Hop To
Page 1,334 of 1,842 1 2 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Happy Birthday Bill!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
I didn't know turkeys could drive? Amazing what you learn here. grin

happy b-day,Bill!
yes,that turkey ran straight down the middle of the road for 50 yards or so before it turned and saw me behind it.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by tzone
Happy B-day Bill.

I hope its a good un.

Thanks, guys.

Might be an expensive one. I've had my Ford dealer trying to find me a 14 Explorer equipped the way I want, not how the dealers like to load them up. Looks like he found one. Waiting to find out if the dealer that has it will do a dealer trade.

I think the tranny on my 06 explorer just crapped the bed...or someond put a 2800 stall converter in it last night.

Couldn't find anyting on a recall but there were ltts of "issues" with them.

I have 4k mi left on an extended warranty, so i'll get to try it out it sounds like.

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Looks like we just missed out on it. Another dealer was about an hour ahead of us. We still have a slight chance, as the other guy hasn't given a confirmation that they want it. In the mean time the search will continue.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Bill, what makes it unique? What do you want that most dealers dont have? I know sometimes dealers order a lot of vehicles that are basically the same. It can be kind of frustrating.

I remember going to a dealer looking for my 08 Super Duty F250 Lariat 4X4 Crew Cab. They had like 30 XLTs and 1 Lariat. Then they had the infinite wisdom to say they didnt sell many Lariats. Huh? Lariats are all over the road, maybe if you had some you might sell some??? Not exactly out-of-the-box thinkers so I went elsewhere and they still didnt sell a Lariat.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Looks like we just missed out on it. Another dealer was about an hour ahead of us. We still have a slight chance, as the other guy hasn't given a confirmation that they want it. In the mean time the search will continue.

What options are you looking for on the Explorer Bill? Well....besides a functioning transmission that is... whistle

grin

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Bill,
Just face it buddy, not many people want a green explorer with a big yellow G on it!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
You guys get the snow down to where you can find the mailboxes yet?

You do not have to have had a psychotic episode to work here, it just saves time!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman

I remember going to a dealer looking for my 08 Super Duty F250 Lariat 4X4 Crew Cab. They had like 30 XLTs and 1 Lariat. Then they had the infinite wisdom to say they didnt sell many Lariats. Huh? Lariats are all over the road, maybe if you had some you might sell some???

No kidding eh? I hate going to the dealership.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7

What options are you looking for on the Explorer Bill? Well....besides a functioning transmission that is... whistle

grin

I'd like the same thing.

Actually, on the way home it didn't do anything out of the ordinary. I'll just have to find some time to take it in.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
HAPPY BIRTHDAY,GRIZZLY BILL!!!!
Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 04/07/14.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

grin

Not much really, XLT with towing , heated leather seats, rear camera and the BLIS system. Problem is that the dealers add on other options that just jack up the price. If I order one I won't see it until July and we'll be in Oregon most of July. Plus our trade would be reduced because we'll have more miles on it. There's one more out there that's a possibility. It has 20" wheels but I think I found a another rebate that would take some of the sting out of the $1K price jump.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Bill,
Just face it buddy, not many people want a green explorer with a big yellow G on it!

You've got it backwards BM. It will be yellow with a big green G

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Thx Stan and all the rest of you for the BD wishes.

Most of our snow has disappeared. Be at least a week before it's all gone though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
well,another installment in the saga of my life.

I quit my job today,after getting hired back at the job I had before. crazy

I took the day off ,and went back to my old job,and was welcomed back,everyone from the owner,to the foreman and fellow co workers.
start Monday.
went and picked up my tools and quit present job afterwards.too much drama.
Also,no more getting up at 330am to be at work by 500am.
going to take this week "off", and try to get caught up on some projects. smile

Last edited by fluffy; 04/07/14.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone

grin

I'd like the same thing.

Actually, on the way home it didn't do anything out of the ordinary. I'll just have to find some time to take it in.

Well if it is the tranny going, I hope they repair/replace before your warranty is up. Good Luck T

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GB!!!! Hopefully, you get the Explorer you want with GB colors, a GB Superbowl, and a 5th silver trophy named after the Old Man in GB!!
grin

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
HAPPY BIRTHDAY,GRIZZLY BILL!!!!
Stan in SC

Hey Stan! Down in your neck of the woods. Drove down and stayed in Knoxville last night. Missed Woodford Reserve Distillery by 10 minutes. frown

Today in a driving rain we came down 26 through Spartanburg before heading west on 20 at Columbia. Gorgeous country!! And WARM!

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GB!!!! Hopefully, you get the Explorer you want with GB colors, a GB Superbowl, and a 5th silver trophy named after the Old Man in GB!!
grin

They're going to name a trophy after Favre?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Charliefoxtrot, Welcome to the South.That drive down I-26 is some pretty country and out I-20 east of Columbia is pretty flat and different cause you are headed toward the coastal flat land.
Where are you headed?

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Page 1,334 of 1,842 1 2 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 257Bob, 57 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,638
Posts18,455,306
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.