Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hey Guys,
I just picked up a 12x14 wall tent and am going to build an internal frame for it to save on set-up time and make things a bit cleaner/easier. I've been looking at the angle kits and think I'll go that way.
Just curious if anyone has any connections to good shops to talk to about buying the angle kits. I'd like to buy the adjustable ones as I'm not exactly sure of the angles right now.

So far I've looked at Cabelas and at http://www.walltentshop.com/anglekit.html

Not sure which I'd go with with the aluminum vs the steel for the angle kits.

Any comments/suggestions on angle kits, etc for a wall tent.

GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
This is how I do my tent with frame.
http://www.davistent.com/davisTent/html/FrameKit.html

I got my angles before the adjustable came out but really couldn't see how they would help

Last edited by roper; 08/04/07.

USMC
Life Member VFW
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Roper,
This is my first wall tent, so I'm just wondering whether all angle kits would work with this one. My tent has 3' walls and I'm just wanting to make sure that all angle kits will work with mine. Guess that why I figured the adjustable ones would work better?

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Rackmastr
Roper,
This is my first wall tent, so I'm just wondering whether all angle kits would work with this one. My tent has 3' walls and I'm just wanting to make sure that all angle kits will work with mine. Guess that why I figured the adjustable ones would work better?

I have my tent afew years before the metal angles came out and from my understand they are all the same angle but to be safe side get the adjustable ones or talk to the tent manufactor and see what they say. Wish I could help more

USMC
Life Member VFW
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I went with the Kwikkamp setup myself.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"...
Edmund Burke
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Any other comments about roof angles, slopes, etc and how the fixed angle kits work? I figured most had different sloped roofs, but it sounds like most guys are using the fixed angles so maybe they're not all that different after all...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some do have different roof pitches. That's why kwikkamp tells you how to measure YOUR tent. They also can tell you over the phone if you have a name brand tent, and give them the maker and size. That said, I had a local welding shop make mine out of aluminum tubing to fit 3/4 conduit. The bigger tubing/fittings is overkill on a 9 x 12 tent. And a bunch heavier......Don
I also made a wooden box to carry the tubes in. It can be taken apart and hung on either side of the frame as a shelf/catch-all. Helps keep the mice outta the groceries.
[Linked Image]
My internal frame is only used at a truck camp.
[Linked Image]
I cut poles when packing in.
[Linked Image]

My tent is an Eena from Beckel Canvas in green fabric. I have had other tents in white, from Davis and Colo. Tent. The green just 'looks' right, and blends into the landscape better. It is a bit darker on the inside during the day, tho....

Last edited by huntsman22; 08/05/07. Reason: pics added

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

174 members (35, 44mc, 338Rules, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 18 invisible), 1,357 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,468
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.