Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,326 of 1,842 1 2 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1841 1842
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Not sure about the insurance laws in Canada. Can you appeal the offer. What does your insurance carrier say? Would they repair the damage then subrogate the claim against the other carrier?

Yes, I'm in no rush, what so ever, to settle this claim for what they are offering.

I now have to supply "my" market valuation, based on research & logic and they will review.

Along with this, I can also supply copies of any, non maintenance invoices incurred in the last 12 months.

Just frustrating & infuriating !!

What I can't seem to make them understand, is that this is not a typical, 15 year old, Northern Ontario rust bucket.

I purchased it out of British Columbia, where they do not used salt one their roads, hence its condition & that through my business (Automotive repair garage), the vehicle has been treated to everything it deserves & more. Again, not typical Nth Ont stuff !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Basically, if I can get them to $4k, less the buyback figure, we'll be in the realms of being able to fix it properly.

Then, my only issue will be if the "write off" will be affixed to the title. If so, I'm up for a $700 tow bill to Thunder Bay & a further $350 for a structural safety, that I already know it will pass.

Paul.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Actually, rereading my above post, I need to establish the Clear title, before accepting any offer !

Paul.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Speaking of trucks... The 1978 Ford 4x4 is getting closer and closer to seeing the road.

Here are a few pics.

Probably my least favorite part of this project, the masking of parts I don't want it painted.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Putting in the carpet wasn't as easy as I thought it should be. grin I goofed too, I have to pull the front half of the carpet back and put the shifter and trans case boots in correctly.
[Linked Image]

Here is a shot with some color. It's actually Desert Tan, but for some reason, it looks yellow in these pics.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You can see the paint a bit better here. The running lights even work. grin
[img]http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/tzone777/IMG_0168_zpsd2ec10c7.jpg[/img]

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
cant wait to see it up at camp chickenbuck!

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
looks very similar to my first pickup, mine was a 79 I think, yellow and BAD rust, we called it "the hornet"

lookin good Tom!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
cant wait to see it up at camp chickenbuck!

Me either!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
i was thinking tom it looks like the start of a rainbow. hope the tan comes out brighter. may be the grey holding back the manliness of the tan pictures. Looking very good though. Great Job. You going to move in with dave and work with him?

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
looks very similar to my first pickup, mine was a 79 I think, yellow and BAD rust, we called it "the hornet"

lookin good Tom!

Well... it used to have bad rust. Now all the rust is good rust. grin

My goal is to get it running/driving well enough to get to chicken buck. I want to use it for at least one hunting season. Then, I'm going to sell it and use some of the money to start going on my 1955 F-100.

There WILL be another 1970's Ford 4x4 in the driveway. I already have a list of stuff that will be done differently and better than this one.

One thing will be a new suspension. all around 4" lift. It will ride better for one thing. The next one will also be a long box. With a regular cab, it's just more useful. Finding one with a 300 I-6, or putting one in is a strong possibility on the next one as well.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Looking good. Whatcha gonna do when you are done with this project???

My project of finishing our bonus room is going well. Sheetrocking today....no, not me...I am hiring that part out! Everyone should sheetrock and tape once and I have done that. I dont want any part of that again!

So far the naming committee thinks The Roost is maybe the best name. Simple, a nice gamebird connotation, rolls of the tonque easily. So far that is the best.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
Great Job. You going to move in with dave and work with him?

We haven't discussed this possbility. I'm thinking he has some live-in help already and he's probably a lot better at it than I am.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman

My project of finishing our bonus room is going well. Sheetrocking today....no, not me...I am hiring that part out! Everyone should sheetrock and tape once and I have done that. I dont want any part of that again!

So far the naming committee thinks The Roost is maybe the best name. Simple, a nice gamebird connotation, rolls of the tonque easily. So far that is the best.

I can put up sheet-rock like a mofo. Taping/finishing though is best left to the mexicans. They're really good, fast, and relitivly cheap.

That said, being a poor dude, I'm going to be doing my own here this summer. It can't look any worse than what is in the house now, that I know.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Truck is looking good Tom! I can't wait to see it at Chickenbuck either!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Free beer in exchange for royalties?

laugh

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nope, but you should just go ahead & move in !

Rooster's Roost, has a great ring to it.

Paul.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Heck yeah Rooster, you can come down for a Men's Night! But be forewarned, 2 of the guys are pilots and thus have many days off in a row. So they dont go by Mon-Tues-Wed, etc. For them it is Sat-Sat-Sat, etc. This leads to the weeeee hours of the morning on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Uffda. Good times will be had in the Roost though, that is for sure!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Building that goes a long way to getting your man card back... but the board of directors will take point away for a "mens night".

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Heck yeah Rooster, you can come down for a Men's Night! But be forewarned, 2 of the guys are pilots and thus have many days off in a row. So they dont go by Mon-Tues-Wed, etc. For them it is Sat-Sat-Sat, etc. This leads to the weeeee hours of the morning on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Uffda. Good times will be had in the Roost though, that is for sure!

I would need to take a PTO day me thinks!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone

I can put up sheet-rock like a mofo. Taping/finishing though is best left to the mexicans. They're really good, fast, and relitivly cheap.

That said, being a poor dude, I'm going to be doing my own here this summer. It can't look any worse than what is in the house now, that I know.
Let me know when you're readyto do that Tom. If I'm released from my restrictions, I'd be glad to come up and help.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If the board of directors understood men's night, they would award extra credit points. It is all testosterone, my friend! When the Burgen Brain Trust meets, Chuck Norris serves us.

Page 1,326 of 1,842 1 2 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
136 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 17 invisible), 1,902 guests, and 910 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,659
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.