-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 662 of 1,842 1 2 660 661 662 663 664 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dang ole One Teat Dave. The coolness of that old Mopar will make up for your unfortunate bodily deformations.

Did you instantly jump back & yell at the kids "Thats why you don't take the guards off the tools"? "Let my missing teat be a valuable lesson to all of you."

This is way funner than just hollering across my desk at you.

Last edited by White_Bear; 04/12/11. Reason: speeling

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
You are having as much fun with this as the giggling boy assistant that was out in the garage with me when this occurred.

He was walking out of the garage as I was making a tricky cut on the Road runner body where the quarter panel wraps inside the door jam. It was one of those cuts that leaves you no other approachable angle than to "push the cut" which almost always results in a kickback.

So, the boy is just walking out the door hearing the grinder at 11,000 RPM trimming a fairly unloaded cut when suddenly the noise of a wheel catching followed by a thud and a stalled grinder motor growling....

He cautiously hesitates with the exit door half open and slowly closes the door and back tracks towards the booth half afraid of what he's going to see.

Then me, unwinding my shirt and checking for any large holes in my body or excessive bleeding.

I look up to see him all wide eyed and curious, obviously concerned.

I said "I call that the extreme titty twister."

He is still concerned.. he says "Did it hurt?"

I smiled and said "I didn't say above average titty twister did I?"

Then he started laughing and it's all I heard about out in the garage for the rest of the night.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
trust me, nobody wants to see that.

smile

We were going to a birthday party on friday night and I was shaving in the bathroom with my shirt off. Jack said "dad you need a shirt before we leave".

I told him I'm going to go like this...He looked at me with a puzzled look on his face and told me "Dad, nobody want's to see that."

Of course Ma laughed hysterically.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You are having as much fun with this as the giggling boy assistant that was out in the garage with me when this occurred.

I can picture him trying to hold back his laughter with that smile of his.....and NOT being able to do so. grin

I like that boy...nice kid he.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey Chickenbuckers... I know I've asked before, but is anyone applying for a bear tag in the Chickenbuck area?

I've never gone and I'm tossing it around.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I may have found an area to bow hunt. Our office engineer owns about 100 ac. She asked me why I was taking November off and I told her for hunting. She started telling me about her land behind her house and how she doesn't take time off work, she just goes in the morning.

I 1/2 jokingly asked if she needed help thinning the deer herd and she said, come on over, but I need to use a shotgun. She the said "you really should since you only live down the road from me. Which is true, it's around 5-6 miles.

I asked about bow hunting and she said, "Oh sure you can do that, nobody bow hunts it at all. I asked "really." (trying really, really hard to hold in my inner evil Muhahahah giddy laughter)

And the answer is YES....she is single, and yes, she is 23 years old. grin Eat your heart out boys....Maybe Ryan should be applying for jobs in Forest Lake.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone

And the answer is YES....she is single, and yes, she is 23 years old. grin Eat your heart out boys....Maybe Ryan should be applying for jobs in Forest Lake.

Just remember what Jack said "Dad, nobody wants to see that". I'll add laugh"especially a 23 year old"!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kendra needed new brakes, so I said I would help even though I only have 3 days to pack. I figured I could show her and spare an hour or two. we got the front passenger one off and there was no pad on the inside where the plungers push, major damage to them, and the rotor is toast. couldn't get them to go back inside to put new pads on just so it had something, so we need a new caliper and rotor. poor girl is already sad with me leaving and last night she lost the elk ivory necklace I made her. I know we can't order new parts and have them here in time. she doesn't have the money to bring it in and is having a pretty crappy day. sucks to see someone you care a lot about in tears.

on a good note I found a temporary place to stay until I close on the house so we're a go for the move. the clock is ticking for sure now!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
You can use a C-clamp to squish the piston back into that caliper so the pad will fit.

Also, define "toast" in reference to the rotor? is it just grooved and ugly or is it a center finned rotor that has worn dangerously close to the fins on one face?

If it's just grooved/gouged and ugly you can damn sure put a C-clamp on that caliper to compress the piston and stick those new pads in there.

