it would say to me, "uh, maybe you better obey that speed limit". This new one says, "are you kiddin' me?!" Really, I have no death wish and don't try to see how fast I can bomb around corners but this thing is rock solid. From the dealership I immediately headed out to our local twisty run, Idaho 21 for those in the area, and it tracked those corners with an assurance the Honda just never had. Plus it has lots more get up and go than the old one - twist the throttle anywhere from 3500 rpm on up in any gear and it pulls away strong. It reminds me more than anything of my old Norton 750 Commando but more powerful and about 100 times more refined.

We might get old but we're never too old to play with new toys... wink

Me giving my verdict on the new motorcycle. The color coordination wasn't by accident, I figured I had to get a red and black bike since I already had the red and black jacket. It's no different than buying a new rifle because you already have a box of ammo for it...

[Linked Image]

Glamour shots.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This odometer reading didn't last long at all.

[Linked Image]

Looks nice too, but that seat looks like a numb ass on a long ride.

My buddy and I had a couple of these back in the early 80's, we actually took 250 mile rides to Tahoe on them. He decided he wanted another one, bought one in good shape, then restored it the rest of the way...now I'm jealous. One of the first sport bikes.

[Linked Image]

When my younger brother and I were in High school in the late '70s he bought a red '75 Honda 400 super sport that looked nearly Identical to that bike. I got that thing to 115 MPH going down a hill once.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 02bfishn, 59 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,224
Posts18,466,531
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.