Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 34 of 37 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 37
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Thats a lie. You cant science the missing link and you never will, truthfully or honestly.

No 1. You cant science life.

Yea,

We can:

[Linked Image]

Dang dudes, 28 pages?

Now, I wonder where I fit on that continuum above? confused

"It's also why I'll ask participants if they believe in a young earth. There answer will tell me a lot about where they stand on the Curdog to Ringman continuum. "

I'm pretty sure I'm comfortable enough in my own beliefs and I hope you folks are also.

Geno

PS, depending on one's definition of "young" I could be convinced I believe in an "old" earth,............ or maybe a "young" earth. Mostly I sorta guess around 4 billion or so BPE. But I'm not an astrophysicist or one of them "eggheads".

PPS, if a person believes a certain way, and it involves a belief in something that is not "real", but said belief leads him to be a better person, is that any different than "the placebo effect" in medicine? I take a few supplements that some folks say have no "real" efficacy. But they seem to work for me so there is an "effect" even if not "caused" by the supplements. I feel better and could care less if it's "real".

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

First Sunday, after the first full moon, after the Spring Solstice. And Christmas is 3 days after the Winter Solstice.

Either way, the Lamb and homemade Merlot today will be great!

Originally Posted by wabigoon:
Could someone post about the pope that changed the pagan holidays to Christian?
The date changes nothing from the fact however.

Christians nefariously hijacked Easter from the pagans but think they have exclusive licence on Easter.

When I used to go to catholic mass, they would feed you what they called the body and blood of christ.
the concept of feeding human flesh and blood to humans is a crazy sick demented ritual.
and priests would carry the corpse of a dead Jesus on a cross around their neck.

all weird and creepy.

But the stupid doesnt stop there... 24CF has folk that believe in talking donkeys, talking snakes and talking trees.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by CCCC
Starman - you're the one with crossed wires...If you can't grasp the difference, your posts are even more worthless.
reminder , You are the crazy irrational one that stated my reading of and listening to christians is 'mind reading' Dead wrong there Starman - you were fake "mind-reading" when you tried to assume the intent of others - go back and read your own words.

its a pity the less educated christians often have the loudest voice of the christian fraternity. this might help you with your ignorance:
listen (def.) give ones attention to a sound (Can't hear you. Does listening include reading your written messes?)

read(def.)comprehend the meaning of written or printed matter. (You write poorly. Does comprehension include the spoken word?)

mind read(def.) a person who can supposedly discern what another person is thinking. (This is what you pretend to do)
have you any concept of the difference between one not being internally bothered or upset by nasty attacks...[b] yet acting on a strong principle? (You conveniently left out that given distinction)
[/b]internal or external, fact remains you are bothered.. otherwise you would have no cause to mount a defence. (See above, Mr. Avoidance)
you may be able to see why your post comes across as deliberate and devious nastiness.
Anything that doesn't suit you, you take offence to, proves my previous point about precious christians playing the victim card. There you go again, trying to tell me what I think or feel, thus pointing to your own faking. And, when you attempt to describe Christians and Christianity, you are addressing something about which you seem to know little or nothing.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dead wrong there Starman - you were fake "mind-reading" when you tried to assume the intent of others - go back and read your own words.

Below is my orig. statement that has to do with verbal or written form of delivery , not your crazy irrational idea of mind reading.

When a christian tells another their life is not complete without the belief they have in God (and a burning in hell consequence for not having the same beliefs )
they are implying their choice of belief is the better one, - -

you were fake "mind-reading"

LOL...Fake as opposed to real mind reading?...there is such a thing?

WEAK ! Now you are down to describing what a person is "implying" - pretending that you have the power to read their mind and announce their intent.

Implying has nothing to do with mind reading....imply means to suggest.

I feel sorry for folks like you that are so poor even at base level comprehension.
too much bible mythology and not enough rational learning classroom time...sad really.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

As R Reagen told Sam Donaldson, your ancestors may have come from monkeys, not mine. Same here.

The wisdom of RR aside, how does anyone, presumably graduating HS, not know that Evolution does not claim humans came from monkeys.

Evolution only claims that humans share a common ancestor with monkeys. Humans do, after all, share greater than 98 percent of their DNA sequence with Chmipzanee monkeys which is demonstrable evidence of the linkage.

But then again, you live in TX and may have attended HS there.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dead wrong there Starman - you were fake "mind-reading" when you tried to assume the intent of others - go back and read your own words.

Below is my orig. statement that has to do with verbal or written form of delivery , not your crazy irrational idea of mind reading.

When a christian tells another their life is not complete without the belief they have in God (and a burning in hell consequence for not having the same beliefs )
they are implying their choice of belief is the better one, - -

you were fake "mind-reading"

LOL...Fake as opposed to real mind reading?...there is such a thing?

WEAK ! Now you are down to describing what a person is "implying" - pretending that you have the power to read their mind and announce their intent.

Implying has nothing to do with mind reading....imply means to suggest.
I feel sorry for folks like you that are so poor even at base level comprehension.
too much bible mythology and not enough rational learning classroom time...sad really.

