Page 675 of 1,842 1 2 673 674 675 676 677 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
"so and so just did blah, blah, blah on mafia wars"

"John doe just answered a question about you"

I can't stand facebook personally, you have to wade through waist deep crap that's advertisement and market study based garbage. It's 90% cluttered with advertising and market research garbage, stupid games and quizzes... blahhhh, makes me want to hurl.

I don't mind the silly "I just walked my dog" or the "I'm very tired this morning" or what ever, that's fine. It's all the cluttered junk that you have to wade through that I can't stand.

Communicating with or checking up on friends/family is cool, I just can't stand the structure of the whole thing. It's just creepy.

Something clever here.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
once you get the new old truck fixed up it'll be about time for RWS to take over his driving lessons in there!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
right you are stan, I have facebook and usually check my notifications to who sent me a message, or wrote on my wall. as for the "news" thing that tells everyone what so-and so is doing, its easy to ignore. and if you're bored you can kill some time by reading what people are up to. I usually block the news feeds from the people who update it every hour with "taking a nap" or "shower time" or "its movie night" that kinda stuff gets old, but you can choose to hide those from the ones who do it all the time.

facebook aint gay. its helped me reconnect with lots of old Navy buddies I would have lost touch with forever otherwise.

That pretty much hits it on the head. Those that post the crap every hour about their dog peeing, went for a walk, baby is sleeping etc. is the GAY part of facebook. Their posts get hidden from me.

The people that want to be your friend just because you passed them once in the hall in grade school is gay too. If you accept them, their posts are pretty much meaningless to you. You didn't know them then and you don't know them now. They "friend" you just to get their friend count up.

But like Ryan and Stan said, if managed properly its a good way to keep in touch with actual old friends and family members that you would never talk to otherwise.

So IMO its 60 percent gay and 40 percent worthwhile.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
"so and so just did blah, blah, blah on mafia wars"

"John doe just answered a question about you"

I can't stand facebook personally, you have to wade through waist deep crap that's advertisement and market study based garbage. It's 90% cluttered with advertising and market research garbage, stupid games and quizzes... blahhhh, makes me want to hurl.

I don't mind the silly "I just walked my dog" or the "I'm very tired this morning" or what ever, that's fine. It's all the cluttered junk that you have to wade through that I can't stand.

Communicating with or checking up on friends/family is cool, I just can't stand the structure of the whole thing. It's just creepy.

Dave you can block all that stuff as it hits your page. I do it every time I get something like that and have cut down the garbage considerably. All those game things people play get blocked and you never have to see them again.

WTF is a farkle anyway?? PEOPLE have gotten blocked from me for sending me that request! smirk

Last edited by Rooster7; 05/04/11. Reason: fat fingers

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Happy belated birthday Rooster!

Thanks Bill!

Happy late berfday buddy!

Originally Posted by runswithscissors
The tires are good on the truck, its a nice truck i think it should go to a truck show.

Boy, you aint right in the head...

lol!!

grin

hahaha father u were like this when u were a kid to grin

Hold my mountain dew & watch this.

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Aint you supposed to be learning something about right now?

Google 1964 chevy short box step side.

Let me know what you think, goofball.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dave I expect the new/older Ford to be finished by Fall time.

Next time come on down to Tx. to buy a truck, we don't have rust in the weatern part of the state. Easy to fix up.

Last edited by Wtxj; 05/04/11.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'd like to just come down to Tx even if it aint to buy a truck. grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I know I'm not the goofball you were refering to but.... That is one of my favorite trucks. Frined of mine has one that is pretty hot. Flame thrower of a 454 in it too. Ran 11's at BIR with it last summer, but it had a 396. He blew it (like a chevy) and put the 454 in her. I'm not sure I've ever heard a street truck/car as loud as his. No tickets yet though. grin

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by tzone

[Linked Image]

This picture, with the lady driving, with that big smile on her face....is why you needed to get that truck running.

I like that last picture, with them both together. Cool!

enough with the gay - now back to your regularly scheduled "smilin' like heck" pictures

Dave, please do an International (preferably early 60's) next, so I can see what I have to do. I am also in the POS truck club, but mine don't run.

Support your local brewer.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Rooster, Apparently Farkle is a game you can play on Face book

Farkle is a fun dice game that is easy to learn and very addictive! The game is played with six dice. All six dice are rolled to start a turn. The player can then select one or more dice to keep for points. The points earned are added to a temporary score. The player may then opt to take their points and end the turn, or the player may roll ...

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Speaking of Texas my daughter just transferred to Ft Bliss. Sounds like a road/hunting trip may be in order......

Great Truck Pam!...I had one real similar once upon a time....mine was a '79 F250.

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Just got home from the boy's first baseball game. Goofy little sucker is batting 1.000, and scored two runs and made a decent play at short stop. The score was tied 20 to 20. grin not kidding.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Had my daughters tee ball 2 nite... Shes not batting 1000 but were having fun with it.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well I guess the news has reached the whole family so i can officialy tell everyone that me and Jeremy are breaking up after 13 years. It is nothing that either one of us did. We have never had a real fight in the whole time we were together. In the last year we have just drifted appart. We are still friends. We have talked and laughed more in the last few days than we have in the last few months.

I will be living at Makes No Patties this summer while I work with Jeremy's mom. Then by the fall I have to decide if I want to go to school or what I'm going to do. I guess I have to decide soon what I want to be when I grow up. smile

It is really hard but things will be fine. I have lots of caring family and friends around me and that helps alot. So big hugs to all of you and thanks!!

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I already told you.... I'm here for ya. You're kinda like my big sis anyways.

Ooof. School. I'm not sure I could do that again. Never mind, I'm positive I couldn't do that again.

I got an idea, you could help me build a sauna. grin

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Muffy,the ending of a relationship is never an easy thing in any circumstances.It sounds like you and Jeremy have things pretty much in hand to have an amicable split which makes it much easier.Everything will work out well for you.Keep plugging girl.School is the best thing you can do.My daughter went back to school after her divorce and earned her RN degree and now is working on a master's degree.Learn more....earn more.

I always wanted to live in Texas.My wife did live in San Antonio once for several years.In 1997 I moved here from Atlanta to be central to all the kids' locations and as such to be able to enjoy and participate more in the grand kid's lives.If'n it wasn't for the kids I would have gladly moved to Texas.

Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 05/05/11.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sorry to hear that. at least you guys still get along well and you never know what the future holds.

I too vote for college. I went back at the age of 29 and there are a lot more "nontraditional" students now than ever. its the best thing I ever did for myself. I love my job, though I'll never get rich I get to work in the outdoors and the wilderness every day. I see dozens of deer, turkeys you name it every day. pick something you love and go for it!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I get to work with turkeys everyday too. smile

The ones I've been seeing, smoke crack, pet their imaginary dogs, and talk to thier invisible friends.

Last edited by tzone; 05/05/11.

Page 675 of 1,842 1 2 673 674 675 676 677 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

291 members (160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 29 invisible), 1,487 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,062
Posts18,463,338
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.