I can tell you for sure it won't be any worse than it was with a bare metal shoe plate grinding on the rotor face, might not be perfect but it could get her by for a while.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
there was no shoe plate, it was the piston directly onto the rotor and had been that way a while.

the piston looked like the face had been cut with a torch and ground off. the back of the rotor felt like ocean waves, and I had a 6" C clamp torqued as hard as I could make it go to make the piston go back inside, the one did but the other was fused there. I even tried hitting the C clamp bar with a hammer to get it to turn more and all it did was start to press and chip the housing of the caliper where the face of the C clamp was anchored. I wish I woulda snapped a pic of it but it seemed insensitive with her crying next to me. I've changed brakes many many times before and its always gone off without a hitch and really easy to do. she said its been making a squeeking and grinding noise for a couple of months. and I found one of her brake pads in the back drive where we park, looks like it sat there a while, I woulda seen it in the ice otherwise. so she was using the piston to brake her car for the last few months. at least until it wouldn't go out any further and the drivers side brakes were doing all the stopping.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill

Just remember what Jack said "Dad, nobody wants to see that". I'll add laugh"especially a 23 year old"!

I didn't say I'm going to take a run at her...I said Ryan should.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
There was no nipple removal, It stalled out an 11,000 RPM 4.5" angle grinder with a cutting wheel though.

And yes it left a mark.

grin
Hope you moobs are still the same size.....

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
. Took the river route over to Wisconsin Rapids. Saw a lot of minor flooding and water was on the road in one location.

Dave's nerps and Ryan's brake pad issues aside,

Bill, is Rusty's Backwater Saloon OK? Bloody Mary drinkers everywhere are concerned. eek

Pointbock

Support your local brewer.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
there was no shoe plate, it was the piston directly onto the rotor and had been that way a while.

the piston looked like the face had been cut with a torch and ground off. the back of the rotor felt like ocean waves, and I had a 6" C clamp torqued as hard as I could make it go to make the piston go back inside, the one did but the other was fused there. I even tried hitting the C clamp bar with a hammer to get it to turn more and all it did was start to press and chip the housing of the caliper where the face of the C clamp was anchored. I wish I woulda snapped a pic of it but it seemed insensitive with her crying next to me. I've changed brakes many many times before and its always gone off without a hitch and really easy to do. she said its been making a squeeking and grinding noise for a couple of months. and I found one of her brake pads in the back drive where we park, looks like it sat there a while, I woulda seen it in the ice otherwise. so she was using the piston to brake her car for the last few months. at least until it wouldn't go out any further and the drivers side brakes were doing all the stopping.

Wow.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yeah. its somethin else.
good news is my friend steve is gonna fix her car for her and replace everything. the parts are on order and in a couple of weeks she'll be as good as new. kinda wishing I could be the one to fix it, I like doing stuff like that.

I shoulda taken pictures, man you wouldn't believe it

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well this may come as a shocker, I put in my 2 weeks notice at Kenny's. I thought a lot about it and I have not really liked it (except the discount). It just seemed to get worse each evening. I just can not see myself doing that in 2-5 years.

I will start working in flowerbeds the begining of next month. That is the job I really enjoy. And I would not be able to do that working there. Call me crazy, but I think I made the right choice.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Congrats Muffy! I kinda wondered if that job wouldn't wear on you a bit...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
What! The day after "National Licorice Day" (i'm not making that up)It was gettin dull around here without you anyway.

That shift will wear a person out quick. It doesn't do anyone any good to work a job they don't like. Glad you did what you want to do.....

Does this mean I don't get any licorice? grin

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Pointbock
. Took the river route over to Wisconsin Rapids. Saw a lot of minor flooding and water was on the road in one location.

Dave's nerps and Ryan's brake pad issues aside,

Bill, is Rusty's Backwater Saloon OK? Bloody Mary drinkers everywhere are concerned. eek

Pointbock

PB, I'm sure the water was getting up close to Rusty's, but as far as I know they're ok. They survied last Septembers flood with no problem and the water was a lot higher. They do make a great Bloody Mary, don't they. smile

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
My son emailed me last night. They're officially the owners of a home in Three Forks, MT.

Page 662 of 1,842 1 2 660 661 662 663 664 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 673, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 14 invisible), 1,659 guests, and 890 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.