Another hint - trying to tell someone what they are "implying" is hardly different from telling them what they are "thinking", Either is presumptuous on your part.
Trying to be rational and fair with you on an issue is rather like trying to help someone who has a bad habit, but is in denial. Progress seems not possible. The Campfire has a new "look" today, and I'm going to leave this exchange and take a new look. So, Bye !

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

You really need to know more about the people that you try to insult. I guarantee that lack of education has nothing to do with Paul's belief. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by carbon12

As R Reagen told Sam Donaldson, your ancestors may have come from monkeys, not mine. Same here.

The wisdom of RR aside, how does anyone, presumably graduating HS, not know that Evolution does not claim humans came from monkeys.

Evolution only claims that humans share a common ancestor with monkeys. Humans do, after all, share greater than 98 percent of their DNA sequence with Chmipzanee monkeys which is demonstrable evidence of the linkage.

And was accepted into a 4 year doctorate program at a major university after 3 years of pre-med. I was accepted a year early, before even completing my under grad degree. I was awarded an honorary bachelors degree in order for to award my Doctors degree.

All this was after completing a scientific course in Comparative Anatomy, no less.

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/01/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And was accepted into a 4 year doctorate program at a major university after 3 years of pre-med. I was accepted a year early, before even completing my under grad degree. I was awarded an honorary bachelors degree in order for to award my Doctors degree.

So, just to be clear. You HAVE won a Major award.?

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

So, just to be clear. You HAVE won a Major award.?

[Linked Image]

Well, it IS a nice award.

Be tough tho to feng shui it into a living room I 'd guess.......

IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus

randomly, a lot of folks including frijof capra, who? a physicist of course, believes that all life differentiated from a one-celled "prototype." given enough time, slelection, and change, then two divisions began: the plants & the animals. whether he's right, not sure but it makes a degree of sense. where did the one-celled life form come from? from outer space as simple proteins encased in rocks? i don't know.

but, we all know that present day humans are a violent crowd, even the religious of various kinds, types & sorts know that. there were probably all kinds of "near humans" in the past, competing for space, and opportunity to advance, breed, & multiply. but, likely due to humankinds innate aggressiveness, they laid in wait at favored watering holes, and bashed the intruders/invaders to death. so, we present day humans emerged supreme. it's really that simple. our closest kin couldn't compete with us, but far off kin like monkeys, orangutangs, [bleep], etc. could. they occupied different niches in the environment spread out over the globe than did humans. but, clearly they're a minority now, and we could deal with them, but there's no need.

humans emerged as the arch-rulers of the earth under existing environmental conditions. and he brought numerious versions of god along for the trip. some of them are still traveling with us.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Valsdad
PPS, if a person believes a certain way, and it involves a belief in something that is not "real", but said belief leads him to be a better person, is that any different than "the placebo effect" in medicine? I take a few supplements that some folks say have no "real" efficacy. But they seem to work for me so there is an "effect" even if not "caused" by the supplements. I feel better and could care less if it's "real".

Why do you presume believing something not true would make a person better and not worse?

As for your fake medicine, if you are going to get better anyway, wouldn't you prefer to get better and keep you money?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Make some life from the elements. I dare ya.

Humans are of the infraorder Simian, which means technically YOU ARE A MONKEY.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

All this was after completing a scientific course in Comparative Anatomy, no less.

The Discovery Institute doesn't count as a "Major University".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Another hint - trying to tell someone what they are "implying" is hardly different from telling them what they are "thinking",

Words spoken or written convey what people are implying, but your crazy wacko mind calls it 'mind reading'.
best you educate yourself on the difference.

but as I said ,too much goofy mythology and not enough practical real world education is your problem.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
PPS, if a person believes a certain way, and it involves a belief in something that is not "real",
but said belief leads him to be a better person, is that any different than "the placebo effect" in medicine?

Why do you presume believing something not true would make a person better and not worse?

Escapism through mythology brings comfort to people who cant cope very well with their human irrelevance.
out of sheer desperation they will believe almost anything...the fact they believe in young child level fables of
talking donkeys and talking trees is enough indicator of the profound gullibility and stupidity.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Make some life from the elements. I dare ya.

Humans are of the infraorder Simian, which means technically YOU ARE A MONKEY.

Where is that in the Bible? Oh, youre talking science, which cant produce an amoeba. Right? Those who cant produce an eyelash.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
So, if you came from an ape, you came from an amoeba. So, how many millions of genetic mutations led to higher, more complicated, efficient life forms which ended up with you. You gotta be chitting me.
Mutations are screw ups- not new species with physical or mental advancements.

Whether it be a calf or kid with two heads or stomachs or hearts, its of the same species and not an organism that passes on its traits that become common.

https://realtruth.org/articles/090806-002-science.html

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Like the liberal kids in college today who swallowed the cool aid, AS, you just swallowed a different flavor.

When science cant explain something through proof, it relies on its super intelligent ideas, which it then strives to thereafter prove, rather than admit not knowing, and concoct an explanation. The shamens cant make a living saying, "How de hail should I know".

They dream up some chitt like a "big bang" "Theory" and tell suckers like you that you should demand proof of God, but, of course, you need no proof of our theory called the "big bang".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 34 of 37 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

232 members (01Foreman400, 257 mag, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 280ACKIMP, 28 invisible), 1,274 guests, and 1,018 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,225
Posts18,447,540
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.