Hop To
Page 1,429 of 1,842 1 2 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Mule1, that is great!

+1 Muley.

Grandson has that mischievous look in his eye ! Arhm, similar to a young fella who just "shotted" a deer !

whistle

Yep he is as onery as the day is long .Being the only male grandchild on wifes side he's big plenty spoiled too wink

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
mule1,more "windage" just might have been the answer. Congratulations to the young lady.That is a nice deer.Old model Seven is a good rifle isn't it?

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mule1
Mule1, that is great!

+1 Muley.

Grandson has that mischievous look in his eye ! Arhm, similar to a young fella who just "shotted" a deer !

whistle

Yep he is as onery as the day is long .Being the only male grandchild on wifes side he's big plenty spoiled too wink

Roger that.

Just read your sig line !!

Pretty sure I know whose mouth that came out of !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
mule1,more "windage" just might have been the answer. Congratulations to the young lady.That is a nice deer.Old model Seven is a good rifle isn't it?

Stan in SC

Thanks Stan . Yes its a good rifle giving it to her will make my brother and nephew mad (they both have tried to buy it ) but I don't care she earned it !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mule1
Mule1, that is great!

+1 Muley.

whistle

Roger that.

Just read your sig line !!

Pretty sure I know whose mouth that came out of !

You are correct Sir ! He's 3.5 going on 15 he put his Nana in time out the other day too . That was pretty dang funny. He fell down this a.m. I asked if he was OK he said "I ok I tougher than wood pecker lips " wife said I wonder were he got that ? I guess I should watch what I say wink

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Ok enough of a lull. Lets put up pictures to get fired up for deer season. I will start with some trail cam pictures.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I may have some pics for you this weekend if I can ever get out if work! I'd like to bow hunt this weekend and show some dead critter pics.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good luck with the stick and string, buddy. Let me know if you need help eating all that bambi burger. I'm you're man!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I have two helpers already for the Bambi burger. That's why I need to find a Bambi down here. Actually, a Bambi size will be perfect since it's a park and I have to haul the damn thing around before I can cut it up any way.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Note to T;

Take big sack !

wink

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I bring one everywhere I go. laugh

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We lost a pet at home today, the feline known as kitty meow. AKA "Karen" was hit by a car this morning.

No I'm not a cat person, not really. She was a sad case, I spotted her on a county hwy a year and a half ago as a storm rolled in. I didn't stop, I honestly thought she was a crumpled hamburger wrapper or some other small garbage item on the road. Well, I figured out it was a kitten as I drove past. I called Pam, she got in the car and rescued it.

We had her fixed when she was big enough, front claws removed, she was a house ninny. She shot out through an open door on occasion when she felt adventurous. We would laugh at her because her adventure was only 25' from the house in a small but thick stand if cedar trees, big cedars, probably 125 yrs old.

We called it her "jungle".

Its a sad deal all around, joey and I laid her to rest in a hole we dug in her "jungle".

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
She did good to survive when Pam rescued her, she had a broke leg, all beat up, sounded like her lungs were full of fluid, she was almost dead when we found her and we felt lucky that she pulled through.

I say I'm not a cat person, and I'm honestly not. But that was a cool cat.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Anyways.....

2 weekends before deer opener in MN.

I should mow the trail loop north of the cabin and I must install the new gas oven and range. Its the very least I will be happy with accomplishing before season opens. If course we have the unfinished sauna, a dwindling firewood supply and a road that should be brush cut on the sides and bladed for ruts.

I need that cloning machine again, so I can send 4 of me out there to finish that crap.

Something clever here.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Sorry about the kitty Dave.Pet's a pet they still bring us joy. Hope Pam and the kids are ok.

Gonna head out here tomorrow an see if I can shoot a stick at one of the fuzzy freezer snacks. Be back sometime Monday. Hide your beer as I think that's all that will be in danger here this weekend lol

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry for your pet loss Dave . I'm not a cat guy either unless its a natural bobtail Manx I think they call them . They don't really like to be petted and have an overall pissy attitude.

Muzzle stuffer opens in the am tomorrow. I have to work till noon or so an then take wife hunting tomorrow evening . supposed to be 90�yuck !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry for the loss, Dave. Yeah, they ain't a cool hunting dog, or that worthless mooch of a mutt that just decides they've accepted you, but cats do have a way of worming their way into your family. We got my daughter a kitten a couple years ago, and the danged thing promptly decided I was it's best bud. Now, we're bringing in another kitten for Ellie. I promised her I wouldn't go near this one, so it bonds with her. Danged cats.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I joined the "never wearing a wedding ring" club yesterday. Almost ripped off my ring finger during a Nerf-gun war with my son and one of his friends.

On a happy note, I didn't pass out pulling the finger back into joint, the ring came off, so I didn't need it cut off, and I pretended I wasn't hurt enough that the Nerf-gun war was only interrupted for a few minutes.

Hockey at the Xcel tomorrow night with the NHL alum guys. I do NOT plan on catching many pucks......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I stopped wearing my ring a few years after I got married.
I grew a calcium deposit under it,about the size of a number 8 shot.
Really came to be irritating .
disappeared when I stopped wearing it.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by goalie

Hockey at the Xcel tomorrow night with the NHL alum guys. I do NOT plan on catching many pucks......

Dude...last time you told me that and we went to watch. You stopped like 35 shots. I think you'll be fine.they ask cuz you're good!

Sorry about the finger. I had a co-worked that got his finger tore off on a screw in step because of his wedding ring. I wore mine and don't remember an incident.

I sat in the woods for the first time this year. I found a great funnel last week and thought I'd sit it. I had a doe and two fawns come in at last light. I didn't pass them up really, I just couldn't shoot. I think they knew I was there be asks they just wouldn't come out.

Page 1,429 of 1,842 1 2 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

190 members (2ndwind, 240NMC, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 28 invisible), 2,102 guests, and 1,093 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,716
Posts18,457,094
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.