Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,271 of 1,842 1 2 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I wish I would have kept a few million mosquitos alive in some sort of... bug-quarium...

So I could release them outside today.

[Linked Image]

grin

Happy new years everybody!

Something clever here.

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Back at you, Dave.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That's cold.

In duluth the last few days, we started the cars but they sure argued about it. -5 here now south of you.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm sick of having to watch the weather to see when it will be warm enough to take my little-guy sledding/tubing again.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
we still haven't reached -20 today.... (we've been below that all day).

Something clever here.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just got back from the last pheasant hunt of the year. It was nice to end the year on a good note as I got the last rooster I saw. But it was sad that another year of hunting has come to an end (although I might get out coyote hunting yet).

Today was pretty cold, -10F, but again, I was sweating soon after starting even though I really didn't dress that warm. Man was the walking tough, I think I burned 459,859,587,234 calories.

Everyone have a Happy (and responsible) New Years!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Minus 2* here for a high.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
it's 1* above freezing here.
high today was 8* above freezing. maybe I shouldn't say anything, I just didn't want Stan to feel guilty all by himself smile

Happy New Years everyone!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
52� for us Okie's shocked

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Okay, there's cold...and then there's COLD! Me thinks yous guys got the second kind. We have a big humidifier 1/2 mile west and it usually keeps us above zero.

Sitting here with the family 10 minutes before ball drop. Have safe and happy 2014 everyone!

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
amen! I tried calling Dave tonight but I'm guessing he was hooking up with a big walleye, or baiting ma's hook and opening a beer.

happy new years everyone! 2 hours til midnight in God's time!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Good morning and Happy New Year everyone!

Big warm up over night. Hayward, WI was minus 26* at 10:30 last night and was heading for minus 35*. It was up to minus 13* this morning. We were minus 11* and now minus 7*. Not supposed to happen as far as I know.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Happy New Year from balmy South Carolina where it is a clear New Year's day and 37 degrees(above).High today expected to be in the fifties.
We have NO ice on the ponds and lakes.In fact my neighbor is going fishing tomorrow and is getting the boat ready today.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Happy New Year!

I know one thing! It's butt cold out heeere....and I'm FRESH out of BEEEEEER! (Grumpy Old Men ice fishing) smile

I wish that was the case. I have to drive 350 miles today to our SD plant to manage the physical inventory tomorrow. Our ownership out of Chicago is going to be there doing audits along with another independent auditing company from Chicago. This oughta be a blast...

I've been working on this for months. At firt I was told it was mandatory that all 777 employees at both plants were to take part in the physical inventory so I built the plan that way knowing that it would be a "CF". The night before I was to start training everyone, I was told by senior leadership that "it's too many people. Just use first shift employee's".

Really?? You mean what I have said from the beginning???? But I digressed, pushed the training out a week and reworked my entire plan to accomodate a couple hundred less people. I put together color coded teams in color coded areas of each facility. Each color has a Group lead and the 5 count teams in each color has a team lead. Their count areas are balanced by the number of SKU's and inventory value. I put together standard work for all processes and procedures and trained every employee twice. Every item will be counted twice by different teams and then 20% of each area will be audited by internal salary personnel. There will be no excuses this year for screwing up counting! lol

After this, I'm taking a week off and going fishing smile

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Yuck. Inventory is no fun. I used to have to do that at the sports shop I worked at. Nothing near what you're doing Rooster, I don't envy you a bit!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
doesn't sound fun to me either. too bad you don't have time to drive a little further and shoot some deers

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I helped my dad and grandfather do inventory at the garage. Had to count by size every nut and bolt, muffler clamps, belts, hoses etc. What a pain in the azz.

Just finished taking down the Christmas tree.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Happy New Year to everyone. I had to go back to work last night, the week with the kids has been great. They fly back to San Diego Friday. It was a fairly quiet night. Two drunks and a female who doesn't think she should have to pay child support. Life at the County Jail is always interesting. In the past 23 years I think I may have had 5 New Years off and maybe 6 Christmases. We work a 6 on and 2 off week so holidays don't usually fall on my day off. Enjoy the day, it is pretty close to bedtime for me.
Bill

You do not have to have had a psychotic episode to work here, it just saves time!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Yuck. Inventory is no fun. I used to have to do that at the sports shop I worked at. Nothing near what you're doing Rooster, I don't envy you a bit!

Ya I'm not looking forward to it at all but I can't get it over with without doing it. I'm so sick of working on it I could puke.

Ryan,
Trust me I would love to keep right on driving on I 90 than do this. smile hmmmmm....

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bill_55
Happy New Year to everyone. I had to go back to work last night, the week with the kids has been great. They fly back to San Diego Friday. It was a fairly quiet night. Two drunks and a female who doesn't think she should have to pay child support. Life at the County Jail is always interesting. In the past 23 years I think I may have had 5 New Years off and maybe 6 Christmases. We work a 6 on and 2 off week so holidays don't usually fall on my day off. Enjoy the day, it is pretty close to bedtime for me.
Bill
I have a customer who is a bail bondsman. He was in the other day and told me that New Year's Eve is basically his Black Friday. Between all the drunks getting rounded up, and the cops trying to pick up guys with warrants, he's busy all night writing bails. 'Never thought of it, but I suppose that's right. Happy New Year's to all the Chickenbuck Nation.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 1,271 of 1,842 1 2 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,072
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.